Home – New Forums Logistics Export Enquiries

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Foody
    • Total posts: 9
    Up
    ::

I get a number of enquiries about supplying our product to shops around Australia, but today I received one from an international company.

There are a number of things that make me suspicious about this email. Would you reply with your wholesale list if your received this?

We are interested in purchasing your products and we sincerely hope to establish a long-term business relationship with your
    esteemed company.

Tantawi Mekky Benin Sarl, Is a private liability company specialized in the field of import – export and General Merchandise, Established in the year 2008 and we focused on the import and export a wide range of high quality products to the rest of the world markets and our goal is to provide utmost satisfaction and deliver total trust to our clients here.

Meanwhile, Our Company Tantawi Mekky Benin Sarl, is one of the large-scale importer and distributors of all kinds of FOODS
    AND BEVERAGES PRODUCTS such as Agriculture Corps, Supplements,Beefs, Canned Foods, Alcoholic Drinks & Non Alcoholic drinks, Seafoods, Wines, Confectionerys, Biscuts, Candy, champagne, Bakeries, Spirits, Dairy Foods, Soft Drinks, Tomatoes, Liquior, Foods,chocolates, Coffee, Tea, Coffee, Nutrition,Cigars, Energy drinks, Fruits, Beer, Mineral water, Juices etc, So we are very much willing and ready to purchase from you for our sellings here in Benin Republic markets.

So, We kindly and anxiously want you to send us your full products export list with best prices and your Latest Catalog for our study as we will proceed immediately. Also inform us about the Minimum Order Quantity, Delivery time and payment terms warranty.

Your early reply is highly appreciated.

Looking forward to hearing from you soonest.

Thanks.

Yours Sincerely!

Contacting Person: Mr. Tantawi Mekky (Director)
    TANTAWIMEKKY BENIN SARL.
    C/22009 Semepodjie ZKJ Avenu,08 Zone, cotonou
    Benin Republic, West Africa.
    Tel/fax: +229-99873402
    E-mail: [email protected]
    E-mail: [email protected]
    Mailto: [email protected]

Johny
    • Total posts: 840
    Up

Ha, its been a while since I have received one of these.

You can be 100% sure that any request like this coming from Benin is the initial stage of a scam.

Chris H
    • Total posts: 111
    Up

Hi Foody,

It never hurts to indulge these types of emails if you are unsure, you will see by their second email whether they are angling for you to pay money to them for some reason.
    This email in particular screams scam when someone has three free email addresses. I would think that any company of substance would have their own registered domain and webpage.

Good luck,

Chris

MH08
    • Total posts: 284
    Up

I stopped reading at “Dear Sirs,”

These scam emails are so easy to spot.

Just reply back to them with another scam email that you received.

Cat – GLC
    • Total posts: 440
    Up

I also tend to stop reading at Dear Sirs, especially because I am not a Sir :D

But it doesn’t hurt to send an email back and see what the next response is that you get. I wouldn’t be spending any time on it though.

Cheers

Cat :)

Johny
    • Total posts: 840
    Up

But it doesn’t hurt to send an email back and see what the next response is that you get.

You need to be a bit careful with that.

As unsophisticated as some of these scam are, replying tells them that the email account is active. Next thing you are getting these types of requests regularly.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.