Home – New Forums Tech talk EMD recovery

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    JohnW
    • Total posts: 2,642
    Up
    ::

Hi Craig,
    The problem with this sort of post is that it ignores the up to 1,000 other ranking factors that may have changed in the time frame.

There have been at least 250 algo changes that G has made in the last 9 months. Blaming your problems all on EMD ranking changes is probably unrealistic.

What I would suggest is that it is likely that the time you would have spent on developing and hosting 100 EMD sites would be better spent on developing a very small number of sites.

It is impossible to be precise but it is likely that you would do better with 1 x 100 page website than with 100 x 1 page websites.
    Regs,
    JohnW

Zava Design
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,463
    Up
    JohnW, post: 139029 wrote:
    It is impossible to be precise but it is likely that you would do better with 1 x 100 page website than with 100 x 1 page websites.
    You’re not incorrect in general, but the majority of my EMD sites are one pagers, and haven’t been affected. And I didn’t do much outside of writing well optimised content for that one page. And we’re talking decently competitive phrases too. So seems the perceived quality of the content may be having an impact.

But no more definitive than your comment, just an observation on my sites. ;)

JohnW
    • Total posts: 2,642
    Up
    Zava Design, post: 139070 wrote:
    You’re not incorrect in general, but the majority of my EMD sites are one pagers, and haven’t been affected. And I didn’t do much outside of writing well optimised content for that one page. And we’re talking decently competitive phrases too. So seems the perceived quality of the content may be having an impact.

But no more definitive than your comment, just an observation on my sites. ;)
    Hi Zava,
    No doubt we could write pages on this topic.

I have a small number of 1 page EMDs set up for a client and they are still holding OK, also. In that situation they were set up as feeders to a new main website around 2 years ago. Originally they contributed around 60% of the main site’s traffic. Now they generate around 15%. Their traffic has not gone down, the main site’s has gone up.

The point I’m trying to make is that if you know what you are doing then you should get a much better return on your time and investment by channeling most of your resources into one or a small number of domains rather than scattering it across 100 x 1 page EMDs.

The thing with a 1 page EMD website is that it tends to:

a. Be poorly targeted to the audience
    b. Miss the 90% of the audience that don’t use an exact search phrase.

Regs,
    JohnW

Snakeman
    Participant
    • Total posts: 329
    Up

Thanks JohnW for the advice of ranking and EMD’s.
    In our case we bought a lot to preclude others from the option, rather than to neccessarily exploit them for SEO.
    How sensible this is as a partial business strategy, depends in part on the nature of your industry and number of good .com.au EMD’s available.
    All the best

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.