Home – New Forums Tech talk FaceBook problem…

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    MatthewKeath
    • Total posts: 3,184
    Up
    ::
    HBTRADE, post: 158940 wrote:
    Is that really how it’s supposed to be done? It seems a long way around getting to the page. Bit like wanting to fly Sydney to Melbourne, but being forced through Darwin.

The personal page for this was never used – just fully locked down. I have no idea what the details for it were now.

The cog on the Martin Prin page shows:

[ATTACH]442[/ATTACH]Ah, that’s the problem. You need to have, and be logged into, a personal page.

Then as Wendy says, you select ‘Use Facebook at *your page name*’

I didn’t realise you could even create and post as your page without a personal profile! I’ve learnt something today.

HBTRADE
    • Total posts: 125
    Up

As said, the details for the (later) attached personal profile I have no idea of the details for, and there seems to be nothing in the HBT one that indicates what it is attached to. The only ‘use as’ option I can find would have me using it as itself (use as House Bound Trading) which only goes to the Ads Manager page.

MatthewKeath
    • Total posts: 3,184
    Up
    HBTRADE, post: 158951 wrote:
    As said, the details for the (later) attached personal profile I have no idea of the details for, and there seems to be nothing in the HBT one that indicates what it is attached to. The only ‘use as’ option I can find would have me using it as itself (use as House Bound Trading) which only goes to the Ads Manager page.What you need to do then is create another personal profile, and add yourself as an admin.

Everything should work ok then.

Brent@Ontrax
    • Total posts: 336
    Up

If you have any idea of what the email address “might” be, you could go to the login screen and select the forgot password and just try the email address(s) and hopefully retrieve the existing account. Could you do a search within facebook for your personal name and see if it finds it and then look at whatever information is displayed to possibly jolt your memory, otherwise, if all else fails, do as Matthew says and create a new account, like your own page and then add your new personal account as an administrator on the business page.

HBTRADE
    • Total posts: 125
    Up
    Brent@Ontrax, post: 158960 wrote:
    If you have any idea of what the email address “might” be, you could go to the login screen and select the forgot password and just try the email address(s) and hopefully retrieve the existing account. Could you do a search within facebook for your personal name and see if it finds it and then look at whatever information is displayed to possibly jolt your memory, otherwise, if all else fails, do as Matthew says and create a new account, like your own page and then add your new personal account as an administrator on the business page.

A search on facebook by name won’t find me. Channel 7’s Today Tonight even told me I don’t exist as they couldn’t find anything of me by name. :D I know there is one there somewhere – it’s just locked down really well.

Thank you to all those who have offered guidance or ideas with this – hopefully it will help others also.

CindyK
    • Total posts: 155
    Up

Hi,

Not really sure I can help but have you tried checking into the different types of pages. See this post here.

The reason I suggest this is years ago… back when I was a humble employee.. the company I was with set up their original FB page wrong. It had very little functionality. Your issue could be totally unrelated, but they had to change the type of page. That blog post indicates that it could be possible.

The thing that makes me think this is you seem to have the other functionality, like posting comments etc – just like an admin would, but your screen shot looks different from an admin’s screenshot. Maybe someone here can help you with types of pages???

Just a thought.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.