Home – New Forums New here? Share your story Faster than I can keep up!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    crawfordandy
    • Total posts: 25
    Up
    ::

Hi all, I am new to the site and I am hoping to find some like-minded individuals who can help point me in the right direction.

I have recently launched a website and things are moving more quickly than I anticipated. I was hoping that I would have time to make measured, considered decisions but I’m definitely working ‘on the hoof’ at the minute!

For anyone who is interested; the website is aimed at fostering new start-ups by introducing people with great business ideas to people with complementary skills and experience.

I sometimes joke that it’s a hook-up site for entrepreneurs!

Anyway, I am looking forward to talking to you all in the near future and picking your brains with 1001 questions :-)

Cheers,
    Andy.

P.S. Website is http://www.yekkit.com. Check it out if you have a new business idea that you’d like to get off the ground!

sam_leader
    • Total posts: 660
    Up

Hi Andy,

Welcome to the forums. Sounds as if it’s all go at the ‘hook up’ site!

So people can see a bit more about you at a glance you could add a signature via the Control Panel, this will include your site on all your posts.

Good luck ‘drinking from the firehose.’

Sam

crawfordandy
    Up

Haha, ‘drinking from the firehose’, never heard that one before but I’m definitely going to use it!

Thanks Sam, I have updated my profile to include my signature. Great tip! :-)

Cheers,
    Andy.

John Mason
    • Total posts: 6
    Up

You’ve got some sort of problem with your log-in.
    I’ve just registered, verified and logged-in successfully, but each time I attempt to message about the e-books it first says I need to log-in even though I’m already logged-in, when I attempt to log-in again it takes me to another WP log-in panel, then I go around in a loop again.

DavidThomas
    • Total posts: 265
    Up

Just checked the site, took like 15 second for it to load – that’s pretty long.

crawfordandy
    Up

John, David, thank you both for the feedback.

We are experiencing some issues on the server side at the minute. We are working hard to get it resolved though.

Thank you for bringing this to my attention! Definitely not a the way it’s meant to work!

ryanmclean
    Up

Glad to hear things are going on well. I checked it out and only a few listings at the moment.

You might want to think about being able to add in things like
    – What the business is willing to pay to get the job done
    – What equity share they are willing to give up if that’s what they want (a business partner)

How do you plan to monetize the site?

crawfordandy
    Up
    ryanmclean, post: 164554 wrote:
    Glad to hear things are going on well. I checked it out and only a few listings at the moment.

You might want to think about being able to add in things like
    – What the business is willing to pay to get the job done
    – What equity share they are willing to give up if that’s what they want (a business partner)

How do you plan to monetize the site?

Thanks for the feedback Ryan.

Yeah, just a few listings at present but we’re in the very early stages (only 2 weeks in). We’ve got 30+ active users already and we’re getting more and more traffic every day so things are looking really positive.

In terms of equity share, it’s a great question. We’re in the process of putting together some more information on the site about how the partnership should be set-up and some basic things to be mindful of when establishing a business relationship.

As for the specifics however, that will depend on the particular business and I wouldn’t want to get too prescriptive with it. You make a good point though, it’s definitely something that we will look to provide more guidelines on.

In terms of monetization, we have a number of plans for the future, but at present we really want to concentrate on growing the community and developing the platform in line with the feedback we receive. In any case, we intend to always keep the service free to use (or at least freemium), so the money will be coming from other avenues.

I appreciate your questions though. It really helps to have good quality feedback and someone to ask the difficult questions!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.