Home – New Forums Starting your journey Extra ways to earn revenue

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    shademan
    • Total posts: 12
    Up
    ::

I have some spare unused land that I have been considering approaching a billboard company to lease this part of the land for them to place a Billboard or two. I have heard of some businesses that have done this as an extra revenue raiser.
    Is there anyone out there who has done this before?

I am interested in finding out how much they might pay for this, or how much I should charge them to use my land? (I have considered doing the billboard and getting the advertising myself, but i’d rather not have to do all the extra work involved)
    I have made several phone calls to a couple of Billboard companies and the ‘quote’ seems to change on a daily basis so I would love to hear from others.
    I know it all depends on location, and a location that has 100,000 cars drive past every day would charge them more rent than one where 1000 drive past.

The area is just in a mid sized town (60,000) where particularly on weekends there would be around 10,000 that drive past.

Apart from this are there any other ideas for making a bit more cash from this unused space?

Chris’s Signs
    • Total posts: 124
    Up
    shademan, post: 98412 wrote:
    I have some spare unused land that I have been considering approaching a billboard company to lease this part of the land for them to place a Billboard or two. I have heard of some businesses that have done this as an extra revenue raiser.
    Is there anyone out there who has done this before?

I am interested in finding out how much they might pay for this, or how much I should charge them to use my land? (I have considered doing the billboard and getting the advertising myself, but i’d rather not have to do all the extra work involved)
    I have made several phone calls to a couple of Billboard companies and the ‘quote’ seems to change on a daily basis so I would love to hear from others.
    I know it all depends on location, and a location that has 100,000 cars drive past every day would charge them more rent than one where 1000 drive past.

great idea, i love it.
    where you located?
    ive been playing with the idea, but leasing the space on a wall of potential businesses…
    would be nice to know what its worth to have 2000×4000 wall space per month

Shaukat Adam Khalid
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,528
    Up

1. car boot sale
    2. create your own no perishable market
    3. lease out to circus
    4. charge for dirt bike riding

charge whatever they are willing to pay. for bill boards, don’t sign long term just yet. go for a trial. 6 months – 1 year.

prospect to companies in the city who target rural areas. talk to commercial real estate agents and ask for referrals or allow them to “lease” it on your behalf.

shademan
    • Total posts: 12
    Up
    Chris’s Signs, post: 98501 wrote:
    great idea, i love it.
    where you located?
    ive been playing with the idea, but leasing the space on a wall of potential businesses…
    would be nice to know what its worth to have 2000×4000 wall space per month

I’m in Bundaberg, Qld so a rural location. If your in a capital city and next to a major road I believe the extra money is quite handsome.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.