Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Facebook Advertising

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Preferred Cleaning
    • Total posts: 3
    Up
    ::

Curious if others experience good conversions with facebook advertising ?

Hi Guys, we currently run a facebook campaign aimed at gaining likes and of course lead generation for our cleaning business. We run a relatively small budget ($5/day) which see’s around 10 likes per day and a reach of approx 2000/day but not much in regards to lead generation.

I would imagine business’s that sell popular products would have a pretty good conversion rate as apposed to a non glamorous industry such as cleaning.

I justify the spend from a point of view that facebook likes can give perspective clients a sense of safety with using us and of course being able to provide our existing clients with updates , promotions etc.

MatthewKeath
    • Total posts: 3,184
    Up
    Preferred Cleaning, post: 189752 wrote:
    Curious if others experience good conversions with facebook advertising ?

Hi Guys, we currently run a facebook campaign aimed at gaining likes and of course lead generation for our cleaning business. We run a relatively small budget ($5/day) which see’s around 10 likes per day and a reach of approx 2000/day but not much in regards to lead generation.

I would imagine business’s that sell popular products would have a pretty good conversion rate as apposed to a non glamorous industry such as cleaning.

I justify the spend from a point of view that facebook likes can give perspective clients a sense of safety with using us and of course being able to provide our existing clients with updates , promotions etc.Hi Karl,

You are getting likes so that good, but you need to understand why you are generating likes. And then, how are you planning on turning those likes into paying customers?

That is the key. You are advertising for likes not for leads. Turning them into leads requires a different strategy.

You can sent FB clicks to your website. That way you are advertising for leads – and as long you have a strategy to turn those clicks into leads on your website, you can test and see how you go.

Love to know how you go long term.

Cheers,

Matt

Preferred Cleaning
    • Total posts: 3
    Up

Thank you Mathew, you’ve just given me a new angle to think about. Much appreciated, I’ll report back with how I go after a little overhaul

King Creative
    • Total posts: 27
    Up

Hi Karl,

A good way to to turn your Facebook likes into leads would be to use a Facebook app. On the app you could run a competition as an incentive for people to take part and supply their info. With this app you can gather information such as name, email address, mobile, address. This could help you make a list of potential leads that you could contact at a later stage.

Hope that helps.

Jenny Spring
    • Total posts: 597
    Up

I’ve had a look at your website, and I think – to be blunt – you are throwing money away with Facebook advertising.

Firstly, your website doesn’t have any good way of capturing potential traffic. A good email optin is essential.

Secondly, you have multiple facebook like boxes on your site — and some of them have nothing to do with cleaning. This is confusing, and lessens to focus on the site — and in turn, the visitor to the site.

Thirdly, as the others have mentioned, trying for Likes is a vanity metric. You can’t take Likes to the bank. And once you get a lot of likes, it will cost a small fortune to appear in their newsfeed. Email marketing, in comparison, is an effective revenue generating activity, is cheap, and works. In fact, over the past 4 years it has been growing in effectiveness.

I’ve a bit about it on my blog and in my new book.

Jenny

Wordsmith
    • Total posts: 194
    Up

Hi there

Firstly, I just wanted to say I notice promoted posts work better than Facebook ads and when I’ve asked around most people have reported the same result. Just some food for thought.

Usually social media ads have a short, direct ask. Maybe you need to reconsider and reword your ask. Then target specific kinds of people who would employ your cleaning services.

As a copywriter and also as someone who manages social media for an organisation that has more than 55,000 Facebook followers, I believe content to be king. You need a content strategy. Not something that sells the same service over and over again, just using different words.

Cleaning may not be glamorous, but it’s something we all deal with on a daily basis and people are always looking for tips, tricks, time saving ideas etc. I personally can see the opportunity for a lot of engaging, if not fun, social media content that still markets your services and business, without being too much.

Something else… As a potential customer, I didn’t like that when I went to your website page and clicked the Like button I wasn’t taken to your Facebook page. And your sliding images are cutting off whatever that social media drop down is.

