Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Email Marketing

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    zelman
    • Total posts: 1
    Up
    ::

I am looking for email marketing services that have social networks integrated, any idea where to start?

Samith
    • Total posts: 187
    Up

Hi Zelman,

Have a look at mail chimp, they have social media integrated to their email delivery. It automatically updates your twitter, facebook etc with a snippet of the new email and a link.

Best Regards,
    Samith.

Pross
    • Total posts: 29
    Up

I haven’t seen Mailchimp’s social network tools but I have used them in general and they are damn pro.

marketingweb
    • Total posts: 625
    Up

I also agree Mailchimp is great. They will autopost to twitter and facebook as stated, and have a lot of great other features. Not sure what you mean exactly by social network integration, I can imagine some more advanced types of integration but haven’t really seen anything better than what Mailchimp offers.

I’m also in the advanced planning stages of launching my own email marketing system/service based in Australia and built for the small to medium business who needs a bit more assistance in the actual email creation etc. It’s probably about 6 months away though – just getting in early with a bit of pre-pre-publicity!

Matt
    Marketing Web

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

OMG ! Thanks for the heads up about MailChimp !!!

Steveo
    • Total posts: 81
    Up

+1 for me for Mailchimp too.

Tons of features and analysis tools for free until your list reaches 500!

Arnold Shields
    • Total posts: 58
    Up

I am a big fan of mailchimp as well. Also makes it very easy to segment your list.

Firefly Research
    • Total posts: 7
    Up

Hi Everyone….

I’m a little confused! Can someone tell me exactly what mailchimp do? Is it database management? Who sends the emails? Where do their subscribers come from? Shheesh – I’m not real good with these things…..can someone explain it to me in simple terms?

Amy
    Firefly Research
    ‘Lighting the way in market research recruiting’
    http://www.fireflyresearch.com.au

FlyingFridge
    • Total posts: 12
    Up

Mailchimp lets you import your list of email subscribers and helps you send out email to them. It’ll track statistics on these emails sent and all that.

marketingweb
    • Total posts: 625
    Up
    Firefly Research, post: 38910 wrote:
    Hi Everyone….

I’m a little confused! Can someone tell me exactly what mailchimp do? Is it database management? Who sends the emails? Where do their subscribers come from? Shheesh – I’m not real good with these things…..can someone explain it to me in simple terms?

Amy
    Firefly Research
    ‘Lighting the way in market research recruiting’
    http://www.fireflyresearch.com.au

Mailchimp is basically “do it yourself” email marketing software/service, otherwise known as an ESP or “Email Service Provider”. It can manage your list or you can import emails from another source. It then will manage all the unsubscribes, bounce cleaning etc for you.

Mailchimp also does the sending from their servers which is better than sending yourself for a tonne of reasons.

Mailchimp also allows you to create the emails from within the program, BUT I find it’s only reasonable at this and prefer to import HTML email’s ive created myself.

The subscribers to your list you have to collect/source yourself – note DO NOT purchase lists as this is a bad idea in general and banned by Mailchimp also.

Overall though, Mailchimp while being powerful and easy to use is still software for people with some experience in email marketing or website stuff. To start I would recommend getting some expert help at setting up the email itself and other areas, and you can then progress to doing it yourself as you get more skilled.

If you need some assistance in this area please let me know – i’m happy to help with some intital advice for free with no obligations, and can do the setup work for you at reasonable rates.

Matt

WebDesignTek
    • Total posts: 43
    Up

One very popular alternative is Aweber.
    Many chose it over Mailchip. One reason is the support is better.

idraco5
    • Total posts: 2
    Up

If you are looking for a truly do-it-yourself job in terms of email marketing software then I could definitely recommend that you use Aweber.

Although some of the more advanced features in Aweber such as email list segmentation and the like are being developed, this is by far the easiest and most useful piece of email marketing software been developed.

Marra
    • Total posts: 45
    Up

I’ve used mail chimp and is OK. I am in the process of setting up WYSIJA which looks like will be easier for me with a WordPress based blog newsletter. It ia a WP plugin. Also feel it will be a bit simpler to integrate with my contacts management software.

chexton
    • Total posts: 46
    Up

Big fan of CampaignMonitor.com myself. It’s between them and MailChimp but CM has a fantastic design and is Australian (as a bonus).

I’m a founder of an email marketing program myself (with a different focus) and I recommend CM every time for this sort of marketing!

PS – this thread is going on as well: http://www.flyingsolo.com.au/forums/sales-marketing/14113-software-email-marketing-2.html#post150253

ItsYourBusiness
    • Total posts: 16
    Up

Mailchimp, Aweber, and Campaign Monitor are the three that I think most ‘professional’ email marketers use, and are all pretty highly regarded. Not sure how they differ in price.

Having said that – the software that you use will ultimately be limited by the quality of your email database. You’ll also need to work hard on the copywriting (or pay someone else to do it) if you want to see the best results.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.