Home – New Forums Tech talk Facebook profile picture issue. :/

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Cjay
    • Total posts: 183
    Up
    ::

Hey guys,

Got a problem with my co.’s facebook profile picture. It’s currently set to scale to fit but instead it comes up as a blurry portion of the image. Any ideas how to resolve this issue?

Linky:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/XL-Financial/448048315226278

MatthewKeath
    • Total posts: 3,184
    Up

You profile pic is too wide.

Try creating an image 160px X 160px (or in that ratio) and you should be fine.

Cjay
    Up

Thanks for the that. :)

Little bit of playing around in GIMP and we’re good to go.

Appreciate it. ;)

MatthewKeath
    • Total posts: 3,184
    Up
    Cjay, post: 129527 wrote:
    Thanks for the that. :)

Little bit of playing around in GIMP and we’re good to go.

Appreciate it. ;)No worries at all.

I liked your page (Like number two!)

adrian
    Participant
    • Total posts: 181
    Up

Cool that Matthew sorted it for you. FYI, here’s a nice page explaining how to position and size things so you can nicely integrate the banner and icon if you’re interested.

http://www.techipedia.com/2012/perfect-facebook-fan-page/

Cjay
    Up

Thanks for the like Matthew! Can businesses like other businesses, or can I only like businesses from my personal account? Went onto Smashing and I can’t seem to find a like button…

And great link adrian, I’ll have to look into integrating some of their interesting ideas into my fb page.

kathiemt
    • Total posts: 1,167
    Up

Matthew to the rescue on the image. Glad it got sorted!

Re businesses liking businesses. Yes, you can do that. I do it all the time. However your ‘like’ doesn’t count as far as the numbers go as Facebook has it only set up for private individuals likes to count. Now, I guess the reason for this is that one individual could have multiple business pages (I certainly do) and they probably don’t want to blow out the count with ‘false’ numbers.

I prefer to like other business pages from my business page, although I know many desperately want my ‘like’ to count. But the reason I do this is that I wear several hats, and have several pages to go with those hats. I only want updated wall news to show up on the home wall of the business page I was liking from – for that particular industry or category. So, as a VA, I want all VA updated news to show up on the wall of my VA page, and not on the wall of my personal profile. I hope that makes sense?

spinninghill
    • Total posts: 345
    Up

makes perfect sense Kathie and I do the same most of the time.

I am like no 4 for OP.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.