Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Facebook Reach

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    MissSassy
    • Total posts: 1,255
    Up
    ::

How is everyone feeling about the Facebook reach at the moment or lack there of?

Before you jump up and say it is time to do paid advertising – well that seems to make little difference to the everyday posts.

Anyway just wondering how everyone else is feeling.

Miss Sassy is a little frustrated ;)

help4bis.com
    • Total posts: 268
    Up

I am getting a bit skeptical about FB and its reach. Natural or organic which ever term you want to use, is becoming less efficient.

For example today I looked at some FB traffic, they are all reposts of pictures, youtubes etc. Nothing really original anymore.

For a business, I guess you need to be on FB to capture some of those leads but the ROI is …. well becomming less. Fangate pages are restricted etc, unless (sorry) you do paid adverts you will not get the spread.

I personally ignore the adverts as it is.

One of our slogans is…. well see my signature.

MatthewKeath
    • Total posts: 3,184
    Up

Looking at our reach, we have 1500 likes…

It ranges from 20 – 200, but one post got 750. So over the last 20 posts we reached about 2500 people which is pretty good for a platform that cost nothing.

We ran some pretty targeted add to our website a few weeks ago – got about 100 likes which was pretty good. We are doing some serious FB advertising soon.

I know a lady who runs lot of FB ads. She sell wellness getaways, it’s been very successful for her.

help4bis.com, post: 203524 wrote:
    For example today I looked at some FB traffic, they are all reposts of pictures, youtubes etc. Nothing really original anymore. I enjoy FB, and get some good content. Not sure what you mean by this. I get a range of content, some good some orginal, some not. But if it’s not original, but it’s interesting, why would I care?

help4bis.com, post: 203524 wrote:
    For a business, I guess you need to be on FB to capture some of those leads but the ROI is …. well becomming less. Fangate pages are restricted etc, unless (sorry) you do paid adverts you will not get the spread.

I personally ignore the adverts as it is. You might, but people click on them, FB is making tons of money so someone is clicking.

Hatching_It
    • Total posts: 414
    Up

I’ve spent $200 on FB in the last month. 2 campaigns running for 2 days each. One was to advertise our “christmas newsletter” the other was to advertise a blog post that we did.

Oddly, $100 budget only gets charged at $78 by Facebook Ireland (I’m keeping that to myself, especially since we get stuff all traffic from it)

I think we got about 6 likes and 2 shares from $200.

Of course we’re very new outside of eBay so every like we can buy at the moment is helping, but I don’t like paying $18 each for them!

MatthewKeath
    • Total posts: 3,184
    Up
    Hatching_It, post: 203528 wrote:
    Of course we’re very new outside of eBay so every like we can buy at the moment is helping, but I don’t like paying $18 each for them!Yikes! Fair call.

Our average like is about $1, and I thought that was expensive!

Craig.Smith
    • Total posts: 167
    Up

Facebook campaigns can be a hit and miss, really just depends on content of the campaign and whether it resonates with the target audience. I’ve had some campaigns which have had about 20 interactions for $23. But had success with other campaigns where $23 had over 80,000 reach with 1000 shares and 1500 likes. But as with any marketing, it comes back to measuring the results to further capitalise.

help4bis.com
    Up

Matthew,

You refer to paid campaigns… sure you can get a lot of likes from that, especially with fan gates and give-aways.

I am not refering to that, I was refering to non paid and non give away.

Re content…. perhaps I am mingling with the wrong crowd :-). I still think there is not much originality on FB as it is.

Likes do not come easy :-).

help4bis.com
    Up
    Craig.Smith, post: 203536 wrote:
    Facebook campaigns can be a hit and miss, really just depends on content of the campaign and whether it resonates with the target audience. I’ve had some campaigns which have had about 20 interactions for $23. But had success with other campaigns where $23 had over 80,000 reach with 1000 shares and 1500 likes. But as with any marketing, it comes back to measuring the results to further capitalise.

Same situation we have experienced.

MissSassy
    • Total posts: 1,255
    Up

I really think that Facebook is wonderful for paid advertising and a well targeted ad can be great. It is not the advertising but rather the organic reach of posts that is not existent for business unless you luck onto something that loads of people are liking.

It would be nice for Facebook to reward the paid advertisers with a little more organic reach is all I am saying.

Facebook cannot be ignored they are a massive player and they are changing the rules regularly, as business owners we just have to be informed and also play along.

I too have generated quite a bit of business from Facebook – some wonderful clients that I may not have found otherwise.

We all have to use it – it is just a matter of how.

bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,485
    Up
    MatthewKeath, post: 203526 wrote:
    Looking at our reach, we have 1500 likes…

We ran some pretty targeted add to our website a few weeks ago – got about 100 likes which was pretty good. We are doing some serious FB advertising soon.

