Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Facebook Page

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    JewellerTracy
    • Total posts: 25
    Up
    ::

Hi,

I’m a jeweller and I also hold jewellery making classes for hobbyists. I have a FB page, but am having trouble understanding apps and adding certain content.

I’ve done searches and found instructions, but it’s not making a lot of sense to me and I’m hoping someone can help.

Basically, there are two main things I am trying to do:

1. I am making up a flyer (pdf) to advertise my upcoming workshop. I plan to put it in local stores etc but also want to post it online. So on FB, I want a tab, that just opens up the pdf on a page…..that’s it….

2. I want to post larger stories. The ones with a thumbnail type pic next to the text, not just post a pic and add comment to it. I see these all the time but can’t seem to find how to do it. If I’m not describing this well, let me know and I’ll try and link to something similar….

My FB page is http://www.facebook.com/TracyKellyJewelleryDesign Any advice or suggestions on how to improve it, or do the above, would be greatly appreciated. I really want my FB to be the main promotional avenue for my business so I want it to be good :)

Cheers

MatthewKeath
    • Total posts: 3,184
    Up
    JewellerTracy, post: 117417 wrote:
    1. I am making up a flyer (pdf) to advertise my upcoming workshop. I plan to put it in local stores etc but also want to post it online. So on FB, I want a tab, that just opens up the pdf on a page…..that’s it…. You need to create a custom app, then use it to display a iframe from your website on the app. Here is a tutorial – it’s not as easy as you would think.

Remember, that unless you are running ad’s, most of your pages interactions are done in the activity feed, not on a custom app. (unless you build an awesome interactive app which is not your intention.)

2. I want to post larger stories. The ones with a thumbnail type pic next to the text, not just post a pic and add comment to it. I see these all the time but can’t seem to find how to do it. If I’m not describing this well, let me know and I’ll try and link to something similar….I am not sure what you mean – can you please link to one?

My FB page is http://www.facebook.com/TracyKellyJewelleryDesign Any advice or suggestions on how to improve it, or do the above, would be greatly appreciated. I really want my FB to be the main promotional avenue for my business so I want it to be good :)I would change your cover image to a awesome image of your jewellery. You business name is already represented. You don’t need it twice. Also, ensure that your profile picture is not cutting off content on your cover picture as it is doing now.
    JewellerTracy
    Up

Thanks for the reply Matthew.

With regard to the ‘larger story’ thing, I think I may have had that confused. Now that I’ve gone and looked for an example, it seems that the thing I am looking at is a share or link from another site, that shows as a thumbnail and part of story…. I did come across something else though while looking for an example. If you go to the Natio FB page https://www.facebook.com/pages/NATIO/115803431794071 and scroll down the timeline to April 21, they have a page-wide post and pic…..how’d they do that? I also like the way they have done May 2 post with the 2 pics under the text. Obvious now I’m really looking that it is done by creating a new album (duh)…..I can use that to show my class flyer and pin it to the top, so it solves the problem of trying to figure out a custom app, which looks waaaay above my skill level right now….

Thanks for the feedback on my page, I totally see what you mean about the cover photo/business name. I’ll have to work on a great cover pic that highlights the jewellery. Great advice, much appreciated :D

MyGreatIdea
    • Total posts: 2,278
    Up

To make a post page-width, hover over the top right of the post and select “highlight”. You can change it back at any time. You can also “pin” which will keep that post at the top of your page for 7 days.

Wendy :)

JewellerTracy
    Up
    Couple It, post: 117517 wrote:
    To make a post page-width, hover over the top right of the post and select “highlight”. You can change it back at any time. You can also “pin” which will keep that post at the top of your page for 7 days.

Wendy :)

Thanks Wendy. I thought that highlighting it also pinned it, didn’t realise it stayed that size as it goes down the timeline. 😮

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.