Home – New Forums Selling online facebook adds, worthwhile, how much and how?

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #1206102
    tutorsfield
    Member
    • Total posts: 63
    Up
    0
    ::
    heftzwecke, post: 245078, member: 88078 wrote:
    Thanks! No hardly ever click on anything sponsored unless I know the people and want to do a favour to them. My first target group is herbalists in Australia but not TAS, NT, WA.
    The first thing what annoyes me with facebook advertising that you have to choose what you want (i.e get more clicks on your website) right in the beginning and it is not one page for adds which opens.

    If you share the same set of characteristics as your target audiences, that case Facebook may not be the best way to reach them.

    Have you tried to use the “boost post” function on your page rather than going into ad manager.

    By the way, here is a screenshot of our current boost post campaign. We have tried different advertising channels, Facebook seems like is the most cost effective way to us.

    Screen-Shot-2017-02-28-at-10.43.35-AM.png

    #1206103
    Magicgoose
    Member
    • Total posts: 2
    Up
    0
    ::

    Facebook can be an extremely powerful platform. However you can also tear up a large amount of money – quickly.
    This reply is very basic in nature compared to what you can achieve with FB advertising. However it should give you a start.
    Are you an ecommerce store, do you use landing pages?
    You need to have a clear outcome of what you want to achieve. Is it B2B or B2C you are targeting?
    If you are on a tight budget boost posts for $1 /day.
    Design 4 posts and run them one after the other
    Start them at 12midnight run for 24 hours. (makes it easier to compare)
    Check the analytics, the engagement, click through, cost per click ect. ( you may need to do some research into this, otherwise this email will end being a novel)
    Then boost the most successful at higher $$ per day.

    I would set up the Facebook pixel and embed on your website. This will allow you to retarget.
    Facebook is no different to any other business transaction.
    4 Simple Steps
    Know you
    Like You
    Trust You
    Buy from you.

    The figures show that approx 2% of people will purchase 1st time you connect. This is why retargeting is so important and collecting names and email for your database is a must.
    You need to build a relationship or you need a strong sales message ( i don’t mean slimy ) just inform/educate. If your sales pitch is good, they will then decide if you have the answer to their NEEDS.
    I would suggest you
    Best of luck

    #1206104
    heftzwecke
    Member
    • Total posts: 213
    Up
    0
    ::

    What I actually do is to post links to blog documents in facebook and in forums. But I don’t do it agressively. I got a ridiculously high amount of clicks with a simple post on how to print out a scaled plan of your property. It did not really target the herb niche but the take away message is you have to write something people need and is not available elsewere.
    That is it with facebook it is quite expensive and I really think weather a paper add is better.
    What I am considering on facebook is a bit weird: I might use local adds but move the region to Canberra (I think I a locally reasonably well known and there are not so many people, people are not affluent and climate is different only 15 km downwards). Canberra has an affluent population and the climate is similar.

    #1206105
    Magicgoose
    Member
    • Total posts: 2
    Up
    0
    ::

    Hey…. just read your post.
    There are so many variables and without knowing alot about the circumstances I am open to criticism. From what you have told me
    I would be choosy in where I post, I mean I would make sure there is some relevence with my product. Otherwise You end up paying for uninterested traffic. (which is not good)
    You are correct in what you say about people wanting something of interest. Put yourself in the shoes of the purchaser. Give them what they want. If your product is good meets their desired outsome and the market is prepared to spend $$ on a solution you could have a good fit.
    Retargeting is a must it allows you to get back in front of people who have seen and clicked through to your link. (that is another conversation)
    I have attached an audience I created for Canberra, for Naturopath and Herbalism. it has an audience of 10-15k. You can create more audiences and the facebook algorithm will do alot of the hard work for you. This is a starting point, if you know your avatar intimately you should be able to target them and at least get the right type of person to see your product./offer. Your offer will need to convert so it must be good.
    Best of luck

    #1206106
    heftzwecke
    Member
    • Total posts: 213
    Up
    0
    ::

    Thanks for all the feedback! I actually came to the conclusion that doing a good facebook add is NOT easy and it is probably better for me to concentrate on follow and improving my product descriptions at the moment which is a huge job as such. However, I stumbled upon a video I don’t know what you think about it, but it basically says that there is a lot of scam with the FB adds: [MEDIA=youtube]oVfHeWTKjag[/MEDIA]

    #1206107
    El Arish Tropical Exotics
    Member
    • Total posts: 227
    Up
    0
    ::

    Ads and likes are two different things. “Likes” are pretty meaningless unless you get people to engage and ultimately buy. I look at engagement on my posts rather than page likes.
    I think you are right to focus on content before you bring people to your website. If you want to concentrate on Canberra why not write a blog article related to herbs in Canberra or container gardening with herbs in Canberra. You can pack it with links and keywords and send it to your newsletter subscribers as well as using it as your FB Ad. It will then sit there on your website driving traffic and continuing to target the Canberra herb gardeners.

