Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Feedback about Facebook Competition

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Toby.S
    • Total posts: 1
    Up
    ::

Hey All,

Just looking for some feedback about a Facebook Competition for my business that I am looking to run leading up to Mother’s Day. My site sells babycare products therefore my target audience on Facebook is women aged 18-60. This way I include mums while also possible siblings/grandmothers.

Competition Date: 23rd April – 12th May (winner drawn day before Mother’s Day)

The Competition will be advertised through Facebook Ads. Updates will be provided on the sites blog (will be links to said blog on Facebook Page)

Entry: Upon completion of a order on the site customers will be emailed a unique code. If a customer makes multiple orders during the competition then they will be emailed another unique code (i.e customers can have multiple entries).

I have still not made a final decision on how to randomize the selection of the winning code. I do not want anyone to think that it is not randomized etc. Therefore one idea I had was for a female colleague of mine to draw the winning code from a bowl while on film, then post the film to Blog and Facebook. Will also email the winner as I understand that in order to abide by Facebook Competition Regulations I cannot publicly announce the winner on Facebook Wall.

The three goals I have set for this competition are:

1. Increase our Facebook likes
    2. Add to our email newsletter subscriber base
    3. Increase sales

I have most likely left out some information so please leave any questions below!

Thanks in advance,
    Toby
    http://www.mynappies.com.au

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi Toby,

Nice to meet you, and thanks for posting your query.

We tend to find that the community is most likely to share their expertise with you after they’ve gotten to know you a little, so I’d encourage you to head over to the New member? Introduce yourself section of the forums and tell us a little about yourself and your business.

Welcome to the gang :)
    Jayne

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi Toby,

Nice to meet you, and thanks for posting your query.

We tend to find that the community is most likely to share their expertise with you after they’ve gotten to know you a little, so I’d encourage you to head over to the New member? Introduce yourself section of the forums and tell us a little about yourself and your business.

Welcome to the gang :)
    Jayne

marnieb
    • Total posts: 159
    Up

Hi Toby,

Are the codes just made up of numbers, or a mixture of numbers and letters? If it’s just numbers, you could use something like http://www.random.org. To prove the result was randomly generated, you could consider taking a screenshot of the result on random.org and posting it to the Facebook page, saying that you’ll be in touch with the person who holds that particular code…

Toby.S, post: 113473 wrote:
    Hey All,

Just looking for some feedback about a Facebook Competition for my business that I am looking to run leading up to Mother’s Day. My site sells babycare products therefore my target audience on Facebook is women aged 18-60. This way I include mums while also possible siblings/grandmothers.

The Competition will be advertised through Facebook Ads. Updates will be provided on the sites blog (will be links to said blog on Facebook Page)

Entry: Upon completion of a order on the site customers will be emailed a unique code. If a customer makes multiple orders during the competition then they will be emailed another unique code (i.e customers can have multiple entries).

I have still not made a final decision on how to randomize the selection of the winning code. I do not want anyone to think that it is not randomized etc. Therefore one idea I had was for a female colleague of mine to draw the winning code from a bowl while on film, then post the film to Blog and Facebook. Will also email the winner as I understand that in order to abide by Facebook Competition Regulations I cannot publicly announce the winner on Facebook Wall.

3. Increase sales

I have most likely left out some information so please leave any questions below!

Thanks in advance,
    Toby

marnieb
    • Total posts: 159
    Up

Hi Toby,

Are the codes just made up of numbers, or a mixture of numbers and letters? If it’s just numbers, you could use something like http://www.random.org. To prove the result was randomly generated, you could consider taking a screenshot of the result on random.org and posting it to the Facebook page, saying that you’ll be in touch with the person who holds that particular code…

Toby.S, post: 113473 wrote:
    Hey All,

3. Increase sales

Thanks in advance,
    Toby

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.