Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Facebook advice

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Safe Skies
    • Total posts: 202
    Up
    ::

Hi All

Just need some advice for a customer of mine, they want to give away 30 carry on cases via facebook.

Basically they want to do something like share his page. Post your next holiday or trip and get your friends to like it and the top 30 on a date will get send a free carry on suitcase.

Just wondering the best way to do this or run this?

If anyone has any ideas could you let me know.

Thanks in advance

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk 2

Past-Member
    • Total posts: 1,815
    Up

The following information should help re promotions on Facebook. Read more at the Facebook links below and their links.

https://www.facebook.com/business/news/page-promotions-terms/
    It’s now Easier to Administer Promotions on Facebook

We’ve updated our Pages Terms in order to make it easier for businesses of all sizes to create and administer promotions on Facebook. Here’s what Page administrators need to know:

• We’ve removed the requirement that promotions on Facebook only be administered through apps
    • Now, promotions may be administered on Page Timelines and in apps on Facebook. For example, businesses can now:
    • Collect entries by having users post on the Page or comment/like a Page post
    • Collect entries by having users message the Page
    • Utilize likes as a voting mechanism
    • As before, however, businesses cannot administer promotions on personal Timelines.
    • Accurate tagging is required in promotions
    • In order to maintain the accuracy of Page content, our Pages Terms now prohibit Pages from tagging or encouraging people to tag themselves in content that they are not actually depicted in. So, for instance:
    • It’s OK to ask people to submit names of a new product in exchange for a chance to win a prize
    • It’s not OK to ask people tag themselves in pictures of a new product in exchange for a chance to win a prize
    • We hope these updates will enable more businesses to use Facebook to launch their promotions. For more information regarding the changes to our promotions policies, check out our downloadable Promotion Guidelines, which include FAQs and best practices for running promotions through Facebook.

PLUS

https://www.facebook.com/page_guidelines.php
    1. If you use Facebook to communicate or administer a promotion (ex: a contest or sweepstakes), you are responsible for the lawful operation of that promotion, including:
    a. The official rules;
    b. Offer terms and eligibility requirements (ex: age and residency restrictions); and
    c. Compliance with applicable rules and regulations governing the promotion and all prizes offered (ex: registration and obtaining necessary regulatory approvals)
    2. Promotions on Facebook must include the following:
    a. A complete release of Facebook by each entrant or participant.
    b. Acknowledgement that the promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
    3. Promotions may be administered on Pages or within apps on Facebook. Personal Timelines must not be used to administer promotions (ex: “share on your Timeline to enter” or “share on your friend’s Timeline to get additional entries” is not permitted).
    4. We will not assist you in the administration of your promotion, and you agree that if you use our service to administer your promotion, you do so at your own risk.

Safe Skies
    • Total posts: 202
    Up

Thank you very much Karen, ill pass this on. Do you use Facebook much yourself For business?

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk

jabar
    • Total posts: 31
    Up

Thanks Karen for that info, I didnt know facebook removed all those restrictions and now seems so easy to promote there!

Not sure if I am allowed but I would like to share with you this facebook page (I am not the owner, I have no relation with the owner of this page other than following her), this girl is great at promoting her baby business I though I would share it, she has got 4400 in less than 2 months, go through it and read her posts she has great ideas you could apply to your facebook fan page, https://www.facebook.com/TeethingAngels, maybe soon Ill summarize some of the examples I have found on facebook in a new forum post

cheers

Infrared
    • Total posts: 2
    Up

Hi Safe Skies,

I know its not really a direct answer to your question but what is your client trying to achieve with this campaign?

Are they trying to promote a specific product?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.