Home – New Forums Tell me straight… Feed back on design work please :)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    jezz1988
    • Total posts: 35
    Up
    ::

Hey all, I’d like some feed back on my design work, and my business website, opinions on how i should layout my folio page is welcome.

https://www.facebook.com/JPCallanDesigns

http://jpcallandesigns.com

OneArmedGraphics
    • Total posts: 314
    Up

Hi Jeremy. You have some strong work within the folio with some obvious talent with Illustrator/vectors.

Homepage not so good:

• Not enough contrast in Palette
    • Doesn’t pass the squint test,
    • Too much whitespace, not enough balace or contrast in shape.

I feel the font for logo and homepage needs a lot more thickness to cope with a variety of output mediums, for screen I think it’s too thin.

Colour scheme: With the Greens we really need a contrast to give life to the page as with the text only design my brain can’t start it’s usual lazy speed-reading as I see no visual cues to differentiate important between elements.

I see great vibrancy in your folio, and feel you are too tame elsewhere.

Hope this isn’t harsh for you, and g’luck with it :)
    Robbie

jezz1988
    Up

Thank you, I appreciate the feed back :).

Divert To Mobile
    • Total posts: 2,751
    Up

I really like your logo – it looks classy, and think the fb page looks alright.
    the website link returned Error establishing a database connection
    Im guessing your site is being renovated.

You may want to research how to use .htaccess (server side) and hosts file (local side) to see how you can make site changes discretely without the rest of the world seeing that your site under construction or renovation.

Steve

bluepenguin
    • Total posts: 1,026
    Up

If you don’t mind a bit of constructive criticism, I’d ask they guys at http://www.graphicdesignforum.com/

They can be a little harsh, but they generally know what they’re talking about.

jezz1988
    Up
    Divert To Mobile, post: 122252 wrote:
    I really like your logo – it looks classy, and think the fb page looks alright.
    the website link returned Error establishing a database connection
    Im guessing your site is being renovated.

You may want to research how to use .htaccess (server side) and hosts file (local side) to see how you can make site changes discretely without the rest of the world seeing that your site under construction or renovation.

Steve

Cheers for the feed back im currently changing my site to a wordpress site, just think its a good starting point instead of coding and designing a website from scratch.

Divert To Mobile
    • Total posts: 2,751
    Up

wordpress have an under construction plugin which you activate when your updating your page so it doesnt show gibberish to people when they visit.
    Might be handy

Steve

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.