Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Facebook Fan Page & Wall Posting

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    BarefootMaternity
    • Total posts: 99
    Up
    ::

For a while now I have been wondering how to post on other peoples facebook walls using my fan page identity (as opposed to my personal identity). Turns out its really simple and if used with restraint I can see it to be a great marketing tool.
    This short video explains it well –
    http://www.weteachfacebook.com/lesson-7-how-to-post-on-other-profiles-from-your-fan-page/

You can test it out using my fan page if you like – http://www.facebook.com/BarefootMaternity

Does anyone know if you can ‘like’ another fan page using your fan page identity??

kbrookes
    • Total posts: 265
    Up

Great find!

yourvirtualboard
    • Total posts: 569
    Up

Thanks for sharing Sarah, also see your on the lake.

BarefootMaternity
    Up
    yourvirtualboard, post: 45025 wrote:
    Thanks for sharing Sarah, also see your on the lake.

Yes, on the ‘trono’ side of the lake :-) I can’t imagine ever getting tired of the view from my home office!

Jake@EmroyPrint
    • Total posts: 1,117
    Up

Whoar, great idea!

Thanks for sharing =)

– Jake

harrysro
    • Total posts: 13
    Up

That is a great help! Thanks for sharing :D

mexham
    • Total posts: 302
    Up

Awesome stuff! I had wondered if you could do this also, and you just saved me the work of trying to figure this out.

Thanks a lot.

MAli
    • Total posts: 107
    Up

I wanted to know how to make the poster that you have on the special offer tab on your facebook. Is it just an image you made and saved it as a jpeg and then uploaded it?

I am not sure if you can like another page using your business page. I tried that and it liked another page under my personal one.

I also can’t figure out how to change my background on the Fb page…does anyone know?

kbrookes
    Up

Hi MAli,

Not sure what you’re after with backgrounds – FB isn’t MySpace!

However, to be able to create custom tabs (check out my Facebook page in the link in my signature) you generally need to install the Static FBML app and effectively create a mini web page (using HTML) within your tab. It can be as simple (just an image) or as complex (a full website – just like mine) as you like.

BarefootMaternity
    Up
    MAli, post: 45160 wrote:
    I wanted to know how to make the poster that you have on the special offer tab on your facebook. Is it just an image you made and saved it as a jpeg and then uploaded it?

As Kelsey has mentioned in his post, you can use the Static FBML app to create custom landing pages. This is what I am using and have uploaded a jpg file.
    To install Static FBML, go to your fan page (I think its the admin default view), anyway, where you have all the options to edit your settings, wall etc, right down the bottom of this page is a more applications box – browse these and you should be able to find the app. I am sure you can probably search for it too.

mexham
    • Total posts: 302
    Up

Another good tip they mentioned on that site was about the profile image. I didn’t realise but if you size the image dimensions right you can get a much larger profile pic.

Good for making it stand out or using a logo. On that site video they said, 540×180 I think was maximum.. I found you could even go up to 600 x 200. Good for a photo and logo or txt.

Just quickly made one for my page here if anyone wants a look. Just made with Paint.

MAli
    Up

Hi Kbrookes,

I’ve seen many do it so I thought it was possible. Yes I’ve added the Static App and have my own tabs. What you have on your site is similar to what I was after but it takes up the whole FB page and acts as a background.

MAli
    Up

Hi BarefootMaternity,

I know the custom landing page has something to do with the Static but I’m unsure of how to use it.

kbrookes
    Up

I’ve never come across that one – I’d love to see an example, if you can ferret one out.

It may be there’s an app for that.

MAli
    Up

Hi Kelsey,

Here are some pictures.

http://www.techylabs.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/screenshot.jpeg

http://i7.tinypic.com/6s6scpt.jpg

I’m not sure I’ve been looking everywhere on how to do that but can’t seem to find one without downloading programs that are not on the Fb site and not an app.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.