Home – New Forums Face-to-face meetups & events February gettogether Sydney FS

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    seb
    • Total posts: 35
    Up
    ::

Although I’m a very new FS member, I think I might just turn up… how do I know who’s who when I get there?

Jake@EmroyPrint
    • Total posts: 1,117
    Up

Oh and by the way Burgo, I do the printing for quite a few harbor cruise companies… Let me know if you want some names.

Regards

peppie
    • Total posts: 525
    Up

I will need to bow out of this get together, too many things in the (kids) diary!

In fact I am probably going to have a problem with almost any night of the week except maybe Monday for much of the year.

Aidan
    • Total posts: 1,125
    Up

I’m not going to make this gathering unfortunately as I have just had a major project dropped on my lap.

Dang it – I was looking forward to meeting some of the soloists over a beer or three.

Dardee
    • Total posts: 430
    Up

How many are we likely to have?

Burgo
    Participant
    • Total posts: 2,104
    Up

There is a table booked in the name of FLYING SOLO, at 6.00pm Wednesday 3rd for 12 to 15 people so hopefully we will be able to fill this and more so would appreciate you all coming

Im starting to get a thirst already

Breana
    • Total posts: 2
    Up

Hello all!

Thanks for organising this get together Burgo. I’d love to come along and meet some more Soloists, I’ll see if I can get another Soloist to come along too! Glad I caught this post just in time!!

Beer and friends, here we come!

Breana Bunce

damian
    • Total posts: 6
    Up
    Burgo, post: 25591 wrote:
    There is a table booked in the name of FLYING SOLO, at 6.00pm Wednesday 3rd for 12 to 15 people so hopefully we will be able to fill this and more so would appreciate you all coming

Im starting to get a thirst already

Hi all,

I too have just joined in the ‘nick’ of time and hope to see you tomorrow night.

Regards,

Damian

Dardee
    • Total posts: 430
    Up

Where is the best place to park if coming by car?

rbyrne
    • Total posts: 16
    Up

Sorry – only recently joined so can’t make James Squires tonight due to other commitments.

Would be interested in the Harbour Cruise though – sounds good

cheers
    Roger

Burgo
    Participant
    Up

Thank you those that turned up last night, again making it a very enjoyable evening. Yes there were eight of us several very newbies, which made it even more enjoyable.

I realise there are a number of Sydney FS who are unable to meet on a week night, so we might try having monthly get to gethers One month on a Friday evening and the other month on a Wednesday evening.

We will use James Squires for our monthly meetings and make it the first week of the month.

Let me know how you feel about this idea.

peppie
    • Total posts: 525
    Up

Mr Burgo

I hate to throw a spanner in, but it appears the only night of the week I am likely to be able to fit anything else into is a Monday night. Others may be in the same position since there doesn’t often seem to be any regular activities arranged for Monday nights.

Just my thought, whatever night though I will get there if I can.

Astrid
    • Total posts: 459
    Up

Great to hear that you had a good time yesterday, I am still recovering from my tooth extraction *ouch*

On the first Wed of the month I have another regular networking thing going on, I might come on a Friday night when I have time.

akagrp
    • Total posts: 315
    Up

Hello Patrick

Had a great time meeting some of the FS team, great idea to make it a regular monthly event

Given the duration of our jam yesterday may be worth considering adding a meal to it, what are others thoughts on this? as going by group yesterday we are not really big drinkers.

Again than you Patrick, and rest of group

Burgo
    Participant
    Up

We did think about having a different day for each month.

E.g. Monday – March
    Tuesday _ April
    Wednesday – May
    Thursday _ June
    Friday – July
    Monday – August.

To me it matters not which evening we choose, as long as it becomes a regular event and that Sydney FS can come along if they are able. I would love to see every one there every event but know that is not possible.

As far as food is concerned James Squire has a good menue only wish you had mentioned it.

The company of other Sydney FS is valuableand friendship are being created, and yes we did have a very good interesting and at times lively get to gether last night, and as usual missed my bus………..hahaha.
    Would not have missed the company for quids, was just great.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 44 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.