• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Milu Beauty
    • Total posts: 1
    Up
    ::

Hi all, We are a small Melbourne cosmetics company and have been approached by companies in Paris and London for some exciting large orders. We are now after some recommendations for freight companies that are competitively priced and will be able to help with custom enquiries etc. Any ideas welcome!
    Thank you

Cat – GLC
    • Total posts: 440
    Up

Hi Milu Beauty,

That is fantastic news that you have been approached by buyers overseas. You must have some great products.

If you need a little guidance with the exporting feel free to shoot us an email with a bit more info and we would be glad to point you in the right direction or help out if we can.

Cheers

Cat :)

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi Milu,

Congratulations! That’s so exciting! :)

All the best with your expansion, and thank you for joining the forum.

Jayne

Johny
    • Total posts: 840
    Up

A word of caution. Not meant to put a dampener on your excitement but a real world comment from someone who has seen people get hurt severely.

There are many examples of people receiving large order requests, even when the intended buyer has never even sampled the product. They provide copies of contracts showing they intend to buy large $$ amounts or large quantities of product. (You have to ask yourself this: Why would a company be buying large orders without having tested their market with a smaller order first?)

The intention is to try and defraud you of either your products or get you to visit them to finalise an order and con you in some way. They prey on the inexperienced, relying on them seeing the large potential opportunity.

I am in no way suggesting this is the case here, and am only commenting as you mention you are new to this. So all I am saying is to be cautious and make sure you are completely satisfied the offer is legitimate before parting with any money or product.

I don’t wish to put you off as I think it is great when a company gets the oppotunity to grow and expand so I wish you well and hope it all works out.

Past-Member
    • Total posts: 1,815
    Up

Hi and welcome to FS.

I suggest you contact Austrade and have a chat with them.

http://www.austrade.gov.au/export

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.