Home – New Forums Face-to-face meetups & events Expresions of Interest-Brisbane Southside Flying Solo Group

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 99 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #1050145
    interAccounts
    Member
    • Total posts: 125
    Up
    0
    ::

    Hi southside soloists,

    I really enjoyed running our last meeting. Was great to see you were all interested in how to reduce your tax legally.

    I don’t want to interrupt Donna and her presentation tomorrow, so thought it best to post here to keep you all updated. After 3 months of waiting, I’ve received my tax licence so I’m now fully operational. Fortunately I didn’t need to wait the full 6 months.

    Looking forward to meeting you all tomorrow.

    Cheers,
    Beth
    interAccounts Pty Ltd

    #1050146
    aprbookkeeping
    Member
    • Total posts: 23
    Up
    0
    ::

    Hi Donna

    I am in Beenleigh and can meet up on a weekend. Would love to share the experience of others.

    Regards

    Sue Bruen
    0406455589

    #1050147
    Donna – MYOB Bookkeeper
    Member
    • Total posts: 22
    Up
    0
    ::

    Re: Expressions of Interest-Brisbane Southside Flying Solo Group

    Hello fellow southside soloists,

    I trust you are enjoying the meetings and getting all that you want from our get togethers. If not, please send an email to express your idea and it can probably be incorporated.
    Todate our agenda has focussed on finance however future topics broaden into marketing, employment issues and customer service.
    New members are always welcome. And feel free to bring a colleague who might be interested in a specific topic.

    Our 2011 calendar of events is

    Thurs 25 Aug Speaker: Linh Nghi from Capital Rise on Finance

    Thurs 22 Sept Speaker: Carl Quested from AgentMail on Marketing your business

    Thurs 20 Oct Speaker: Brooklin Charlton from C2C Employment Relations on FairWork

    Thurs 17 Nov Speaker: Debra Dane from Home Life Simplified on Customer Service_ Top tips to remember

    Venue: 83 Plimsoll St Greenslopes Time: 10am – 12noon

    Please rsvp to [email protected] a couple of days before.

    Thank-you,

    Donna

    #1050148
    Donna – MYOB Bookkeeper
    Member
    • Total posts: 22
    Up
    0
    ::

    Re: Expressions of Interest-Brisbane Southside Flying Solo Group

    aprbookkeeping, post: 82693 wrote:
    Hi Donna

    I am in Beenleigh and can meet up on a weekend. Would love to share the experience of others.

    Regards

    Sue Bruen
    0406455589

    Hi Sue,

    We usually meet on work days sadly so for the moment weekends are out (weekends are saved for the family)- perhaps you could check out one of the other groups or start up a Logan get together. From my own perspective, organising the event has been easy (as long as people come) and I set the date and time to suit my own diary. The material volunteered by our members has been valuable and I have met some really dedicated soloists. So, take the plunge or come to one of our meetings. You may be surprised at what you receive. Donna
    [email protected]

    #1050149
    @HeatherSmithAU
    Member
    • Total posts: 525
    Up
    0
    ::

    Flying Soloists – South Brisbane Institute of Certified Bookkeepers Network Meeting

    Hi,

    It is Heather Smith here – I am a long time monthly writer with Flying Solo.

    I facilitate the South Brisbane Institute of Certified Bookkeepers Network Meeting

    I know many flying soloists are also bookkeepers.

    The next meeting is 1 August, 2011 Meeting

    Online registration required – Please click here to register.
    http://www.icb.org.au/Shop/Event/Brisbane_Sth_Network_Meeting

    Please come to find out more about the Institute of Certified Bookkeepers (ICB).

    The purpose of the meeting is to chat about “everything bookkeeping” including topics from the recent ICB newsletter in the finer details.

    At our last meeting we discussed the benefits of micro-billing; you know when a client contacts you and you of course help them, but it only takes up 15 minutes, so you think it is hardly worth charging them, and you generously let it slide. We calculated that if we missed billing a single client for 15 minutes every work day we would miss out on an additional $3737.5 income a year. Now if you help two clients with two little issues every day for the course of a 30 year business, you could make an additional $224 000! Remember to record and bill clients for all the support you give them, not just the on-site work

    Agenda:
    Additional items proposed at the last meeting
    – Developing a relief network
    – Developing a referral network
    When the accountant says to claim the expense
    – am I allowed to
    – what about the GST impact?
    When I see something being done wrong
    – what am I obligated to do?
    Personal Property Security register
    – when does your client need to register secured assets
    – when would you sue the register
    How do you increase your charge rate?
    Proving the ATO are who they say they are – Proof of identity part 2
    What does the new GST Tax invoice ruling say & what might it mean?

