Home – New Forums Logistics Exporting via Australia Post

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    FaultyBoomerang
    • Total posts: 2
    Up
    ::

Hello,

I’ve tried searching the forums but can’t find specifically what I am after, and unfortunately Australia Post are closed on the weekend, though I will try contacting them Monday.
    Also I’ve tried googling but havn’t had much luck with answers. I’m not sure if I am a bit stressed and googling the wrong things, but most information out there seems to be geared towards importing to any specified country as if I were located there, rather than exporting from Australia.

So that was long winded.

I’m after information about what type of documentation I need to attach to any orders going via Australia Post Airmail. So far I belive I need to attach an AWB (Air Way Bill).
    I’m exporting BBQ speciality spices, purchased directly from my online store. Most of my customers are in Australia but I’ve had an order from overseas which I didn’t give much thought to when setting up the store, but now realise there’s actually probably a bunch of red tape.

I did work in an import/export/retail business about 10 years ago in NZ, and remember there were various carbon copy forms we had to attach to mailed orders but obviously that’s a different country, and my memory is fuzzy about exactly what went on them.

Where would be able to give me advice on this?
    Would Australia Post help me out and give me the right declaration forms? I tried their website but there’s nothing there.

I don’t want to deal with any kind of export broker. It’s all small retail amounts going by Air Mail, not pallet loads.

Dave Gillen – Former FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 2,566
    Up

Hi there,

Don’t know much about postal stuff. But I do know that we’re glad to have you aboard the forums!

Good luck and hope to see you around. :)

Dave

ExecAccess
    • Total posts: 229
    Up

Given your’s is a “food” product I don’t know what the rules are. And they may differ depending on the country you’re sending to.

Most of our business is Australia based and is not food based. For overseas we limit the countries that can shop online on our store to ones that are serviced by Australia Post’s pack-n-track service. USA, Canada, New Zealand and UK (to a maximum weight of 2kg). Australia Post has specific carbonised forms that you fill out and the post office then completes their section and attaches it to the package.

Any enquiries we receive from other countries or for items over 2kg are handled individually and we use Australia Post’s international registered post for these. Again they have carbonised forms.

FaultyBoomerang
    • Total posts: 2
    Up

Thanks, I’ll go down to the post office and see what they say

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.