Home – New Forums Selling online Fashion retail via website/social media set up q’s

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Crashbang
    • Total posts: 3
    Up
    ::

Now I’m mainly in the brainstorm in stage of things and hope to get things started in the new year.
    But was planning to sell at markets – up cycled 2nd hand furniture, hand made candles, terrariums/succulent planters and hand made jewellery.
    Initially was going to try and sell some clothes 2nd hand,(just my own) but am thinking about stocking labels.

My main questions are regarding abn’s and other legal requirements.

I figure without an ABN most wholesalers wouldn’t go for it.
    But do I need to register a business name? I wouldn’t trade under my own name, I would create a label name.

But what about gst? And do u need any licensing for market trade?

I’m hoping I can find a designer with a low minimum order to get things going but wonder if anyone knows of designers/wholsalers average minimum orders? I wouldn’t go high end , just mid range (rrp for most items would probably be 50-100 aud)

Also online payment options. A few small boutiques seem to offer just bank transfer. I get nervous about getting a credit card payment option online for security reasons. Especially as initially I’d be going for as close to free service as possible.

I’m pretty tech savvy and have qual. In business admin that focused on finance included basic website design and myob

Any ideas comments and opinions are appreciated. :)

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi Crashbang, and welcome to the forum,

It’s likely to be pretty quiet around here for the next few days, so please hang tight, and I have my fingers crossed you’ll receive some insights and ideas from our brains trust soon.

In the meantime, I encourage you to head over to the New Members section of the forum and introduce yourself to us all. We find that people become more likely to offer advice once they’ve gotten to know you a little, so with that in mind, please remember to tell us your name.

All the best with the new venture, and thanks for joining the fun :)
    Jayne

Crashbang
    Up

Thank you!
    Shall head over there soon.

Hope you’re all having a lovely holiday season!

-chloe.

Elizabeth-FE
    • Total posts: 127
    Up

Hi Chloe,
    I have long term experience in Fashion.

Feel free to email me and I will see how I can assist.

Elizabeth

dian11
    Up

Thank you for sharing.. This is good :)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.