Home – New Forums Tell me straight… Europe in a Box is OPEN for business

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    mslimalicious
    • Total posts: 12
    Up
    ::

Hello every body,

I’ve just launched a start-up in Australia. Europe in a Box is Australia’s first food subscription box membership offering an ever-changing mix of hand-picked gourmet European treats!

Signing up for the monthly subscription service can be easily and securely done online with membership prices starting at $46/month.

I’m keen on getting feedback about my website: http://www.europeinabox.com.au

JustJames
    • Total posts: 104
    Up

Well done!

Nice clear, simple website and a great idea.

The one thing that I didn’t see is some indication of what is in a typical box. Without that piece of info I don’t know whether what you are offering is a good deal.

Was it there but I missed it?

James

James
    Participant
    • Total posts: 268
    Up

Hi mslimalicious,

Before I go on, let me say the website and concept are great. I think you are on to something special with the concept, and the website does a pretty good job of promoting it.

That being said there are a few opportunities for improvement at the business end of the website.

JustJames, I think there is a bit of information about what is in the box on the ‘Get the box’ page. You have made a good point however, as this information is a bit hidden.

I would suggest creating another page along the lines of ‘what you get’ or ‘what’s in the box’ as a precursor to the ‘Get the box’ page. Get the box sounds quite confronting if you don’t even know what is in it.

Additionally once I get to ‘Get the box’ there are 3 different pages under the one header. You need to turn this into 1 clear path.

Realistically as soon as someone hits ‘Get the box’ it implies they are ready to buy (to some degree). Make sure this link goes to the Subscription page, not the content page as it does currently.

You may want to merge the gifting option in some way also. Whether that is after they have selected a Subscription, or whether it says on the Subscribe page, underneath the usual options: ‘Are you getting this as a gift? See our gift options.’

You just need to eliminate all links from that final button, as that is your Call to Action. In that sense you will also want to give it some unique styling. A solid colour behind is the usual, but you could make it more exciting and get a box pictogram next to it or something. Just something to draw the eye.

I will also note that Sign Up and Cart at the top of the page are of no real benefit. Nobody is going to Sign Up through that form, and you can probably eliminate the cart page altogether.

A cart page is only there for people who buy more than one product. In this case I imagine that will be rare, so make the process of buying one thing easy for the 95%, and let the 5% use the checkout process twice. You will make more money that way.

As usual I got a bit carried away but hopefully something is of benefit above.

mslimalicious
    Up
    JustJames, post: 151433 wrote:
    Well done!

Nice clear, simple website and a great idea.

The one thing that I didn’t see is some indication of what is in a typical box. Without that piece of info I don’t know whether what you are offering is a good deal.

Was it there but I missed it?

James

Hi James,
    Thanks for the great feedback. So nice to have some support!

The content of the box is detailed here: http://www.europeinabox.com.au/get-the-box/

But like you many people might miss this information, so I should consider including elsewhere. Once the first box is released (mid-March), I’ll include some photos of what was inside (for now it’s a surprise because Europe in a Box is all about discovery!)

Many thanks,
    Cyndie

mslimalicious
    Up
    James Rayers, post: 151459 wrote:
    Hi mslimalicious,

Before I go on, let me say the website and concept are great. I think you are on to something special with the concept, and the website does a pretty good job of promoting it.

That being said there are a few opportunities for improvement at the business end of the website.

JustJames, I think there is a bit of information about what is in the box on the ‘Get the box’ page. You have made a good point however, as this information is a bit hidden.

I would suggest creating another page along the lines of ‘what you get’ or ‘what’s in the box’ as a precursor to the ‘Get the box’ page. Get the box sounds quite confronting if you don’t even know what is in it.

Additionally once I get to ‘Get the box’ there are 3 different pages under the one header. You need to turn this into 1 clear path.

Realistically as soon as someone hits ‘Get the box’ it implies they are ready to buy (to some degree). Make sure this link goes to the Subscription page, not the content page as it does currently.

You may want to merge the gifting option in some way also. Whether that is after they have selected a Subscription, or whether it says on the Subscribe page, underneath the usual options: ‘Are you getting this as a gift? See our gift options.’

You just need to eliminate all links from that final button, as that is your Call to Action. In that sense you will also want to give it some unique styling. A solid colour behind is the usual, but you could make it more exciting and get a box pictogram next to it or something. Just something to draw the eye.

I will also note that Sign Up and Cart at the top of the page are of no real benefit. Nobody is going to Sign Up through that form, and you can probably eliminate the cart page altogether.

A cart page is only there for people who buy more than one product. In this case I imagine that will be rare, so make the process of buying one thing easy for the 95%, and let the 5% use the checkout process twice. You will make more money that way.

As usual I got a bit carried away but hopefully something is of benefit above.

Hi James, thanks for the feedback. It’s great!
    The reason I included a sign in / sign up and a cart is to make the website look more professional (all of my competitors in Australia or overseas have it), but so far nobody has used the member registration although they bought the box so I see your point. No arm on leaving it, is there?

Many thanks,
    Cyndie

mslimalicious
    Up
    Scrooge, post: 151473 wrote:
    Have to agree with James, I think you need a This month’s box is blah blah blah – I really need to know what’s in the box to know if I even want the box.

I like the subscription model, great concept but the “selling the sizzle” is very limited and I think that will create big barriers.

Thanks for the feedback Scrooge. The point of the concept is to sell a surprise box so I can’t reveal what will be in the current box otherwise you might as well buy a food hamper on any other websites. Europe in a Box is all about discovery! People like the idea of receiving a surprise gift every month.

But you are right lots of people would prefer to know what’s in the box before buying.

The way I’ll mitigate this risk is by creating a section called: “Our pas boxes” and each month, once the box is released I’ll put up some photos. This way people will get a better idea on what to expect.

Do you think that could be a good compromise?

Many thanks,
    Cyndie

JustJames
    • Total posts: 104
    Up
    mslimalicious, post: 151477 wrote:
    Hi James,
    Thanks for the great feedback. So nice to have some support!

The content of the box is detailed here: http://www.europeinabox.com.au/get-the-box/

But like you many people might miss this information, so I should consider including elsewhere. Once the first box is released (mid-March), I’ll include some photos of what was inside (for now it’s a surprise because Europe in a Box is all about discovery!)

Many thanks,
    Cyndie

Hi Cyndie

I went back and had another look. What threw me is that the ‘get the box’ button looked like a header, with the two items beneath it as the links.

As a prospect, I’d like to know more detail about what I’d be getting. Your idea of ‘past boxes’ would address this point perfectly. For now, you might consider listing the details of the current box so that prospects would know exactly what they are getting.

James

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.