Home – New Forums Tell me straight… Feed back on a webpage for new ‘service’

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    JacquiPryor
    • Total posts: 2,344
    Up
    ::

Hi All,

Our office has added a service to our existing services specifically aimed at persons in the Graphic Design/Brand Creation areas.

Quote:
    Important: Please read guidelines fully before posting, particularly if this is your first time. If looking for answers, start with a search of past topics. We review posts daily; have ‘no-follow’ attributes on external links and remove SPAM or unfriendly & disrespectful posts immediately.
    ‘Community Reviews’: How things work around here.
    We invite you to canvas the views of the community on your OWN website, business idea, strategy or concept. If the community likes what you’re doing they’ll tell you. The opposite is also true, so be brave!

The more effort you put into your post, the more meaningful the feedback will be. For this reason, please ‘copy and paste’ the following questions into your post, along with your responses:

1. What needs reviewing?

New web page at existing website –
    http://completeip.com.au/Reseller.php

2. What does your business do?
    We provide trademark registration services, consultation & advice.

3. Who is your target market?
    For this particular page- graphic designers, brand creators and similar professionals who may be interested in outsourcing of trademark related services.

4. What specific concerns do you have?

Needing to know that the information is clear enough for persons with interest to understand what we are offering;

5. Other
    Generally, if the page is reviewed by anyone in the ‘target market’ – would this be something of interest? If not, why not? – Is there something we can do to improve the concept?

Thanks everyone

victorng
    • Total posts: 626
    Up

Hey Jacqui,

You may want to also say that you’ll provide resellers with support material (forms, guides, etc) that they can use with their clients. May be a good value add to point out and also make prospects feel more comfortable with white labeling in an area that is quite technical/they’re not familiar with.

Would be interesting to hear how this model works for you. The creatives I work with generally aren’t interested in an additional revenue stream and just want a referral point.

Cheers,
    Victor

eCoverBox
    • Total posts: 46
    Up

Hi Jaqui

I read through your post and your webpage. I must admit I am totally confused:confused:

I own a web/graphic design company (ecoverbox.com) and have several white label partnerships where we create designs for other companies’ clients…I’m sure you know what white label means.

What I don’t understand is how the process works with ContactIP. Are you sending referrals or are you offering a white label partnership where everything goes through your company and you take a commission? What are the terms?

Would appreciate if you could shed some light as it is not very clear to me.

Sam

JacquiPryor
    Up
    eCoverBox, post: 86569 wrote:
    Hi Jaqui

I read through your post and your webpage. I must admit I am totally confused:confused:

I own a web/graphic design company (ecoverbox.com) and have several white label partnerships where we create designs for other companies’ clients…I’m sure you know what white label means.

What I don’t understand is how the process works with ContactIP. Are you sending referrals or are you offering a white label partnership where everything goes through your company and you take a commission? What are the terms?

Would appreciate if you could shed some light as it is not very clear to me.

Sam

HI Sam – thanks so much for your post – just the response I needed actually. The whole ‘idea’ makes perfect sense to me but was worried it wouldn’t make sense to visitors of the site… I will work on that, in the mean time:

Yes, it is in essence a white label relationship. Rather than ‘take a commission’ we would charge a lower/wholesale type fee to those we have the relationship with, rather than our standard fee.

To further explain:

What we are proposing is those of you in the design industry offer to your clients the ability to protect their logos and designs through trademark registration (i.e. you add a service that you may not already offer your clients); the ‘work’ involved in registering that trademark is outsourced to us at Complete IP and we do it for you so, unless there are issues during the registration process, your clients consider you have provided them with the additional service; Our office has standard fees we charge to clients for services we provide, under this ‘plan’, we would bill ‘you’ the design company, at a lower rate than our standard fees. You then on-bill your client at what ever you deem appropriate, thus generating income for you whilst we do the work behind the scenes.

I hope that clarifies. If you could let me know whether that explains further or if the confusion is still there, and if clearer now – is it something you think designers would have interest in it would be truly appreciated. I will come back and re-post once a revised version is up.

Thanks again

JacquiPryor
    Up
    victorng, post: 86561 wrote:
    Hey Jacqui,

You may want to also say that you’ll provide resellers with support material (forms, guides, etc) that they can use with their clients. May be a good value add to point out and also make prospects feel more comfortable with white labeling in an area that is quite technical/they’re not familiar with.

Would be interesting to hear how this model works for you. The creatives I work with generally aren’t interested in an additional revenue stream and just want a referral point.

Cheers,
    Victor

Hi Victor – thanks for your feedback! Yes, I think some additional info re support material is a great idea and will work on that and post again once the page is updated.

In light of Sam’s reply, being in the graphic design industry, I obviously need to work on the page/information a bit… As I wrote the copy, it makes perfect sense to me.. I know what I am talking about, but would be really good if others did too :)

We actually “kind of” have this model in operation already, but just not a publicly promoted version, which we have now decided to promote (hence the addition of the web page)… It’s come about as we have several clients who are designers and have done their trademark work and just through discussion with them about the importance of such it has kind of evolved. So far, it works well with the few that have ‘signed’ up for it.

But, as you mention, often there is more interest in having a point of referral that the designer knows their client will be looked after etc so we certainly have a referral system in the mix as well.

Thanks again, will keep you posted.