    When:
    1 August 2011 – 9.00 am
    Where:
    Cafe Dezire
    Junction Road
    Morningside
    (in the Coles Shopping complex)

    [Jayne – hope this posting is OK – pull it if you have issues with it]

    #1050150
    Anonymous
    Guest
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up
    0
    ::

    Re: Flying Soloists – South Brisbane Institute of Certified Bookkeepers Network Meeti

    @HeatherSmithAU, post: 83629 wrote:
    Jayne – hope this posting is OK – pull it if you have issues with it

    Perfectly okay Heather, and thanks for asking. :)

    You may also like to post about it in the Networking Events section of the forum.

    Cheers
    Jayne

    #1050151
    Donna – MYOB Bookkeeper
    Member
    • Total posts: 22
    Up
    0
    ::

    Re: Flying Soloists – South Brisbane Institute of Certified Bookkeepers Network Meeti

    Hi Heather,

    I received an invitation to your ICB meeting just yesterday and am deciding if I can fit it into my schedule. Thanks for letting us know.
    Donna

    @HeatherSmithAU, post: 83629 wrote:
    Hi,

    It is Heather Smith here – I am a long time monthly writer with Flying Solo.

    I facilitate the South Brisbane Institute of Certified Bookkeepers Network Meeting

    I know many flying soloists are also bookkeepers.

    The next meeting is 1 August, 2011 Meeting

    Online registration required – Please click here to register.
    http://www.icb.org.au/Shop/Event/Brisbane_Sth_Network_Meeting

    Please come to find out more about the Institute of Certified Bookkeepers (ICB).

    The purpose of the meeting is to chat about “everything bookkeeping” including topics from the recent ICB newsletter in the finer details.

    At our last meeting we discussed the benefits of micro-billing; you know when a client contacts you and you of course help them, but it only takes up 15 minutes, so you think it is hardly worth charging them, and you generously let it slide. We calculated that if we missed billing a single client for 15 minutes every work day we would miss out on an additional $3737.5 income a year. Now if you help two clients with two little issues every day for the course of a 30 year business, you could make an additional $224 000! Remember to record and bill clients for all the support you give them, not just the on-site work

    Agenda:
    Additional items proposed at the last meeting
    – Developing a relief network
    – Developing a referral network
    When the accountant says to claim the expense
    – am I allowed to
    – what about the GST impact?
    When I see something being done wrong
    – what am I obligated to do?
    Personal Property Security register
    – when does your client need to register secured assets
    – when would you sue the register
    How do you increase your charge rate?
    Proving the ATO are who they say they are – Proof of identity part 2
    What does the new GST Tax invoice ruling say & what might it mean?

    When:
    1 August 2011 – 9.00 am
    Where:
    Cafe Dezire
    Junction Road
    Morningside
    (in the Coles Shopping complex)

    [Jayne – hope this posting is OK – pull it if you have issues with it]

    #1050152
    Kt
    Member
    • Total posts: 2
    Up
    0
    ::

    Hi Donna,

    We are located in Capalaba and are a fairly new business. Definitely keen on meeting other small business owners and sharing products/services so that we can help eachother out. Would definitely be interested in informal meet ups on this side of town with others who have similar goals. Would like to be a part of this if you go ahead.

    Katie King (Training and Customer Relations Manager – Molix Software) [email protected]

    Donna – MYOB Bookkeeper, post: 61727 wrote:
    Hello,

    I am a Brisbane southside based bookkeeper keen to be involved with regular meetings with like minded businesses on this side of town.

    My goal is to have a network of soloists to talk to. I tire of online webinars and would like the inspiration of others. Bookkeepers are notorious introverts but I value the opinions of others- I have 15 years experience to share but love other perspectives. Juggling family and work drives me insane and truthfully I have lost the fight.

    So if you work from home on the Southside and would love to be part of a group but not too keen too organise meetings, then this is the group for you (& me). I am happy to host meetings at my home office initially so we have a venue and can organise some refreshments if you are interested.

