Home Forums Face-to-face meetups & events Expresions of Interest-Brisbane Southside Flying Solo Group

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 99 total)
  • Author
    Donna – MYOB Bookkeeper
    • Total posts: 22

Hello,

I am a Brisbane southside based bookkeeper keen to be involved with regular meetings with like minded businesses on this side of town.

My goal is to have a network of soloists to talk to. I tire of online webinars and would like the inspiration of others. Bookkeepers are notorious introverts but I value the opinions of others- I have 15 years experience to share but love other perspectives. Juggling family and work drives me insane and truthfully I have lost the fight.

So if you work from home on the Southside and would love to be part of a group but not too keen too organise meetings, then this is the group for you (& me). I am happy to host meetings at my home office initially so we have a venue and can organise some refreshments if you are interested.

I would like to hear from you,

Donna Alleman
    Business in Mind – Professional MYOB Bookkeepers………
    donna@businessinmind.com.au

Redlands Accounting
    • Total posts: 53

Hi Donna

Where abouts southside are you. I am down in Wellington Point (near Cleveland) and have just moved into the area. I worked several years as an independent bookkeeper before moving into the tax side of things. I find the relationship between a clients bookkeeper and accountant extremely important to keep things running smoothly. Dont know many people over this side of the country so would definitely be interested in meet ups (once kids are in school) and netwroking. PM me.

Helen

Donna – MYOB Bookkeeper
    • Total posts: 22

Hi Helen, I am keen. I have a couple of clients at Capalaba and Ransome so could consider a meet up half way. No other takers yet so perhaps need to leave it 30 days before we make a decision. Is that ok with you?
    Donna

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464

Hi Donna and Helen,

Thanks for kicking this off. I’ve added this thread to our general Queensland expressions of interest thread (http://www.flyingsolo.com.au/forums/qld/9419-expressions-interest-qld-meet-up-groups.html), and we’ll also give it a plug on Facebook and Twitter for you.

Hope you meet lots of fine folk!
    Jayne

Global Kids Oz
    • Total posts: 1

Hi JJ here, from Global Kids Oz, I am keen to meetup, I am in Cleveland so am keen to meet with other like minded people, share inspiration, ideas, strategies and network.

Cheers JJ culture@globalkidsoz.com.au
    http://www.globalkidsoz.com.au

Pauline
    • Total posts: 11

Hiya, I’m just in the start-up phase of my business (building biology) and I’d love to meet with others, I’m in Ipswich… but happy to travel a bit. :-)
    Pauline

Lorelle
    • Total posts: 10

Hi I’m just outside Ipswich and would like to connect on this side of Brisbane

Phantom458
    • Total posts: 6

Hi

I am from Ormeau so would be happy to meet halfway somewhere.

I have an OHS Consulting business and an online Luxury Beauty Store business and love meeting with new people.

Look forward to hearing the date and time of the first meeting.

Donna

Karen Howes
    • Total posts: 18

Hi all,

I’m a dressmaker at Shailer Park, & would love some non-client human contact time!

I was considering going further, like Brisbane CBD or heading down to the Gold Coast, so anywhere in the middle is nice.

:)
    Karen

propamedia
    • Total posts: 40

Hi everyone, I’m not South side, closer to the city really but would be interested in coming along regardless. A coffee and a chat with other soloists would be a welcome break.

Mike

sunmoon
    • Total posts: 2

Hello
    I’d be interested to meet other business owners flying solo once kids are back at school next week. Anywhere in the Bayside or south of Brisbane areas is fine with me.

AdvancedPetSitting
    • Total posts: 357

I am also on the Southside and would love to meet other like-minded people. Connecting online is all well and good but everyoe needs the human interaction with other business owners every now and then.

Wildcat
    • Total posts: 12

Hi all

I’m a Capalaba based web designer/graphic designer and I would very much enjoy a regular meet-up with other soloists in my area. I’m happy to travel anywhere on Brisbane southside for a meet-up to share ideas.

Cathy

TPBS
    • Total posts: 1

Hello,

I am also interested in meeting up with you all, I’m at Redland Bay. I provide marketing and administration services to small businesses.

Would love to catch up for a chat over coffee.

Thanks,
    Kim.

GregoryU
    • Total posts: 3

Hi
    I would love to meet for this. I’m at Sunnybank and my business helps other businesses to improve their processes and systems.
    Gregory

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 99 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.