Home – New Forums Other discussions Ever had a voice and were unsure how to deliver the message?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    LucasArthur
    Participant
    • Total posts: 3,171
    Up
    ::

So,

Here is yet another slightly off centre query or thought…

Was curious if anyone here has had an inner voice, something they know they are good at or able to share with others, and yet was unsure of the medium or best way in order to share this voice?

I am more referring to how to extract the information that you know you know and yet are struggling to actually extract the information in such a way that it is beneficial to another.

This could be a personal or business application, thus posting here, and i am fairly certain it will be a brave regular that thinks about this and replies.. be it to add value or to add humour, either way.. i await :)

Look forward to your thoughts..

Jason

Jason Ramage | Lucas Arthur Pty Ltd | E: [email protected]   P: 61 3 8324 0344    M: 61 412 244 888
    Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Jason, I’m intrigued to know more about what’s prompted you to ask this question!

I think it’s a common experience though… will be interested to read the replies :)

Love your work,
    Jayne

Lindz
    • Total posts: 254
    Up

Whoooo Jason,

I love the way you just put yourself out there. There are a few folk around here who inspire me with their generosity and openness and mate you are right up there.

And insightful too because yes I am resisting the temptation to make funnies.:)

Serious now.

Is this about, “I know there’s something good in there but I just can’t conceptualise it to the point where I can pull it out?

Or maybe you’re clear on the concept but uncertain about how much or how best to present to a particular audience?

Thinking about it another way, are you looking for the best way to extract said knowledge, package said knowledge or present said knowledge?

Now. Have you heard the one about…….Nah, better not.:p

All best,

Lindsay

MissSassy
    • Total posts: 1,255
    Up

Hi Jason

I think it is called an AA meeting hence the second A anonymous!

Seriously though – Blogging is great for this and you can do it under your own or another persona, should your identity need to be hidden.

People who resonate with your knowledge or information can follow and learn :)

Dave Gillen – Former FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 2,566
    Up

Hi Jason,

Ok so you have knowledge/experience/shareable info.

But you’re “struggling to actually extract the information in such a way that it is beneficial to another.”

I think for it to be beneficial (for anyone to care) your info or experience should be able to help take someone form one point (A) to another (B). Rather than info, people want to have something or be somewhere that they’re currently not. This could be a large journey, or one small step within a larger journey, and you most likely made this step yourself once (or many times).

Once you’ve identified this trip from A to B, you can answer your other question (which format) by thinking of how you can best get your customer from A to B. It may be blogging, or workshops, or a high-priced service, but instead of guessing you do what works for your customer and for the task at hand.

Apologies for the generic advice with A’s and B’s but perhaps you can see your own ideas within this kind of framework.

Dave

Burgo
    Participant
    • Total posts: 2,104
    Up

How about the A to Z guide
    So you have or think you have something inside that wants to come out.
    No, No I didn’t mean for you to come out but that which is inside you.
    Oh is this getting better or worser.
    What you are seeking is a Devils Advocate. I had an accountant that I would run ideas or thoughts by and he would either yea or nae or is it neigh as he owned race horses.
    However you should allow your heart to open up and spit it out, leave your mind in neutral and see what happens.
    Its best to do this with someone who you trust and admire, they will listen and may not comment until you have finished they may even jump in mid way.
    So don’t hold back just do it…….

LucasArthur
    Participant
    Up
    FS Concierge, post: 191387 wrote:
    Jason, I’m intrigued to know more about what’s prompted you to ask this question!

I think it’s a common experience though… will be interested to read the replies :)

Love your work,
    Jayne

Howdy Jayne :)

Sorry i have been on the run from the police since i posted this topic, so have been a little busy.. Nah joking, maybe ;)

The question/post was prompted by conversations i have recently had with other FS and smaller business operators, some wanting to get into business but unsure how and to be honest from my inner self wanting to break free of some internal thinking that places restrictions on what i feel i can or can not do and how do others pull out the courage and knowledge that they have inside and make in presentable to the real world..

Oops, too much disclosure?? LOL..

