Home – New Forums Starting your journey entertainment hire

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    freethinker
    • Total posts: 9
    Up
    ::

Hey guys!

Long time looker, somewhat first time poster.

I’m looking at entering the hire business, hiring out juke boxes, arcade machines for parties and functions.

Do you think that businesses like these still thrive in today’s market?

I’d like to get peoples opinions.

Thank you : )

MissSassy
    • Total posts: 1,255
    Up

This is a big open ended question and it depends on where you are and where you are planning on hiring out these items.

Have you done any local research to your area?

Any business can thrive and any can fail – there are many factors to take into account.

Mirella Vertigo
    • Total posts: 32
    Up

Welcome, freethinker!

People are always interested in nostalgia. I suggest creating an online survey (check out Survey Monkey) and asking your friends, family, neighbours, colleagues, etc, to fill it out for you. That way you can gauge interest from a diverse range of people. Also check out what potential competitors are hiring out to their customers, and see if you can find something more unique to offer.

Good luck!

Mirella

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi freethinker,

Welcome to the forum, and good on you for doing some solid research before getting started.

I’ll be interested to learn what your investigations reveal.

Wishing you all the best for your new venture,
    Jayne

freethinker
    • Total posts: 9
    Up

Thanks for all your input : )

One other question as well.

As the name suggests, I’m a free thinker. However, when it comes to putting my plans into action, I’m either met with doubt by family members, or I struggle keeping on the one idea.

How do you guys cope with negativity from family and friends as well as staying put with one idea instead of jumping around to different adventures?

Davejochow
    • Total posts: 38
    Up
    freethinker, post: 195595 wrote:
    Thanks for all your input : )

One other question as well.

As the name suggests, I’m a free thinker. However, when it comes to putting my plans into action, I’m either met with doubt by family members, or I struggle keeping on the one idea.

How do you guys cope with negativity from family and friends as well as staying put with one idea instead of jumping around to different adventures?

Hi Freethinker,

People will always be negative when you start a business, so what I did is say to my husband, just give me $5,000 to see what I can do with this. I built a website myself, use people places and decorated to take pictures of what products I can provide. Very tight budget. I know people in the hiring business who may put products they don’t own on a website, and when people show an interest, then they buy the product in time for people to rent. That way minimal outlay. My husband was negative, but $5000 wasn’t that much so I was willing to risk failure. Anyway people were interested, and I slowly started to spend more on my business, and it is going well, but remember you only live once, and if you feel strongly about a business, you may regret never having a go. I had wanted to start this business for 8 years before I finally felt I could do it.

Peter Watson
    • Total posts: 98
    Up

Don’t forget to check out already established business for sale. This may save you the hassle of starting from scratch. http://www.bizlistings.com.au/category/hire-rental

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.