Home – New Forums Tech talk Email outreach help

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Jenny Spring
    • Total posts: 597
    Up
    ::
    TehCamel, post: 206389 wrote:
    Bert, what’s your view on this kind of scenario:
    I have an IT product or service that I wish to suggest to you.
    I query the AUNIC registry database.
    it gives me this info:

if I do a little further research and determine that Andrew Egan is the director of said company, I could imply that since he is a director, and since he is listed as a Technical Contact for the registered domain, and since the service I’m offering relates to emails for that domain, and that this address is conspicuously published, I can send email because it’s relevant.

what if I was to do a search for another domain name and I find this: (which I’ve edited)

the tech contact’s real name is listed on their website as a co-owner.
    they are listed as at echnical contact for the domain.
    A further search for their real name @theirdomain.com finds a posting on facebook with a job and their proper email address.

Would you say that’s conspicously published ? :)

Andy

If they’ve listed it on Facebook then it looks like you are in the clear. Generally speaking, it needs to be on their own website, or brochure, or LinkedIn profile or a place relating to their own business.

Jenny

bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,485
    Up
    TehCamel, post: 206389 wrote:
    Bert, what’s your view on this kind of scenario:
    I have an IT product or service that I wish to suggest to you.
    I query the AUNIC registry database.
    it gives me this info:

if I do a little further research and determine that Andrew Egan is the director of said company, I could imply that since he is a director, and since he is listed as a Technical Contact for the registered domain, and since the service I’m offering relates to emails for that domain, and that this address is conspicuously published, I can send email because it’s relevant.

what if I was to do a search for another domain name and I find this: (which I’ve edited)

the tech contact’s real name is listed on their website as a co-owner.
    they are listed as at echnical contact for the domain.
    A further search for their real name @theirdomain.com finds a posting on facebook with a job and their proper email address.

Would you say that’s conspicously published ? :)

Andy,

I cant see your average Spam’er going to that much hassle, but could I suggest that if that is the method you propse for sending out commercial emails, that you consult ACMA prior to the undertaking.

Stephen Mayall
    • Total posts: 20
    Up
    Graham Pinning, post: 203577 wrote:
    So I have a list of websites I would like to contact for links, they are good websites in my industry.

How do i go about emailing them without getting hit for spamming on my email?

Do I have to write each email from scratch?

I use outlook.

Hi Graham I’ve just noticed your post and read a bit of feedback and the first thing I would say is. You might want to hold off emailing these website straight off.

If you’ve not prior relationship with them there’s a good chance your email wil go unnoticed or acknowledged anyway.

Instead you need to begin to build a relationship with each.

Follow each on Twitter, Facebook etc – Add each to a separate twitter list so you can monitor their feed

Share their posts occasionally – ones you think are right for your audience

Comment on their blogs, respond to their questions on social media etc

Then reach out and send a complimentary email don’t ask for anything yet

Finally reach out and ask for help, that might be to ask them to share one of your posts, ask for a guest post opportunity or a backlink to a relavant article.

This might seem like a long winded approach but why would some one throw you a line if you haven’t don’t anything for them. Whats in it for them to link to your website.

Ilya
    • Total posts: 6
    Up

Hi Graham,

Don’t worry about the spam. If you write a nice personal email with a soft pitch, nobody is going to complain.

You can use mail merge process to generate a large number of customised emails or use something like ToutApp, Yesware or Sidekick to customise a large number of emails.

On another note, simply asking for a link will have a very low chance of success (probably zero) unless you have a very valuable resource or a clear benefit to offer to your target.

Brian Dean has some interesting methods such as Moving Man to alert site owners about broken links or outdated resources then asking for the link. He even has a great email script you can use. Have a look:
    http://backlinko.com/live-case-study

Please note I am not affiliated with Brian Dean and Backlinko in any way.

All the best.

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi Ilya,

Welcome to the forum – you are very welcome here.

To help us all get to know you, please pop over to the New members section of the forum when you get a moment and tell us all a bit about yourself and your business, and please set up a forum profile and signature that tells us where you’re based and what you do.

Finally, could you please confirm for us whether you have any affiliation with the businesses named or linked to in your post? (Our guidelines don’t permit the inclusion of undisclosed affiliation references).

Thanks for your help, and thanks for joining the forum today too, :)
    Jayne

Ilya
    • Total posts: 6
    Up

Hi Jayne,

Thanks for the warm welcome.

I am sorry I didn’t realise about the guidelines. I can confirm that I have absolutely no affiliation with the linked resource, just wanted to share it as excellent and tested SEO advice.

Be well,

Ilya

FS Concierge, post: 207231 wrote:
    Hi Ilya,

Welcome to the forum – you are very welcome here.

To help us all get to know you, please pop over to the New members section of the forum when you get a moment and tell us all a bit about yourself and your business, and please set up a forum profile and signature that tells us where you’re based and what you do.

Finally, could you please confirm for us whether you have any affiliation with the businesses named or linked to in your post? (Our guidelines don’t permit the inclusion of undisclosed affiliation references).

Thanks for your help, and thanks for joining the forum today too, :)
    Jayne

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi Ilya,

Thanks for letting us know :)

Have an awesome day, and we’ll look forward to getting to know you.

Thanks again for joining Flying Solo :)
    Jayne

bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,485
    Up
    Ilya, post: 207204 wrote:
    Hi Graham,

Don’t worry about the spam. If you write a nice personal email with a soft pitch, nobody is going to complain.

You can use mail merge process to generate a large number of customised emails or use something like ToutApp, Yesware or Sidekick to customise a large number of emails.

QUOTE]

It doesnt matter if you write a direct email or a “nice personal”, if it has a sales pitch and it doesnt meet the guidelines it is spam

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.