Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Excess Stock

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    LBTKids
    • Total posts: 3
    Up
    ::

I am looking for new ideas on where to sell my ‘old’ excess stock. The items are from the previous two summer seasons.
    It is clothing for girls and boys in the TWEEN age group (6-14 years)
    I have already tried Ebay, Brands Exclusive, Mumgo, BuyInvite. I have discounted on my own website, I had a ‘garage sale. Facebook sales.
    I have also done many kids markets.

So now I am trying to find excess buyers or a new idea.
    I am not keen to try Grey’s Online as the cost seems very high.
    I have approx 3200 pieces. As much as I would like to make a profit, at this stage I just looking to cover my costs, or very min loss.

The only thing I have not done, which is a market stall at Paddy’s Markets or the like.

Any suggestions on what to do next, would be much appreciated.
    Thanks in advance :)

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi LBTKids,

Welcome to the forum, and apologies that your first post got held up in our moderation queue for a while there :o.

Fingers crossed some of our resident experts can offer some ideas that you haven’t already tried.

Good luck with it all,
    Jayne

ShawnG
    • Total posts: 8
    Up

Not sure if you are in NSW.
    However, having a chat to Parklea Markets or stalls in Parklea Markets to see whether or not they would be interested in taking on your clothes is a decent idea.

Same goes with Paddys Markets.

QiQ
    • Total posts: 13
    Up

Have you tried Gumtree? It can be a low cost way of advertising.

Little Birdie Marketing
    • Total posts: 32
    Up

Hi LBT Kids

I had a look at your website and the products that you have on sale. I am in your target market as I have a ‘tween’ and I have to say that the product imagery is letting you down. The descriptions of each piece is light on too.

For 3200 pieces, I would re-shoot the stock so your customers can get a better sense of the style and fit. This doesn’t have to be done by a professional photographer but maybe with a little creativity you can get these pieces sold!

Maybe in the description also mention what size the model is wearing in the product photo’s as this will give us Mum’s a better gauge of the sizing.

Just some thoughts.

LBTKids
    Up

Thanks Kellie.

LBTKids
    Up
    QiQ, post: 198416 wrote:
    Have you tried Gumtree? It can be a low cost way of advertising.

I have thanks.

esseeayen
    • Total posts: 1
    Up

Out of curiosity if you did your own sale did you try and post it on ozbargain.com.au? You may get good results from there if you’re selling it at a much lower price point than normal.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.