    Ann

    #1206108
    Byron Trzeciak
    Participant
    • Total posts: 423
    Up
    0
    ::

    All platforms are worthwhile if you have the experience on how to use them to get results in your target market.

    Facebook is much the same. The issue is that most people assign a budget, without any form of campaign tracking, take a guess at their target customer demographics and then press the start button only to receive nothing in return.

    It’s far more complicated that that.

    With Facebook you’re targeting demographics and traits of your ideal customer. So your ability to pinpoint your customer is going to make a big difference in whether your campaign is successful or not.

    • Do most customers like gardening as a topic
    • do they following tropical gardening pages
    • are they in certain areas where these plants can survive more easily
    • What age group are they?
    • Is it more female than male?

    Ideally, you want to provide specific offers to those customer and send them to specific pages on your site. You might want to focus on your highest margin product first and just work on making that profitable first, after that use the same strategies to advertise additional products. Trying to do everything at once will likely fail.

    You might also try using a pdf / ebook on a guide to gardening with tropical plants and use that in exchange for an email address that you can remarket to over time.

    The big issue with your site in it’s current form is that I find it overwhelming, I don’t know exactly what you’re selling on quick review nor do I know how to get to categories that might interest me most. If you can’t say what you do quickly, you’re likely going to waste alot of money when it comes to paid advertising.

    “We sell tropical exotic plants”
    “We sell high quality tropical plants delivered directly to your door. Try our bulk buys at bargain prices for landscaping larger areas or to get a polished look. “

    “BUY NOW”

    Hope this helps.

    #1206109
    saini17manish
    Member
    • Total posts: 2
    Up
    0
    ::

    I think a combination of organic sharing and facebook ads can help to promote business better on Facebook.

    For ads you have to test results to get better results. I have tested different demographics in both organic as well as in paid ads on Facebook. It helped me to get better results.

    #1206110
    El Arish Tropical Exotics
    Member
    • Total posts: 227
    Up
    0
    ::

    Hi Byron, I think you have confused me with the original poster. She actually sells temperate climate plants with a focus on herbs.
    Thanks for the advice.

    Ann

    Byron Trzeciak, post: 246819, member: 56118 wrote:
    All platforms are worthwhile if you have the experience on how to use them to get results in your target market.

    Facebook is much the same. The issue is that most people assign a budget, without any form of campaign tracking, take a guess at their target customer demographics and then press the start button only to receive nothing in return.

    It’s far more complicated that that.

    With Facebook you’re targeting demographics and traits of your ideal customer. So your ability to pinpoint your customer is going to make a big difference in whether your campaign is successful or not.

    • Do most customers like gardening as a topic
    • do they following tropical gardening pages
    • are they in certain areas where these plants can survive more easily
    • What age group are they?
    • Is it more female than male?

    Ideally, you want to provide specific offers to those customer and send them to specific pages on your site. You might want to focus on your highest margin product first and just work on making that profitable first, after that use the same strategies to advertise additional products. Trying to do everything at once will likely fail.

    You might also try using a pdf / ebook on a guide to gardening with tropical plants and use that in exchange for an email address that you can remarket to over time.

    The big issue with your site in it’s current form is that I find it overwhelming, I don’t know exactly what you’re selling on quick review nor do I know how to get to categories that might interest me most. If you can’t say what you do quickly, you’re likely going to waste alot of money when it comes to paid advertising.

    “We sell tropical exotic plants”
    “We sell high quality tropical plants delivered directly to your door. Try our bulk buys at bargain prices for landscaping larger areas or to get a polished look. “

    “BUY NOW”

    Hope this helps.

    #1206111
    wowonly
    Member
    • Total posts: 10
    Up
    0
    ::

    Hi Guys,

    We started experimenting FB ads with our new website launch, Just to test the water’s we have spend $15 and we received 83 clicks and 1 conversion.

    We done testing prevously with $15 for the boost posts and results were not good, i hope this will help

    So i suggest you to create an offer ads to get more traffic and conversions to your store.

    Thanks

    #1206112
    Colin Rice
    Member
    • Total posts: 28
    Up
    0
    ::
    heftzwecke, post: 245667, member: 88078 wrote:
    Thanks for all the feedback! I actually came to the conclusion that doing a good facebook add is NOT easy and it is probably better for me to concentrate on follow and improving my product descriptions at the moment which is a huge job as such. However, I stumbled upon a video I don’t know what you think about it, but it basically says that there is a lot of scam with the FB adds: [MEDIA=youtube]oVfHeWTKjag[/MEDIA]

    You are correct that there is a lot of scams that small business operators need to look out for especially when you first start up as this is the most vulnerable time and the scammers now it.