Throughout my career, both employed and self employed, i have been exposed to many people from extreme diversities and successes and this topic has always intrigued me.. I believe that EVERYONE has something in them that could be shared, and yet only a very small percentile deploy this expertise. For me, i am curious if it is confidence or just the ability to extract the information and make the ‘noise’ dilute so the message is clear that differentiates between those that do explore this internal talent or not..

Would love more plies though…

Cheers
    Jason

Jason Ramage | Lucas Arthur Pty Ltd | E: [email protected]   P: 61 3 8324 0344    M: 61 412 244 888
    MissSassy
    • Total posts: 1,255
    Up

OMG Jason – Why didn’t you say

This is what I do – As a counsellor and Business Adviser I extract their abilities and work out the path towards where they hope to be.

We work beyond what may be holding them back and jump in together.

LucasArthur
    Participant
    Up
    Lindz, post: 191415 wrote:
    Whoooo Jason,

I love the way you just put yourself out there. There are a few folk around here who inspire me with their generosity and openness and mate you are right up there.

And insightful too because yes I am resisting the temptation to make funnies.:)

Serious now.

Is this about, “I know there’s something good in there but I just can’t conceptualise it to the point where I can pull it out?

Or maybe you’re clear on the concept but uncertain about how much or how best to present to a particular audience?

Thinking about it another way, are you looking for the best way to extract said knowledge, package said knowledge or present said knowledge?

Now. Have you heard the one about…….Nah, better not.:p

All best,

Lindsay

Hey Lindsay,

Re your opening line.. the first sentence scared me, although your compliment made it make a little more sense ;).. rarely do i say thank you for such compliments, but from you it does carry a bit of merit.. so THANK YOU mate.. appreciate it..

Re funnies, go for it.. i am here, always for a laugh… love humour, love insight, love brainsharing…

My question is more about ‘i know there’s something good in there…….. where i can pull it out?” (oh man, jokes running wild in my head about that truncated line :o)….

It is sort of like (and i am just using an example)…
    Example:
    Jeez i really making quilts, i am so good at it i would love to share my knowledge with the world.. maybe i should write a book about quilting, but i am not sure what to write because i, well just know how to make them.. it might be difficult for me to explain or articulate each step because i do it by instinct cos i have been doing it so long now

It is purely a question about bridging the gap between said knowledge and then extracting said knowledge so it is presentable…

Now.. Have you heard the one about.. lol

Cheers
    Jason

LucasArthur
    Participant
    Up
    MissSassy, post: 191420 wrote:
    Hi Jason

I think it is called an AA meeting hence the second A anonymous!

Seriously though – Blogging is great for this and you can do it under your own or another persona, should your identity need to be hidden.

People who resonate with your knowledge or information can follow and learn :)

Hi Kelly,

AA, i have a life time membership at several of those ;)

Must say, i like the idea of blogging although i am not sure it gets to the crux of my concern.. To blog means you have something to say and are able to actually say it, what if you have the knowledge and yet dont know how to say it.. or say it in such a way that it is concise and read worthy?

Funny, talking about concise.. sounds like my OP here wasnt too concise.. oops..

Cheers
    Jason

LucasArthur
    Participant
    Up
    FS Forum Support, post: 191453 wrote:
    Hi Jason,

Ok so you have knowledge/experience/shareable info.

But you’re “struggling to actually extract the information in such a way that it is beneficial to another.”

I think for it to be beneficial (for anyone to care) your info or experience should be able to help take someone form one point (A) to another (B). Rather than info, people want to have something or be somewhere that they’re currently not. This could be a large journey, or one small step within a larger journey, and you most likely made this step yourself once (or many times).

Once you’ve identified this trip from A to B, you can answer your other question (which format) by thinking of how you can best get your customer from A to B. It may be blogging, or workshops, or a high-priced service, but instead of guessing you do what works for your customer and for the task at hand.

Apologies for the generic advice with A’s and B’s but perhaps you can see your own ideas within this kind of framework.

