Home – New Forums Get productive EOFY – what are you planning for the next financial year?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Sid@AbbyPractice
    • Total posts: 38
    Up
    ::

Hi everyone,

We’re just a few days away from the end of the financial year and I’ve been looking back at my business’ performance in the year gone by and thinking about what we’ll be doing differently in the coming financial year.

It got me wondering how often other business owners take the time out to analyse their business performance and plan for the future.

How often do you revisit your business plan? Monthly? Quarterly? Yearly?

Thanks,
    Sid

RymeraWebCo
    • Total posts: 27
    Up
    ::

The words “business plan” really don’t sit well with me. I personally feel it’s a great way to spin your wheels writing 60 page Word documents with wide ranging assumptions. Most business plans can be condensed to one page, I recommend using something like Lean Canvas for this…

To answer you question, I find that being a solo founder it’s hard to do this kind of analysis on your own.

I’m very lucky that my wife is quite business minded and doesn’t mind getting involved with high level stuff.

Aside from our weekly adhoc chats here and there we try to sit down and do a strategy type talk about once a month.

It’s pretty informal and definitely no updating of business plans (in the traditional sense anyway), but we do look at numbers and make strategic goals based on what we want to focus on.

Then the important part: we turn it into something more actionable by planning the tasks out and setting firm dates.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.