I thought I had liked your page by clicking on the Like button on the website and not being taken anywhere – but after searching for you on Facebook and wondering why you weren’t appearing if I had liked you, I found you and realised I apparently hadn’t liked you … So now I am wondering, what does that button achieve if it isn’t directing traffic to the Facebook page or collecting Likes? Nothing.

As a copywriter, I also picked up on some grammar issues with your web copy. I would suggest having this edited. It could be cleaner, more dynamic and professional. The same with your Facebook content.

My suggestion would be, before you spend any more money on advertising:
    1. Have someone edit your website to make it seem more professional. This is going to have a better result with commercial clients.
    2. Iron out any design flaws with your website; Like button, slider/SM drop down issues I mentioned above.
    3. Develop a content strategy for social media, including a content calendar
    4. Consider your audience, refine your ask/s
    5. Start using Facebook promoted posts in a targeted way – maybe not to get Likes, but to engage potential customers.

It looks like your social media campaign started in April, so it’s early days and you have the opportunity to correct these things. If they aren’t your area of expertise, outsource and save – and do it before EOFY.

I hope this information is of assistance.

If you need any help, give me a shout :) I can’t help with the web design flaws (you should re-engage whoever designed the site for you) but I’m happy to help with the other steps.

Kindest
    Kirsty

Victoria Cavallo
    • Total posts: 12
    Up

Hi Karl,
    I am also currently doing Facebook paid marketing and getting good results.

The campaigns that work the best for me are ads that ask for “website clicks”, but I don’t send people to my website, I send them to a capture page (aka a squeeze page) that collects their email address in return for something free – a compelling offer.
    You could offer an ebook “10 Speed Cleaning Tips For The Working Mum”, a video “The Little Known Magic Cure For Getting Red Wine Out Of Carpet” etc etc.

I also use custom audiences – ie. I choose who sees my ads in their newsfeed by targeting them, then I craft the add text and image PLUS the compelling offer to suit the audience…for eg: you could target females in your City between ages 25-45 who are parents, offer “10 Speed Cleaning For Working Mums”, use an image of a Lady in this age group sipping wine looking at her clean home!

OR target Real Estate Agents with an ebook ” Tenant GIVEAWAY…10 Vacate Cleaning Tips and a 20% off vacate clean voucher”…you get the drift.

I do also buy LIKES on FB but this has to be part of a wider strategy – not just a like for likes sakes. At the very least they need to be targeted likes, but you then need to have places on your Fanpage to capture their details (apps or capture pages – I use 22 Social) and you need to keep engagement up (throwing in offers and links to capture pages here and there) can be tedious work.

My first strategy is far easier to automate!

Message me if you want to chat and I can direct you to the resources you need to set up (and learn how to make) capture pages etc. :-)

MissSassy
    • Total posts: 1,255
    Up

Hi Carl

I think your budget could be better spent elsewhere to generate more cleaning business. On Facebook I would try to just increase your likes organically through engaging posts and participating in Facebook groups. Provide hints and tips as this is a great way to generate interested followers for a cleaning business.

Stuart B
    • Total posts: 1,070
    Up

If your goal is leads then you shouldn’t be advertising for likes. Create ads that send people to your website, jut like PPC on Google. At the end of the day the leads are a function of the material you’re showing them once they get there. How compelling your material is, how badly they want to call you etc.

Don’t just bid for likes because you think you need more likes. Identify the goal you’re going for, and structure your budget behind that.

Feel free to get in contact if you want any other advice, we have plenty of experience with social media marketing and lead generation.

JohnW
    • Total posts: 2,642
    Up

Hi Carl,
    IMHO, Facebook “likes” are virtually meaningless.

I’m reminded of a client who recently used Facebook ads to attract 500 visitors to their site. The visitors spent an average of 24 seconds on the site and viewed 1.02 pages per visit. In other words, they were irrelevant.

People don’t look on Facebook for cleaning services, they look for this service on search engines.

They use Facebook to look for discount and “cheap” cleaning services.

Think of Facebook as a generator of business for people who know you. If they don’t know you, go for search engine referrals. Overly simplistic, I know.

Regs,
    JohnW

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.