Unfortunately likes don’t pay the Bills.

bluepenguin
    • Total posts: 1,026
    Up

In my understanding, the more your followers like, comment and share your content, the more of it they will see in the future.

So the challenge is to create content that people want to engage with, and wait for that snowball to grow.

As far as paid advertising on Facebook goes, I’m trying to build a very targeted database at the moment. I have been running an ad for about 4 weeks that links to a dodgy under construction webpage with a sign up form.

So far I have had 160 people sign up at a total cost of about $40. Not too bad. Now to find time to do something with this list…

IncredibleCo
    • Total posts: 406
    Up

I believe I read this somewhere…

There are two kinds of likes, organic and paid.

When someone likes your page organically they are also following you.

When they like your page through a promoted post or link, they are just liking your page. In essence you are just getting increasing the digit next to the like box by 1.

This is why paid likes are mostly useless.

I think it’s also important to understand that your posts are competing with other posts for attention. If you’re selling used bottle caps and I’m selling women’s bikini’s, who do you think’s going to get more likes and attention?

Best – Phil.

CoolFlyers
    • Total posts: 10
    Up

Good morning all,

I find Facebook all a bit too much. Maybe I am getting old (43) but I don’t have the time nor inclination to sit and read through ‘stuff’ -ironically I do it here, but I am learning something from you all and do find it quite interesting.

I have a personal FB page that was created about 5 years ago to get in touch with friends around the world, which was good, but now I get bombarded with daily photos of cats and what they did or didn’t eat last night.

My partner (not a technical person) set up a FB page for CoolFlyers in the hope I would work my magic and all would be good but I don’t see how getting lots of “likes” from a once of message will help business.

I understand how exposure works, like in any other format, the more exposure, the better. But I feel with FB there is too much information (of little value) and not enough time and therefore the overload just shuts me down.

As a customer, if I choose to like 50 pages which have come to me one way or another (friends or ads), how do I possibly keep up with what is occurring in those 50 businesses. I might have a few I am really interested in and return to but unless I buy right there and then, I believe all is lost in the ether – on a list of ‘likes’ sitting at the bottom of my page.

I have never spent any money on FB nor though any connection with FB and when I ask others they say the same which leads me to believe that FB is not really somewhere to spend too much of my time marketing.

In a gold rush, it is said the people who make the most money are those selling shovels. FB and Goolge are selling a hell of a lot of shovels (shovels being advertising) to many who are digging for gold. Some find gold. Many don’t.

There are so many places we can list our businesses in the hope we find that gold and I am not really sure how to make use of them all. I am finding luck with the old fashioned ways, talking to people, and following up with the use of new technology.

After all, we all enjoy a bit of personal attention.

AmberS
    • Total posts: 66
    Up
    IncredibleCo, post: 203559 wrote:
    I believe I read this somewhere…

There are two kinds of likes, organic and paid.

When someone likes your page organically they are also following you.

When they like your page through a promoted post or link, they are just liking your page. In essence you are just getting increasing the digit next to the like box by 1.

This is why paid likes are mostly useless.

This doesn’t make sense. Ok if you paid a company to buy you a pile of links from India, but if someone chooses to like your page after seeing a promoted post, they are still following you. They have still chosen to like the page because they saw something of interest and want to stay connected.

We do need to remember that as Matthew said, Facebook is a free platform and if used well can be a really strong part of your marketing. I find so many business owners make the decision on whether to use Facebook, or how to use Facebook based primarily on their own experiences without thinking that they aren’t their whole market (if the target market at all). Facebook is great for small scale testing, use small amounts of paid advertising to see what engagement you get , then tweak, tweak and tweak some more. If a promotion doesn’t get the likes or clicks you expect, change the image, change the text, re-target it…

I find as with all other marketing actions, you tend to get back what you put in. You have to spend time on Facebook, creating high quality, engaging content to make the most of the organic reach you get. For example, a brand new business (talking 2 days old) a spend of less than $20 so for on a page promotion and we are sitting at 87 likes (a mix of paid – 20 and organic). The latest post has a reach of 56 so far (that’s 65% organic reach) because we used a great image, information and asked a question and have gotten engagement (also from our new ‘paid’ likes). Social traffic to the website has really positive numbers and behaviour – all from Facebook.

The right business with the right strategy can do really well with Facebook, even turning those likes into $s Bert :)

IncredibleCo
    • Total posts: 406
    Up

AmberS – Check your own Facebook business page. There are two buttons over your cover image. One says like(d) the other says following. You can like a page and also not be following it.

When you promote your page through Facebook, you’re only paying for likes. Not followers. Essentially pointless.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.