Home – New Forums Marketing mastery email newsletters

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    BrightBiz
    • Total posts: 69
    Up
    ::
    warrenc, post: 11943 wrote:
    And I agree with you also, Leela… but the truth is that those guys don’t waste money sending printed material to unqualified lists.

They are posting printed newsletters to hot qualified prospects that have been pre-qualified by their responses to various email marketing campaigns.

So if you don’t know the yings and yangs of your database, email marketing is a very economic option for gaining that knowledge.

Armed with that knowledge you can then segment your database to use the right marketing tool to talk to the right segment of your database (target market) at the right time.

Well said, couldn’t agree more Warren!

LukeH
    • Total posts: 29
    Up
    BrightBiz, post: 11933 wrote:
    Hi Bruce,

I use http://www.aweber.com which unfortunately is US based but I’ve been with them for a couple of years for different things and find them great.

They have very extensive reporting to track your campaigns, ready made templates etc etc.

One vital factor to consider is email deliverability. You don’t want your email ending up in the spam folder or not delivered at all. Aweber has a very good reputation for high deliverability rates.

Their prices start at $19 (US) per month for up to 500 subscribers and goes up from there, but I am sure you can send as many newsletters to those subscribers as you wish for the $19 not that you’d want to send too many of course.

Good luck with your choice, in all honesty I signed up with aweber because of reading great stuff about it and it’s tracking systems and deliverability etc, but I didn’t really consider Australian options which I should probably look into.

If you like the look of Aweber, then you might like to consider our Email Marketing service – we are private label Aweber partners, based in Australia. Customer service is managed by Aweber in the States. I like the chat option for customer service, which is online until about mid morning or lunch time Australian time. You can also phone or email.

We also have a pricing advantage too :) We still have the previous (cheaper) Aweber pricing which is $19.95 per month for 5,000 subscribers and unlimited emails.

Cheers,

Luke

Benedict
    • Total posts: 144
    Up

I too think that good old fashioned paper has a place in the mix.

I believe that the seeming no-costness of email has meant that poor marketers have used it as an excuse to send to every email address they can find regardless of the fact opt-in campaigns work better. As a result email marketing is now diminished in the minds of everyone. Emails don’t seem to carry the sway of a paper newsletter simply because we get so many. Paper itself suffers the same way when we get 500 other rubbish things (and bills) along with the newsletter. We feel overwhelmed and toss the whole lot.

I value the emails I asked for like Seth Godin but people who want to extract my email so they can force stuff on me. No way. I feel the same with paper.

Where companies offer me the choice of paper or email I choose email but paper in my hands still carries weight if it is relevant to me.

To the OP: AWeber has a massive reputation. There are a host of services out there ranging from free to silly money. Pick one that allows you to engage your clients. Templates can be a real trap as they are impersonal. Better to get something designed for you.

:-)

LukeH
    Up
    Benedict, post: 11985 wrote:
    I value the emails I asked for like Seth Godin but people who want to extract my email so they can force stuff on me. No way. I feel the same with paper.

Agreed. To use a Seth Godin term “Permission Marketing” is the key to all of this isn’t it?

I cringe whenever people ask us if we sell email lists….no no no! Build your own list and get permission! It will pay off in the longer term.

BruceR
    • Total posts: 195
    Up
    LukeH, post: 11997 wrote:
    Agreed. To use a Seth Godin term “Permission Marketing” is the key to all of this isn’t it?

I cringe whenever people ask us if we sell email lists….no no no! Build your own list and get permission! It will pay off in the longer term.

Isn’t selling email lists against the Spam Act (unless I suppose people have given permission for the email address to be sold)?

BrightBiz
    Up
    Numberz, post: 12003 wrote:
    Isn’t selling email lists against the Spam Act (unless I suppose people have given permission for the email address to be sold)?

I guess that’s where it comes down to reading the fine print, sometimes when you subscribe to newsletters you may be giving the company permission to provide your email address to third parties, it often states “that are carefully chosen by us for their relevancy”, plenty of large multinational companies do this actually!!

BrightBiz
    Up
    LukeH, post: 11978 wrote:
    If you like the look of Aweber, then you might like to consider our Email Marketing service – we are private label Aweber partners, based in Australia. Customer service is managed by Aweber in the States. I like the chat option for customer service, which is online until about mid morning or lunch time Australian time. You can also phone or email.

We also have a pricing advantage too :) We still have the previous (cheaper) Aweber pricing which is $19.95 per month for 5,000 subscribers and unlimited emails.

Cheers,

Luke

Luke, I’d tell anyone to go with a private label like yours, I’m really lucky and am on the older Aweber system also I never upgraded my plan, so yep, it all runs through the same system, excellent reliability etc just cheaper :)

BruceR
    • Total posts: 195
    Up
    LukeH, post: 11978 wrote:

Cheers,

Luke

Hi Luke, do you offer the $1 trial account that’s on the AWeber website?

HappyCamper
    • Total posts: 42
    Up

Hi Bruce,

When I first started I made an HTML template and sent from Outlook. It just became a nightmare to manage with email bounces and just general management.

So I started using http://www.verticalresponse.com. Like other ones listed on this blog it is US based. I pay $0.15 per email. My list is only small with 280. I find it pretty easy to use and it has OPT IN code that I can put on my website so people are signing directly to the system.

Anyway,good luck with it,

Regards

LukeH
    Up
    Numberz, post: 12148 wrote:
    Hi Luke, do you offer the $1 trial account that’s on the AWeber website?

Hi Bruce,

sorry for the slow reply – I haven’t been on the forums for a few days.

I wish we could offer the $1 trial, but AWeber hasn’t offered that to us to pass on. We have better ongoing monthly deal – $19.95 for up to 5,000 subscribers – instead of $19 for 500 subscribers. So as you list grows, we’ll definitely be a cheaper option.

Happy to discuss any other value adds we can include to make you happy to come on board with us. Just email me luke at emailmarketingsoftware.com.au to discuss :)

LukeH
    Up
    BrightBiz, post: 12021 wrote:
    Luke, I’d tell anyone to go with a private label like yours, I’m really lucky and am on the older Aweber system also I never upgraded my plan, so yep, it all runs through the same system, excellent reliability etc just cheaper :)

Thanks BrightBiz! Appreciate the comment.

I completely understand why Aweber increased their pricing as they offered so much for so little. And they still get heaps of people signing up at the new rates.

But I’m definitely happy that we have the cheaper older rates. $19.95 for unlimited emails to 5,000 subscribers means there is no financial excuse for a small business not to get into email marketing.

nobbo
    • Total posts: 8
    Up

I have no vested interest in this either way, but I have found that faxes can still be quite productive.

Emails get deleted … letters get mixed up in all the other junk, but for some reason a fax always ends up on the right desk

Just a thought

Tommy

Adam Randall
    • Total posts: 382
    Up

We post our newsletters (about 350) and send them in A4 envelopes so they do not need to be folded which doubles the postage.

We also hand write the names and addresses on the front.
    Sure it takes a day or so to get through but – would you ever throw out an A4 envelope that is hand written? Of course not it might be something important!

We never send to “the manager” etc, they have to have a name.

I get about 20 or 30 e-newsletters a day, they go into our semi-junk folder where if I get time, I read them, I never get time.

When was the last time I got a newsletter in the post with my name and address handwritten on the outside? I have never got one!

Make the newsletter worthwhile, allow the reader to get to know you and most of all, make sure it is regular (for us once a quarter)

It costs us about $1200 to do each time but I think its money well spent.

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.