Home – New Forums Tell me straight… eStoreReview – Is The Website Actually Useful?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Ramboo
    • Total posts: 11
    Up
    ::

Hi guys,

I recently launched an online shop review website. It has been three and half months now and managed to find handful number of reviews. Would really appreciate if you can spare couple minutes and let me know the following:

1. What needs reviewing?
    Do you find the content of the website useful? Will you come back to eStoreReview next time when you want find out opinions about an online shop, or just to browse what are the popular online shops that everyone is talking about.

2. What does your business do?
    Allow consumers to share their online shopping experience.

3. Who is your target market?
    Anyone who regularly shops online.

4. What specific concerns do you have?
    Is the content of the website useful enough for people to revisit. Right now I believe most of the traffic are from people that I engage for writing reviews. I am hoping to see people using my website instead of just submitted reviews as favours.

Many thanks,
    Ed

eStoreReview.com.au
    Find Trusted Online Stores

JohnW
    • Total posts: 2,642
    Up

Hi Ed,
    I am NOT saying your site will not be useful to many people. I can only offer one person’s perceptions.

I’m very sceptical about online “review” sites. I find they are often either plagued by people submitting spam reviews or by people submitting reviews to win something.

In other words, I don’t trust their information.

How do I assess credibility? Here are some of the ways people may form a perception of the site’s accuracy and value…

1. Top Reviewers
    There is someone who has submitted 119 reviews since 20/11/12. That works out to be best part of 3 reviews every single day since they joined. How much online shopping can they do? Can they be real reviews?

Are these a couple more “professional” reviewers?
    Angie = 13 reviews since 20/12/12
    xhelss = 12 reviews since 19/12/12

2. View all reviews by same person
    Why can’t we see all reviews by the same person? That may provide more insights about the accuracy and validity of the reviews.

3. Conflicting Info
    Review by a member who joined 26/12/12: “I bought an item for my girlfriend’s birthday, on the 28th of May.”

Did a real customer join your site on Boxing Day and write a real review about a purchase dating back to May?

PS What is a “Lucky Store”?
    Regs,
    JohnW

Ramboo
    • Total posts: 11
    Up

Hi John,

Thank you so much for your time visiting my website, and your feedback is invaluable.

Here are my answers to your questions:

1. We have been accepting reviews where the purchased was made within the past 12 months. That’s why you see reviewers talk about a purchase that was made before the member signed up. And the number of reviews doesn’t mean they made that many purchases after they signed up.

When user submit reviews they are required to provide Date of Purchase, currently what’s displayed publicly is just the Review Submitted Date. So I can see there’s something I need to do there to reflect the correct information.

2. View all reviews by same person
    Actually that’s something Tony (who established this website together) and I are working on at the moment. We are implementing public member profile page where you can see all reviews by the same person. This should be ready by end of next week.

I totally agree there are way too many people out there submitting fake reviews for their own benefit, and we have thought about this when we develop this website.

What I can tell you to hopefully gain a bit of your trust of the information si: every review that gets submitted on our website, reviewers are required to provide Order Id of the purchase, and when we are unable to verify the order we would ask reviewer to provide proof of purchase (i.e. invoice).

This has been extremely expensive process and turned away a lot of people submitting reviews, which can be good thing or bad thing. But we thought, otherwise we just going to end up like many other review websites where people submit spam reviews.

Let me know what you think after reading my feedback.

“Lucky Store” actually just return you a random store by selected category / rating. This feature was requested by a friend who didn’t have a online shop in mind.

Regards,
    Ed

eStoreReview.com.au
    Find Trusted Online Stores

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hello,

I like your site concept. With the sheer volume of ecommerce sites out there, adding another dimension to give them context is useful.

The design is good but there is a little too much ‘wasted’ space in the header and individual profile header. The name of the stores in the title also is a little confusing as you add “reviews” on to the end of each store name… maybe consider putting review somewhere else on the page.

Maybe as a separate concept for your website, put a page up of ecommerce sites which have recieved consistently low ratings or are known to be selling fakes? I remember a few years ago there were a couple of websites trying to name and shame cheap Australian based websites selling fake GHD hair straighteners.

Best of luck with it.

LIttleT
    • Total posts: 1
    Up
    Phill , post: 146385 wrote:
    Hello,

I like your site concept. With the sheer volume of ecommerce sites out there, adding another dimension to give them context is useful.

The design is good but there is a little too much ‘wasted’ space in the header and individual profile header. The name of the stores in the title also is a little confusing as you add “reviews” on to the end of each store name… maybe consider putting review somewhere else on the page.

Maybe as a separate concept for your website, put a page up of ecommerce sites which have recieved consistently low ratings or are known to be selling fakes? I remember a few years ago there were a couple of websites trying to name and shame cheap Australian based websites selling fake GHD hair straighteners.

Best of luck with it.

Hi Phill,

Thanks for the comments on the website. I work with Ramboo on eStoreReview.

I’m particularly interested in your comments on the wasted space on the header and individual profile header. Could you please provide an example of where you see the wasted space. On the home page, are you referring to the “Browse” and “Top Reviewers” as the headings?

We take all comments on board, and if possible we try to see if we can improve the website.

Really happy you posted! If you have other ideas for improvement, please do let us know!

Thanks again for the comments.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.