Dave

Hi Dave,

Please do not apologise AT ALL.. for me the simple approach with generic labels has always worked well with me.. i like A’s and B’s, with ability to slot my own agenda into them :)

Your process is awesome, its one i have used for years in Management.. Although our approach was more about identifying the “GAP” between what is wanted and what is currently available and filling that gap…

Although this is what comes after what i am trying to understand.. Its more about someone that has the understanding of what the journey is and the knowledge needed to fill that journey, although has difficulties in pulling that knowledge to the fore…

But really, THANKS HEAPS as i really enjoyed reading the reply and has sent me off on another tangent to work with on something else..

Cheers
    Jason

LucasArthur
    Participant
    Up
    Burgo, post: 191490 wrote:
    How about the A to Z guide
    So you have or think you have something inside that wants to come out.
    No, No I didn’t mean for you to come out but that which is inside you.
    Oh is this getting better or worser.
    What you are seeking is a Devils Advocate. I had an accountant that I would run ideas or thoughts by and he would either yea or nae or is it neigh as he owned race horses.
    However you should allow your heart to open up and spit it out, leave your mind in neutral and see what happens.
    Its best to do this with someone who you trust and admire, they will listen and may not comment until you have finished they may even jump in mid way.
    So don’t hold back just do it…….

Burgo,

Thanks for the advice, but i do not need to ‘come’ out yet.. LOL.. man, i can always rely on those few to put humour to posts and i have replied to y’all here already.. LOL..

Its great you have a devils advocate, this impartial advice is so darn important that i whole heartedly agree with you.. something i have worked with for years, being able to relinquish a cherished idea to someone that may be wielding a samurai sword who will chop you to bits.. Takes a brave person… Actually on that, this is one thing i find funny in the forums (FS) when people want advice although they offer a very generic overview of the business and when the advice comes back they become all defensive that their idea was hacked at… mmmmm… sort of defeats the purpose? although listening to the words of a wise man such as Burgo, Lindsay, Dave or even a lovely lady like Jayne is extremely refreshing…

Moving on, got a tad distracted.. again…

This devils advocate approach is great, although it is the lead up to the point where once the DA says.. GREAT IDEA, you should do it or yes your knowledge is super you should help others.. Its at this point, the tipping point, whereby someone then has to be able to articulate or extract said knowledge and use it that is something that intrigues me…

But your final words… Nike have one of the best slogans dont they, its great hearing you say that little bit at the front of it though and i think many in this forum could achieve much by that simple sentence… So don’t hold back just do it…….

Thanks Burgo

Jason

Divert To Mobile
    • Total posts: 2,751
    Up

Hi Jason,

An intriguing post, its comforting that philosophy is not dead in the world.

Im not sure what your asking exactly but to me the closest I could guess to simplify your topic is “how does one express his potential to the world”
    Please correct me if Im wrong lest I philosophise needlessly.

Steve

Burgo
    Participant
    • Total posts: 2,104
    Up

Thanks Jason
    As you age your more inclined to say things as you feel no holding back
    Sometime you say something that may actually help another person.
    For someone wanting to have their own business they have to want that business. Helping someone to start their own business is very rewarding. My first question would be is ” how much do you want your own business?”
    “Whats the first thing you think of when you wake in the morning” then take it from there ok you will need an ABN
    and so on then you can talk about how and what you believe is the right way to go, talk in every day language don’t make it too difficult for your self and the other person

LucasArthur
    Participant
    Up
    Divert To Mobile, post: 191805 wrote:
    Hi Jason,

An intriguing post, its comforting that philosophy is not dead in the world.

Im not sure what your asking exactly but to me the closest I could guess to simplify your topic is “how does one express his potential to the world”
    Please correct me if Im wrong lest I philosophise needlessly.

Steve

STEVE,

How are you mate?????

Love your opening line… philosophy…. mmm, not quite sure i could be cast into that elusive category, although… LOL

Yeah “how does one express his potential in the world” is sort of on the nose although it is more about someone that may inherently be aware that what THEY DO KNOW is great and can help and they want to share, although at the point of when they need to put it on paper (or whatever medium is suitable) it is a struggle… How does one extract it into a tangible commodity?

Maybe, and great seeing you mate.. aint seen you in a while.

Cheers
    Jason

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.