Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Facebook Advertising FAIL

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Fiona @opshoppers
    • Total posts: 29
    Up
    ::

My Facebook Business page had been performing well in 2012.

I had a regular budget of $50 a week.

I Photoshopped a nice advertising image that was simple, yet effective.

My ad copy had been perfected to a short and snappy paragraph.

From mid December till Xmas, my page was averaging about 30 likes a day. I was happy. I increased my advertising budget and created 3 NEW Facebook ads to run simultaneously. Same wording. Slightly differing images. I looked forward to an influx of fans to my page.

The result? NO LIKES at all! Not ONE since New Years Eve.

I have no idea what is going on! Have I made some sort of mistake? Are Facebook ads becoming way more competitive?

I’m confused! HELP!

MatthewKeath
    • Total posts: 3,184
    Up
    Fiona @opshoppers, post: 147093 wrote:
    My Facebook Business page had been performing well in 2012.

I had a regular budget of $50 a week.

I Photoshopped a nice advertising image that was simple, yet effective.

My ad copy had been perfected to a short and snappy paragraph.

From mid December till Xmas, my page was averaging about 30 likes a day. I was happy. I increased my advertising budget and created 3 NEW Facebook ads to run simultaneously. Same wording. Slightly differing images. I looked forward to an influx of fans to my page.

The result? NO LIKES at all! Not ONE since New Years Eve.

I have no idea what is going on! Have I made some sort of mistake? Are Facebook ads becoming way more competitive?

I’m confused! HELP!Are your ads showing? How are you impressions?

Fiona @opshoppers
    Up

Hey Matthew,

The first thing I checked was whether the ads had been approved. They are active. :)

My ads target around 350,000 of my selected audience. The weird part is that the ad stats show 0 reach, 0 actions, 0 clicks, despite the ads being active?

Regards,
    Fiona

MatthewKeath
    • Total posts: 3,184
    Up
    Fiona @opshoppers, post: 147097 wrote:
    Hey Matthew,

The first thing I checked was whether the ads had been approved. They are active. :)

My ads target around 350,000 of my selected audience. The weird part is that the ad stats show 0 reach, 0 actions, 0 clicks, despite the ads being active?

Regards,
    FionaIt looks like your ads are not actually being shown anywhere. It’s really hard to know without looking at your dashboard.

Hopefully someone will be to help here!

Fiona @opshoppers
    Up

Here’s a screenshot. Makes NO sense to me, considering my ads were approved. :)

Mark – The Geek Shed
    • Total posts: 18
    Up
    Fiona @opshoppers, post: 147101 wrote:
    Here’s a screenshot. Makes NO sense to me, considering my ads were approved. :)

It looks like you haven’t assigned a budget to the campaign, i just had a look at mine and it shows an amount for the price on the far right and yours doesn’t.

May not be it but maybe have a look and see what yours says.

Divert To Mobile
    • Total posts: 2,751
    Up

Hi Fiona,

I don’t have much dealing with fb but your spending $50 per week (2.5k p.a) with them isn’t there a customer service number you can call to get assistance?

If not I agree with with your thread title.

Steve

worldly
    • Total posts: 12
    Up

Hi Fiona,

Facebook ads have a very short lifespan.

I havent done PPC on fb since 2011 but back then I had to create new ad campaigns every few days to a week.

Everyone that wants to click on your ad will do so within a few days, after that you get lower click throughs and earn facebook less therefore your ad gets displayed less.

Modify the text, get a new picture and ceate a new ad. It’s some work but this is what I had to do.

Good Luck

Mitch

Phillip P
    • Total posts: 254
    Up

Are you targeting the same people with the ads or different people. Your first ad that has ran could of taken all the REACH depending how long you have been running it for.

I would recreate the ads again, target different interested. Look at your reports. There is a report about who is actually clicking your ad, how old, what area, what interests they have. Use that awesome information to build your new ads.

Running your ads from Jan 1- 3 is a waste you will get million impressions but nobody liking cause people are looking at how drunk friends have got etc.

Let me know if it continues i can ask my facebook rep.

Fiona @opshoppers
    Up
    Divert To Mobile, post: 147139 wrote:
    Hi Fiona,

I don’t have much dealing with fb but your spending $50 per week (2.5k p.a) with them isn’t there a customer service number you can call to get assistance?

If not I agree with with your thread title.

Steve

I agree Steve, I think it’s worth contacting them. :)

Fiona @opshoppers
    Up
    worldly, post: 147140 wrote:
    Hi Fiona,

Facebook ads have a very short lifespan.

I havent done PPC on fb since 2011 but back then I had to create new ad campaigns every few days to a week.

Everyone that wants to click on your ad will do so within a few days, after that you get lower click throughs and earn facebook less therefore your ad gets displayed less.

Modify the text, get a new picture and ceate a new ad. It’s some work but this is what I had to do.

Good Luck

Mitch

Thanks Mitch. I have been creating and trialling different Facebook ads for about 6 months. Never had a problem until now. I had recently made 3 different ads, with different copy + images. All 3 campaigns have delivered a total of 0 likes. I find that quite confusing! :)

Fiona @opshoppers
    Up
    Phillip P, post: 147148 wrote:
    Are you targeting the same people with the ads or different people. Your first ad that has ran could of taken all the REACH depending how long you have been running it for.

I would recreate the ads again, target different interested. Look at your reports. There is a report about who is actually clicking your ad, how old, what area, what interests they have. Use that awesome information to build your new ads.

Running your ads from Jan 1- 3 is a waste you will get million impressions but nobody liking cause people are looking at how drunk friends have got etc.

Let me know if it continues i can ask my facebook rep.

Thanks Phillip. You make some really good points. My 3 advertising campaigns targeted the same crowd. Reach could be an issue.

I will take a closer look at my ad report and build some new ads.

Thanks very much for the insider feedback! :)

Fiona @opshoppers
    Up

Just a recap in case this problem pops up for someone else. I emailed the Facebook Ad team and they responded within 24 hours. Here’s what they said;

“Hi Fiona,

The reason your ad is no longer running is that your account spend cap of AUD $200 has been reached. You can view your account spend cap by visiting your Billing Manager at http://www.facebook.com/ads/manage/billing.php

When you reach your account spend cap, your ads and sponsored stories will stop running to prevent further charges but will remain in active status.”

Eureka! Oh well, at least I know why I wasn’t getting any new likes!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.