Home – New Forums Logistics Export to NZ

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    5teve
    • Total posts: 7
    Up
    ::

HI Guys

As you are always so helpful I thought I would throw this one at you.

We have had an enquiry from a NZ based company to purchase some of our fire safety equipment. The product is easily shippable and the client has offered to organise a pick up of the goods.

The main issue I have (as an export virgin) is what do I need to do to export products, I have read about certificated of origin, documentation required etc, but no definitive, you need A,B and C off you go.

Does anyone have any specific advice on shipping non dangerous goods into NZ?

I assume that there is no GST charged also?

Thanks in advance

Steve

Cat – GLC
    • Total posts: 440
    Up

Hi Steve,

Great to hear you are having enquiries from overseas.

There is no definitive answer on what documentation you will require as it will depend on the items your are sending across (as they may need specific documentation requirements).

You are correct that there is no GST on your end as it is an export. But once again depending on the specifics of the item there will be duty and GST payable once it reaches NZ.

We (Australia) do have a Free Trade Agreement with NZ so your client may be able to avoid the duty component if your goods comply with the AANZFTA (ASEAN-Australia-New Zealand Free Trade Area).

I hope this info sheds a little bit of light into exporting to NZ.

Cheers

Cat :)

5teve
    • Total posts: 7
    Up
    Cat – GLC, post: 181004 wrote:
    Hi Steve,

Great to hear you are having enquiries from overseas.

There is no definitive answer on what documentation you will require as it will depend on the items your are sending across (as they may need specific documentation requirements).

You are correct that there is no GST on your end as it is an export. But once again depending on the specifics of the item there will be duty and GST payable once it reaches NZ.

We (Australia) do have a Free Trade Agreement with NZ so your client may be able to avoid the duty component if your goods comply with the AANZFTA (ASEAN-Australia-New Zealand Free Trade Area).

I hope this info sheds a little bit of light into exporting to NZ.

Cheers

Thanks Cat

The Product are just firefighting backpacks made from plastic and metal, non pressurised and containing no fluid (until they are filled by the user) I have been trying to find the list of products etc for the classification but am having no joy.

I’m just concerned that I am going to get snowed under with paperwork and additional costs after quoting a competitive price.

Regarding Certificates of origin, do these cost to get produced?

Thanks

Steve

Petemac
    • Total posts: 171
    Up

Hi Steve, are the packs fully made in Australia? What type of quantity do you need to send to NZ?

GST in NZ is currently 15%

http://www.customs.govt.nz/features/charges/feetypes/Pages/default.aspx

Cheers

Pete

Cat – GLC
    • Total posts: 440
    Up
    5teve, post: 181023 wrote:
    Thanks Cat

Regarding Certificates of origin, do these cost to get produced?

Thanks

Steve

Here is a helpful site in regards to Certificate of Origin if required.

Cheers

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.