Home Forums Other discussions Ecommerce store for sale with patented product

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    MoonMama
    • Total posts: 3

My store is a year old (http://www.moonmama.com.au) It was set up to sell my patented product the Take-Off Tote (all-in-one diaper bag, feeding pillow & play mat). I have an Australian Innovation Patent for the product and a trademark for our business name, Moon Mama. I feel I’ve done a good job setting the website up. I believe with the right owner, good marketing and SEO, this store has great potential. I work full time aside from this, have a toddler and a newborn. I just do not have the time to devote to this. You can buy just the site & trademark & sell new inventory. Or I will negotiate the patent for the bag if someone wants to find their own manufacturer to continue this. I will send you a bag for them to replicate. I was part of a business accelerator program & even pitched the idea at Google in Sydney. It was also in Anthill’s Smart 100 Innovations 2014. The store will come with logo, trademark, shopify store & patent (by negotiation). It’s also an option just to buy the patent & add the product to your existing inventory.

Dave Gillen – FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 2,543

A quick question – is there a reason the buyer will have to find their own manufacturer to continue making the product? It stands out as an extra hurdle for anyone who might be interested.

Dave

Dave Gillen - Client Acquisition | Brisbane | (07) 3180 0288
    Jason Ramage
    Participant
    • Total posts: 3,161
    FS Forum Support, post: 221398, member: 49676 wrote:
    A quick question – is there a reason the buyer will have to find their own manufacturer to continue making the product? It stands out as an extra hurdle for anyone who might be interested.

Dave

Interesting point, sounds like its in production already? maybe protection of manufacturer? Although, as a side note, interesting post selling a web site and business… Do we have a different area that it should be posted in? Maybe the businesses for sale section it should be moved to?

Jason Ramage | Lucas Arthur Pty Ltd | E: hello@lucasarthur.net.au   P: 61 3 8324 0344    M: 61 412 244 888
    Hatching_It
    • Total posts: 414

I’d say this thread will be deleted because I don’t believe it falls within forum guidelines but at least you’ll receive my message in an email notification..

For selling a business and website there’s a few websites

– flippa
    http://www.businessesforsale.com/

It sounds like you don’t own 100% of the patent as you’ve traded part of your business for capital investment?

I must admit, the terms around sale do smell a little fishy and I think you’ll struggle to get genuine interest without presenting it in a more attractive (and details) manner. I’d work on your pitch for selling the business.

MoonMama
    • Total posts: 3

Hi. I own the patent. The reason they would have to find their own manufacturer is I only have limited stock left on the small order I placed. I can pass the details of the manufacturer on but some would perhaps prefer their existing network.

Can someone tell me the section I need to post this? I couldn’t see a businesses for sale page?

Jason Ramage
    Participant
    • Total posts: 3,161
    MoonMama, post: 221415, member: 63602 wrote:
    Can someone tell me the section I need to post this? I couldn’t see a businesses for sale page?

You may not find one, i am not sure this site accommodates business sales or product sales directly. Maybe an admin can come on and point you in the right direction, maybe i have overlooked it as well.

Wishing you all the best..

Jason Ramage | Lucas Arthur Pty Ltd | E: hello@lucasarthur.net.au   P: 61 3 8324 0344    M: 61 412 244 888
    Dave Gillen – FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 2,543

[USER=63602]@MoonMama[/USER] we don’t normally allow business for sale ads, but I was a little curious and you’ve managed to get some feedback and a couple of suggestions for where to list your site. This thread may disappear if one of the other admins also flags it, but in the meantime hopefully you have found the advice useful.

Dave

Dave Gillen - Client Acquisition | Brisbane | (07) 3180 0288
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.