Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Facebook marketing Case study and tips

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    worldly
    • Total posts: 12
    Up
    ::

Hi everyone,

Ive had some good wins with facebook marketing over the years, I thought id share a few tips with people trying to get a facebook page moving.

My most recent client page is here: https://www.facebook.com/FruitEnRoute
    The last post has had 131 shares in 24 hours :). page is 2 months old.

Here are the basics;

– Post every day,
    – Post interesting things, the fan will enjoy.
    – Interesting/funny pics on topic are good
    – upload the pic, don’t link to it. (reference source if required)
    – Text links to regurgitated information is boring
    – Add your own comment or spin on the post.
    – Forget about your products and services for now.
    – Get your customers onto the page.

You can find posts by searching for relevant topics then add the words “Outrageous”, “funny” “unbelievable” or other terms you think will deliver interesting content.

Once you have mastered this you can start to get your fans involved in sharing your message. Competitions , prizes, freebies or/and giveaways are the best way.

A good competition has some (or all) the following features;
    – Fan has to share, like or comment or upload to enter.(Engage)
    – The prize has something to do with your service.
    – Make it a big deal, hype it up every day.
    – The competition is worthy of discussion.
    – Make it available to fans that are not customers.
    – Promote the competition in your physical store or through your email list.

If your service has the ability to offer freebies then make the most of that by asking for engagement from your fan base.

Other basic do’s and don’t’s for me, (all businesses are different so dont take it as gospel);

– I only use FB for B2C.
    – If your page is a failure and you aren’t updating it, remove it form your webpage
    – Point marketing efforts toward getting new likes as its easier to market to fans than an email list
    – PPC works well, if you are experienced at PPC, always point the fan towards the page, not the website. Update campaigns every few days.
    Do your customer service on the page so everyone can see it.
    – Try not to ever delete anything from anyone, unless its marketing / spam etc.
    – engage with other pages that have your access to potential customers.

I think thats probably the list I use that has the most impact. If Ive forgotten anything please comment.

PS, if you pay a social media “guru” to do this for you, you’re probably not going to do well (im sure there are exceptions, social media gurus don’t get offended). Take an interest in your page, marketing is the most important part of your business and for many businesses facebook can deliver everything you need in this space.

If you want some feedback on your page please post the link here.

[edit] Buying likes is great if you are a soulless attention craving monster

incredibleconcepts
    • Total posts: 60
    Up

Hi Worldy.

Thanks for your post. Facebook is a great way to build and receive exposure to potential leads.

What is your strategy for turning fans into leads? A lot of time can go into social media with little ROI.

Cheers,
    Steve.

Rochelle BFW
    • Total posts: 6
    Up

Interesting ideas strategy.
    Will have to give it a go because I find it challenging engaging followers and can spend a lot of time for very little reward.
    Thanks for the info.
    Cheers
    :)

worldly
    Up

Hi Steve,

Use your clients to help convert their friends.

Asking customers to share their thoughts or photos to win a prize works very well.

Once a week, I like to offer a competition that directly relates to the product by offering a special of some kind.

These 2 steps alone set up a perfect storm to convert leads to sales. Friends see people talking about a product on their news feed, they like the page cause its interesting to them. The week after they have a 3 days window to get a discount to try the product at a discounted rate. If the timing doesn’t suit or the deal isn’t right, you get another crack at the following week and the cycle continues.

This model won’t make sense to all business types but for many it will work very well. Im not a fan of spending a lot of time on social media, 20 minutes a day on the marketing is plenty if you do it right.

MItch

incredibleconcepts
    Up

Thanks Mitch, that makes sense.

Being Pretty at Koogal
    • Total posts: 16
    Up

Hi worldly,
    Thanks for sharing with us. I like the idea of running competition to promote your page. Though I am interested to learn from you how to hype up those type of competitions given we only start with a small number of fans?

I sometimes use PPC/PPM for those type of campaigns, but they do cost a fair bit…may be not the best way.

Thanks =)

Jervis
    • Total posts: 49
    Up
    Being Pretty at Koogal, post: 144623 wrote:
    Hi worldly,
    Thanks for sharing with us. I like the idea of running competition to promote your page. Though I am interested to learn from you how to hype up those type of competitions given we only start with a small number of fans?

I sometimes use PPC/PPM for those type of campaigns, but they do cost a fair bit…may be not the best way.

Thanks =)

I read that Facebook has slowly been dropping the reach that page posts get. So many people that liked your page wont see new posts after a period of time.

Have you noticed this? How does it change your strategy?