    I did have a play with them and did get engagement but did not convert to sales.

    If you do want to go down this path then I would consider engaging reputable professional help so you dont blow your dough on a DIY option.

    #1206113
    GossipBox16
    Member
    • Total posts: 2
    Up
    0
    ::
    Byron Trzeciak, post: 246819, member: 56118 wrote:
    All platforms are worthwhile if you have the experience on how to use them to get results in your target market.

    Facebook is much the same. The issue is that most people assign a budget, without any form of campaign tracking, take a guess at their target customer demographics and then press the start button only to receive nothing in return.

    It’s far more complicated that that.

    With Facebook you’re targeting demographics and traits of your ideal customer. So your ability to pinpoint your customer is going to make a big difference in whether your campaign is successful or not.

    • Do most customers like gardening as a topic
    • do they following tropical gardening pages
    • are they in certain areas where these plants can survive more easily
    • What age group are they?
    • Is it more female than male?

    Ideally, you want to provide specific offers to those customer and send them to specific pages on your site. You might want to focus on your highest margin product first and just work on making that profitable first, after that use the same strategies to advertise additional products. Trying to do everything at once will likely fail.

    You might also try using a pdf / ebook on a guide to gardening with tropical plants and use that in exchange for an email address that you can remarket to over time.

    The big issue with your site in it’s current form is that I find it overwhelming, I don’t know exactly what you’re selling on quick review nor do I know how to get to categories that might interest me most. If you can’t say what you do quickly, you’re likely going to waste alot of money when it comes to paid advertising.

    “We sell tropical exotic plants”
    “We sell high quality tropical plants delivered directly to your door. Try our bulk buys at bargain prices for landscaping larger areas or to get a polished look. “

    “BUY NOW”

    Hope this helps.

    #1206114
    GossipBox16
    Member
    • Total posts: 2
    Up
    0
    ::

    Thanks for ‘expanding’ on this answer Byron. We recently ‘had a crack’ at the whole FB marketing thing & due to our ‘giveaway’ it generated much more traction with likes, shares and tags than if we’d just done a general post. Usually we find most people want something for nothing so by offering them the chance of getting ‘something in return’ certainly helped the involvement on that post but unfortunately did not generate any sales for us :(

    #1206115
    Paul – FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 3,339
    Up
    0
    ::
    GossipBox16, post: 247782, member: 81010 wrote:
    Thanks for ‘expanding’ on this answer Byron. We recently ‘had a crack’ at the whole FB marketing thing & due to our ‘giveaway’ it generated much more traction with likes, shares and tags than if we’d just done a general post. Usually we find most people want something for nothing so by offering them the chance of getting ‘something in return’ certainly helped the involvement on that post but unfortunately did not generate any sales for us :(
    Food for thought – is a person that will respond to a giveaway because it is a giveaway, the same person that is most likely to appreciate what you are selling?

    If not, you may have targeted the wrong people.

    #1206116
    Byron Trzeciak
    Participant
    • Total posts: 423
    Up
    0
    ::
    GossipBox16, post: 247782, member: 81010 wrote:
    Thanks for ‘expanding’ on this answer Byron. We recently ‘had a crack’ at the whole FB marketing thing & due to our ‘giveaway’ it generated much more traction with likes, shares and tags than if we’d just done a general post. Usually we find most people want something for nothing so by offering them the chance of getting ‘something in return’ certainly helped the involvement on that post but unfortunately did not generate any sales for us :(

    I think Google AdWords is a great platform for targeting people with buying intent that are ready to buy. I feel like Facebook is better for list building and ongoing marketing opportunities and the sale comes later.

    For example:

    1) provide them with something free in return for an email address
    2) add the email address to your mailing list
    3) Use a combination of content / email marketing to remarket and bring those visitors back to your site
    4) directly sell through email, to a growing list, and promote your specials etc.

    Email marketing is huge for online stores. I agree that people that want “free” are not often an ideal customer however the aim is to gain more subscribers to your list and then “warm them up” with ongoing marketing to turn them into paying customers. Like Paul said, if they’re interacting hopefully shows an interest in your product.

    You should also continue to prune your subscribers, if you’re not getting interactions or opens to your email then delete them from your list.

    If you’re simply worrying about likes, shares and comments then you’re going to be disappointed every time. Focus on the actions that drive sales and to me that’s signups with ongoing marketing from a Facebook perspective.

    I’m not sure you’ll get direct sales through Facebook on first impressions to potential customers so the email is the most important thing to capture.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.