Home – New Forums Starting your journey Expert advice needed-dealing with suppliers in fashion business

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    K M
    • Total posts: 22
    Up
    ::

Hi all,

I am in the process of finalising my business plan, financial plan, and market research to open an online children’s clothing boutique. This is something I have wanted to do for the last 5 and a half years and I am finally getting this show on the road. I am highly passionate about my business idea, the industry and the reality of starting my own business. I have read the flying solo book, along with many other books, I have had business mentoring through my local BEC and have done a lot of other research to better my skills and knowledge in this field.

If there is anyone out there who has experience in the fashion industry and working with suppliers, I would LOVE if you could send me a private message. Contacting the suppliers which I hope to work with, is something I am quite scared of doing. I am expecting that some of them will reject my request to stock their label, so if there is anything at all I can do to better my chances as a beginner I would love to know. I just have a few questions and concerns I wish to discuss, so if there is anyone at all who could help a newby out, please let me know.

=D

Kristy

Melanie Miller Biz Coach
    • Total posts: 90
    Up

Hi Kristy,

Not sure if I can help or not but I will try. I have experience in high end homewares wholesale which is not dissimilar to fashion and in coaching wholesale kids wear. I know a few of the tricks that may help you out.

[email protected]

Melanie
    Agent 99 Business Coaching
    http://www.agent99hq.com.au

K M
    • Total posts: 22
    Up

Thanks so much Melanie, I just sent you an email.

Cheers =)

Chris – Marketing
    • Total posts: 162
    Up

Hi
    I manufactured for Rivers, NBL, AND1, Under Licence for CUB (VB etc..) and AFL some yrs back….

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.