Home – New Forums Selling online eShop with Multi Price level options?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Brent@Ontrax
    • Total posts: 336
    Up
    ::

Hi All,

Does anyone know of an eCommerce solution that will allow for 2 different prices to be entered for a single product????

I’m need to provide a solution for a wholesaler which sales to both domestic and commercial. They would like the commercial people to be able to login and then get a possible lower price and see commercial discounts, which may be completely separate to the domestic viewers.

I know I can tailor write a solution to the needs but I’m interested to see if anyone has come across a currently available web based solution.

Thank you
    Brent.

eWAY
    • Total posts: 524
    Up

Hi Brent,

It’s a pretty standard feature nowadays. What you’re looking for is “role based pricing”, “group based pricing” or “customer price groups”

Here’s an example module for WooCommerce – https://marketpress.com/product/woocommerce-role-based-prices/

Are you currently using a specific eCommerce platform? I’d be surprised if there wasn’t at least a module/extension available for it.

If you’re looking for a fully hosted Australian solution, Neto supports it out of the box – http://www.neto.com.au/v/all-features

Let me know if you’d like any further info or advice.

Maclean

JohnTranter
    • Total posts: 842
    Up

Default Magento allows you to create customer groups (e.g. Wholesalers, customers, gold member etc.) and assign prices to those customer groups at a product level.

You can also assign a shop wide discount based on the same customer groups (e.g. 5% discount for all gold members), and even assign that discount to just one product category (e.g. 5% discount on Tennis gear for gold members)

that’s all out of the box

John

John Debrincat
    • Total posts: 963
    Up
    Brent@Ontrax, post: 179029 wrote:
    Hi All,

Does anyone know of an eCommerce solution that will allow for 2 different prices to be entered for a single product????

I’m need to provide a solution for a wholesaler which sales to both domestic and commercial. They would like the commercial people to be able to login and then get a possible lower price and see commercial discounts, which may be completely separate to the domestic viewers.

I know I can tailor write a solution to the needs but I’m interested to see if anyone has come across a currently available web based solution.

Thank you
    Brent.

Our solution provides for multiple price lists and customer groups out of the box and no plug-ins needed.

You define a base price (RRP) for the product and you can also have a marked down price.

Then you define a customer group (s) like wholesale, reseller etc. You can create a price list that can be applied to one or more customer groups or customers. For each product you can create either volume or value bases price structures or tiers.

You can also create generic store wide discounts for customer groups / price lists.

When a customer signs-in that is a member of a customer group then they see the price related to that group and not RRP. Although you can turn that off so that the system shows the RRP and all the other prices/tiers related to that group.

This is a standard feature of ePages.

You can also set tax (ex / inc GST) by customer group as B2B often want to show the price ex GST and not inc GST.

Of course you can also have all the above with multiple currencies and different tax jurisdiction.

Now available via Australia Post – My Online Shop, iiNet Shopping Cart, Uber Global eStore and many other local Australian providers.

John

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.