Past-Member
    • Total posts: 1,815
    Up

Solos have stretched time as it is, so for me, a referral basis would work better than taking control of all the IP.

The problem is with referrals – often they go to the person you refer, but don’t say who originally referred them, and then that contact is lost.

It would be good to have a system that you could track who were the referred clients and where they came from.

Or maybe the designers could list the people they referred to your company somewhere online where only you can view, and then you can cross check.

Just some thoughts.

Cheers.

JacquiPryor
    Up

UPDATE:

Hi All – same questions as the original post; have made some changes that I hope make it generally clearer and more understood. (Have also renamed as “Designers Program” rather than “Resellers”)

Would appreciate updated feedback greatly.

With Thanks,

JacquiPryor
    Up

Thanks Karen – good thinking. I like this concept also. – Perhaps, rather than refer the client directly, we could suggest that the referral comes to us to contact the client, rather than other way around.. Quick email just says “Hi, can you please contact my client XXXX to discuss their IP” etc… much easier way to track the referrals I would imagine.

Thanks again for your thoughts, greatly appreciated.

Newleaf Exchange
    • Total posts: 95
    Up

Hi, I have read this topic and then went to yuor page so I knew what to look for. After reading your page I felt that it explined what you do quite well. I did not know about this subject before but know I know what you are talking about if that gives an indication of the clarity.

Hope it works well for you.

Past-Member
    • Total posts: 1,815
    Up

Further to my thoughts above

(Solos have stretched time as it is, so for me, a referral basis would work better than taking control of all the IP.

The problem is with referrals – often they go to the person you refer, but don’t say who originally referred them, and then that contact is lost.)

I like the idea of you contacting the client better, copying to the designer so that the client knew you knew about it.

I wouldn’t want to pretend to know about IP and take on that responsibility myself (and clients would be asking questions I couldn’t answer legally), so I would prefer a referral system if the system could be worked out correctly.

Cheers.

eCoverBox
    • Total posts: 46
    Up

Hi Jacqui

Is it possible for you to give a rough idea what your charges are for this service.

In my experience, businesses don’t really care much about protecting their logos unless they are high-end market….So you are probably targetting a small, limited market.

victorng
    • Total posts: 626
    Up
    eCoverBox, post: 86706 wrote:
    In my experience, businesses don’t really care much about protecting their logos unless they are high-end market….So you are probably targetting a small, limited market.

Umm, no. That’s not my experience.

JacquiPryor
    Up
    eCoverBox, post: 86706 wrote:
    Hi Jacqui

Is it possible for you to give a rough idea what your charges are for this service.

Hi Sam,

I have to agree with Victor’s comments, that’s not my experience either. I think most businesses care about protecting their Intellectual Property, including trademarks but a lot think it’s out of their reach or budget. In my personal opinion, the whole subject of “intellectual property protection” is foreign to a lot of people and the more people understand the benefits and importance of an effective protection strategy the better.

In any event, trademarks are registered in connection with the goods/services they are used to distinguish/brand, and all goods/services fall into ‘classes’ for the purpose of registration (there are 45 of these classes in total) – and fees are dependent on how many are required so it’s a bit tricky to provide a true indication of costs to be expected.

If all goes smoothly throughout the process, a ‘one class’ trademark under this designer program would incur fees in the area of $763-$1060 (versus standard fees in the area of $1090-$1515 as a guide to what you could then charge clients); these fees are spread of two or three stages, and over around 7 months so not all up front. Once a trademark is registered, it remains in force for 10 years, Australia Wide and can be renewed each 10 years.

To put a different perspective to the fee, when you break down the above, even based on our standard charge of the $1515 fee above not the ‘wholesale rates’ – this works out to around 40 cents a day to ensure that the client has the right to use their ‘trademark’, and generally control it’s use and avoid the potential headache and cost of someone else registering first, or someone generally using a similar name/logo in trade and not having the trademark registration to rely on to stop them.

The wholesale/program subject of this thread, based on the $1060 fee quoted above would work out then to about 29 cents a day, which is not much more than a business name that is usually registered over a three year period and offers no ‘ownership’ or ‘right’ to the particular name!

I hope the above helps… thanks for contributing to this thread – your first post was particularly helpful and is truly appreciated.

Let me know if you need further info/clarification to the above, or I can email you some further information if you like?

Thanks,

DigitalDomination
    • Total posts: 184
    Up

I won’t get into the copy side of things as there’s already comments there, but your page lacks some fundamental things;

1. Your phone number. This should be easy to find (and from every page so generally good to have it on your header).

2. Too many required fields in your email form. Is it absolutely neccessary for people to tell you how they found you? If your web designer suggested that then they should learn how to use Google Analytics – or even better, show you how to use it. That question shouldn’t be on any website EVER.

JacquiPryor
    Up

Hi digital domination

Thanks for your feedback! We maintain our own pages and like to track how people came to find us – this seems the easiest way… Although, I can certainly make it not a required field whilst we look into Google Analytics etc. Thanks!

Obviously our phone number is on our main contact page etc, but will put it on that page specifically too – thanks again :)

Will have to work on/look into putting it into the header so it’s easy to see on each page when you navigate through, as this might be a little out of my comfort zone – but, definitely think it’s a good idea and will be looked into.

Cheers.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.