    I would like to hear from you,

    Donna Alleman
    Business in Mind – Professional MYOB Bookkeepers………
    [email protected]

    #1050153
    aprbookkeeping
    Member
    • Total posts: 23
    Up
    0
    ::

    Hi Donna, sounds great you can pencil me in. I am operating around the Beenleigh area and would love to take part simply because, small business owners in today’s fast paced world either don’t look at their financial situation often enough or they don’t understand the consequences of what they are reading. I founded APR Bookkeeping to assist businesses to grow and understand financial information they receive APR provides information relevant to small and medium businesses I have over 20 years experience in the field of Accounting and I hold all the qualifications required by legislation

    #1050154
    Donna – MYOB Bookkeeper
    Member
    • Total posts: 22
    Up
    0
    ::
    aprbookkeeping, post: 86060 wrote:
    Hi Donna, sounds great you can pencil me in. I am operating around the Beenleigh area and would love to take part simply because, small business owners in today’s fast paced world either don’t look at their financial situation often enough or they don’t understand the consequences of what they are reading. I founded APR Bookkeeping to assist businesses to grow and understand financial information they receive APR provides information relevant to small and medium businesses I have over 20 years experience in the field of Accounting and I hold all the qualifications required by legislation

    Hi Yes, you are speaking to the converted however. Please come along- our next meeting is 10am Thursday 28 August and the agenda item is finance.

    I look forward to meeting you shortly- if you send your email address, I can forward you the member introduction sheet- you can add yourself and read up on who else is attending.

    Cheers,

    Donna ([email protected])

    #1050155
    AgentMail
    Member
    • Total posts: 1,741
    Up
    0
    ::

    Hi Donna,

    Sorry for the late notice, but Cinderella will make it to the ball today, but he will have to leave by 12pm, before he turns back into a pumpkin, misses his next appointment and gets given the boot :)

    Look forward to seeing you all there!

    #1050156
    Deb Dane
    Member
    • Total posts: 22
    Up
    0
    ::

    Hi Donna

    I hope this last meeting was a great one – I am so sorry I missed it. I have been a tad busy and lost track of the meeting dates. Will be there with bells on to present about customer service though! I have so much to update you on!

    Deb

    #1050157
    Donna – MYOB Bookkeeper
    Member
    • Total posts: 22
    Up
    0
    ::
    Deb Dane, post: 89046 wrote:
    Hi Donna

    I hope this last meeting was a great one – I am so sorry I missed it. I have been a tad busy and lost track of the meeting dates. Will be there with bells on to present about customer service though! I have so much to update you on!

    Deb

    Hi Deb and Southside Soloists,

    All welcome to this weeks meeting presented by Carl Quested on marketing your business. This is sure to be a lively discussion.

    The schedule for the rest of the year:

    10am – 12 noon Thurs 22 Sept Speaker: Carl Quested from AgentMail on Marketing your business

    10am – 12 noon Thurs 20 Oct Speaker: Brooklin Charlton from C2C Employment Relations on FairWork

    10am – 12 noon Thurs 17 Nov Speaker: Debra Dane from Home Life Simplified on Customer Service_ Top tips to remember

    Venue: 83 Plimsoll St Greenslopes Time: 10am – 12noon

    Please rsvp to [email protected] a couple of days before.

    Thank-you,

    Donna

    #1050158
    MediaSalt
    Member
    • Total posts: 4
    Up
    0
    ::
    Donna – MYOB Bookkeeper, post: 61727 wrote:
    Hello,

    I am a Brisbane southside based bookkeeper keen to be involved with regular meetings with like minded businesses on this side of town.

    My goal is to have a network of soloists to talk to. I tire of online webinars and would like the inspiration of others. Bookkeepers are notorious introverts but I value the opinions of others- I have 15 years experience to share but love other perspectives. Juggling family and work drives me insane and truthfully I have lost the fight.

    So if you work from home on the Southside and would love to be part of a group but not too keen too organise meetings, then this is the group for you (& me). I am happy to host meetings at my home office initially so we have a venue and can organise some refreshments if you are interested.

    I would like to hear from you,

    Donna Alleman
    Business in Mind – Professional MYOB Bookkeepers………
    [email protected]

    Hi – it got a bit confusing trying to follow all the threads – did you ever get your meet up organised? I’m in Bulimba and would be keen to join up if you did?
    [email protected]

    #1050159
    Donna – MYOB Bookkeeper
    Member
    • Total posts: 22
    Up
    0
    ::

    Re: Expressions of Interest-Brisbane Southside Flying Solo Group

    Hi

    Our last meeting for 2011 is 17 November 2011 Time 10am – 12noon.

    Agenda still to be finalised.

    All welcome.

    Donna

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 99 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.