Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Facebook marketing Case study and tips

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    incredibleconcepts
    • Total posts: 60
    Up
    ::
    worldly, post: 145392 wrote:
    Showcase your knowledge instead of your products or services.

Thanks worldy.

incredibleconcepts
    Up

Just an observation that there is a plethora of twitter accounts blasting out sales and marketing copy, but little interaction occurring.

I can see how interacting and sharing knowledge provides an edge above the noise.

SBMW
    • Total posts: 10
    Up
    tonyk, post: 144873 wrote:
    I have had a Facebook page for my business since August. No leads thus far but a great level of interactivity. The text posts seem to be a lot more popular than the images though.

Hey Tony / All,

A few more tips:

You need to have an opt in page on your facebook account, this way you can collect email addresses and grow your list. Once you direct market to your list, your leads can convert into sales.

If you have never advertised on facebook before (ie activated an advertising account), you can get a $50 voucher for $5. Take a look at fiverr.com for a range of sellers. This is legit and works, however is only valid for facebook accounts that have never used advertising before, or have started within 14 days of using the voucher.

There are an array of service providers out there where you can get custom apps that you can use to run competitions or have an opt in box. For those not aware, aps are those boxes next to your photos and likes.

If you are after some legitimate information about how to use facebook, check out Amy Porterfield on facebook. She gives free webinars with quality info. She uses the webinars to promote here facebook products, however without fail she always delivers quality info first.

Cheers

SBMW

incredibleconcepts
    Up
    worldly, post: 145392 wrote:
    Try downloading hootsuite or tweetdeck and set up some searches on keywords your potential clients might be talking about.

This is easier said than done, I believe.

We are a corporate event styling company, and I don’t think many people will be tweeting about the need to find a good corporate event styling company.

I’ve set up keyword searches like “event decoration”, but I haven’t seen tweets that are related to Australian events.

Tricky. Any suggestions very welcome. Cheers.

Natalie Alaimo
    • Total posts: 5
    Up

Hi

Just a heads up re competitions on Facebook

Your competition must be run on app (ie not your wall)
    You can’t use any of Facebook features as a the only form of entry – you can say they must be a fan but that can’t be the only way of entering your competition
    You have to contact the winner off Facebook and hence must collect either their email address or phone number

Facebook is closing down pages all the time who are violating their terms and conditions and it doesn’t just happen to the ‘big guys’ – pages with less than 100 fans have been removed!

Competitions are great to build engagement and fans but you have to follow their terms and conditions!

worldly, post: 144027 wrote:
    A good competition has some (or all) the following features;
    – Fan has to share, like or comment or upload to enter.(Engage)
    – The prize has something to do with your service.
    – Make it a big deal, hype it up every day.
    – The competition is worthy of discussion.
    – Make it available to fans that are not customers.
    – Promote the competition in your physical store or through your email list.

thirdgear
    • Total posts: 7
    Up

I personally hate all social media and haven’t used it for years. I was using it briefly for my business and have shut it all down as I feel as though my company is an extension of myself.

I now have this in the footer of my website:

You have entered a social media free zone – We run a pure ecommerce business.

So nice to have all that like this, tweet that, G+ crap gone and since doing that I’ve had an increase in the number of positive comments regarding my website.

We’ve been all told how you have to use it when it really isn’t necessary and you’ll get a lot more value out of diverting your energy into other aspects of your business.

If you want to run competitions on facebook use this:

http://www.wildfireapp.com/

Works the treat!

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.