JohnW
    • Total posts: 2,642
    Up
    worldly, post: 144027 wrote:
    Competitions , prizes, freebies or/and giveaways are the best way.
    I believe you will need a permit in some states of Australia to run a competition on your Facebook page.
    Regs,
    JohnW
    worldly
    Up
    Being Pretty at Koogal, post: 144623 wrote:
    Though I am interested to learn from you how to hype up those type of competitions given we only start with a small number of fans?

Thanks =)

First thing you need to do is get your existing clients on facebook, when starting a new page I start off low key…..Im presuming that there is a business with clients behind a facebook page, so you offer incentives through your usual channels till you get a level that’s not embarrassing, no point in promoting the biggest sale of the century to 20 people, refer to my original post about the other things you can be doing until you get to a level that you look serious.

PPC is a good way to boost numbers but it can get expensive, dont give up though, changing text or images to something more appealing can have a great impact for lower costs than your previous efforts. I have paid up to $1.50 a click as I was converting sales and it was worthwhile, it depends on what you do.

I believe you will need a permit in some states of Australia to run a competition on your Facebook page.
    Regs,
    JohnW

John, I heard something about this, I also heard facebook require you to use an app to monitor a competition too.
    Everyone gets to choose their level of compliance for these type of requirements from anal to cowboy, I like to sit somewhere in the middle with the rest of the crowd.

I read that Facebook has slowly been dropping the reach that page posts get. So many people that liked your page wont see new posts after a period of time.

Have you noticed this? How does it change your strategy?

This is true, posts that were receiving 1000 views now receive much much less. Its unfortunate, facebook is not your friendly neighbourhood grocer.

If there were a better way to do this I would prefer to go somewhere else, but even with the restrictions in place its still the best way to market for b2c for me.

In my opinion these changes affect pages with a big low value audience. If you are running a small business with the idea of selling a product as oppose to advertising, you are focusing on a smaller higher value audience. Google has done the same thing over the years by changing its search and PPC algorithm many times.

In short it hasn’t changed my strategy for small business, but it does encourage me to look elsewhere more often. With loads of niche social media platforms popping up all over the place its not a given that facebook will be the best place for everyone forever.

tonyk
    • Total posts: 1,430
    Up

I have had a Facebook page for my business since August. No leads thus far but a great level of interactivity. The text posts seem to be a lot more popular than the images though.

worldly
    Up
    tonyk, post: 144873 wrote:
    I have had a Facebook page for my business since August. No leads thus far but a great level of interactivity. The text posts seem to be a lot more popular than the images though.

Hi Tony,

That probably makes sense with a proof reading service.

I had a look at the page and you’re doing pretty good. I don’t see any references to your service though. Try throwing in a few images from this list once in a while: http://goo.gl/al7pa and include a quote like “Proofreading for 5 words only 37c”

It’s on topic, more entertaining and it ties in your service with the post.

b2b is not such a natural place for facebook in my opinion, I would probably have a good look at twitter too.

Buymylikes.net
    • Total posts: 6
    Up
    worldly, post: 144908 wrote:
    Hi Tony,

That probably makes sense with a proof reading service.

I had a look at the page and you’re doing pretty good. I don’t see any references to your service though. Try throwing in a few images from this list once in a while: http://goo.gl/al7pa and include a quote like “Proofreading for 5 words only 37c”

It’s on topic, more entertaining and it ties in your service with the post.

b2b is not such a natural place for facebook in my opinion, I would probably have a good look at twitter too.

Hey there, of course not!
    I returned. I forgot my password and it took me a long while to log back in and unfortunately I had set the wrong email address too! however luckily I managed to remember my password.

MergeRight
    • Total posts: 1
    Up

Lots of great input here!

Wanted to also add that i definitely think that integrating Twitter into your mix along with Facebook will really strengthen your social media marketing.
    You can also link both accounts so that your Twitter account will post updates from Facebook as well which adds to its activity.

We also found a lot more success when focusing more on original content with our Facebook page. We still add funny and interesting videos here and there.

incredibleconcepts
    Up

I find receiving new Twitter followers is easier than finding new Facebook page likers.

I don’t fully understand how to leverage Twitter for lead generation and sales though.

worldly
    Up
    incredibleconcepts, post: 144993 wrote:
    I find receiving new Twitter followers is easier than finding new Facebook page likers.

I don’t fully understand how to leverage Twitter for lead generation and sales though.

Twitter is a lot easier to get followers due the the nature of what it is, it’s very open.
    Try downloading hootsuite or tweetdeck and set up some searches on keywords your potential clients might be talking about.

It’s all about being an expert, engaging with your audience and not marketing what you do directly. Showcase your knowledge instead of your products or services.

Twitter is a lot more time consuming to do it properly, It’s really difficult to outsource unless you just use it for a broadcasting platform. If you get enjoyment out of connecting with people on the topic of your industry then twitter would be good for you. Otherwise it can just be hard work.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.