Home – New Forums Selling online Feedback for my new store please

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Lildukesndivas
    • Total posts: 12
    Up
    ::

Im not too internet Savvy, but Im doing the best I can on a budget and with limited resources. I am paying for advertising on Facebook as it seems to be the only way 1. people see my posts at all and 2. To get the sales.

If anyone is interested taking a look at my social media and website for any ideas of what I should NOT be doing that would be very greatful.

http://www.facebook.com/lildukesndivas

http://www.instagram.com/lildukesndivas

http://www.twitter.com/lildukesndivas

http://www.lildukesndivas.com

I would just people to see if there are any changes I could make to make the customers experience better or any tips on what I could do to make it successful. I don’t understand the way google works so I am not getting much feed from the internet only from facebook which I prefer to do most business anyway.

Byron Trzeciak
    Participant
    • Total posts: 423
    Up

Hi There LilDuke,

What is your return on investment for Facebook advertising? Is it worth your time?

When landing on your page my first questions was what exactly does this business do? You should make this bold “gorgeous couture and childrens merchandise” and make it stand out on the page so when I land I know what I’m looking at.

Many clothing stores often offer an image that says “for men” or “for woman” in your case you might want have two selections underneath your header that says “for divas” or “for dukes” with pictures of a young boy and girl so it makes sense on what I should click on to find what I want. The menu is really complicated and overwhelming.

You might also want to add featured items to your home page so that it also provides a selection of goods to view from your home page.

I went into four of five menu options only to find that no product was found.

Your biggest issue is how people will find your store without paying for advertising. Your website will not perform in search engines as your product pages are thin i.e. little text and content, and there is no content development occurring anywhere else on the site such as a blog etc.

In terms of your Facebook page your aim should always be to bring traffic back to your website. I can see you use the link sometimes but whenever you’re highlight a product I’d put your URL too to ensure anybody interested goes to the exact page to view additional information.

Hope this helps.

bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,485
    Up

First there is no contact accept for an email address, most people want to see a phone number, name and postal address, are you a real person.

A quick search of ASIC and I cant find your business listed as a registered busines or as owning an ABN. May be wrong but when I put “Lil Dukes & Divas” in the search it shows them as removed. I wont buy are you a real person

Half your drop down lists indicate no products, sorry you just lost me again, and I wont be back, if you dont have product I’m not wasting my time checking every couple of days.

JohnW
    • Total posts: 2,642
    Up

Hi Lildukes,
    You are basically asking a forum to provide you with a full website and search market audit and to recommend an Internet marketing plan.

That is way too much to expect within the limitations of a forum and the free time people can offer.

With your limited budget, I suggest you need to spend time on your own education so you can better assess what you need to do. Here are my suggested starting points.

There are only two critical steps with online marketing:

1. You need to deliver your information to new or existing customers
    2. You need to convince them to act (buy your products).

1. Delivering your Info to Customers
    As you are a new business, your initial focus needs to be on attracting new customers.

Generally speaking, search engines (SEs) are better at delivering new customers than social media sites.

Attracting visitors from SEs can be segmented into:

• Generic or free SE referrals
    • Paid ads in search results

Start with the generic or free SE referrals. This is your educational starting point:
    Google Search Engine Optimization Starter Guide

When you read this, you will find there is a lot you can do to improve your current website’s generic SE referrals.

If you decide to go down the adword pathway, the recommendations in the SEO guide should also help you.

The first search engine referral issue you should consider is your product range.

Everything else being equal your site will attract more generic search engine referrals, the more search topic specific it is. I.e. If you only offer products for male children you should attract more generic site visitors than one that offers products for male children, female children and their mothers. This is not to say you change your product range. What I am saying is that your product diversity will mean you need to do more than if you were a single product category site.

2. Convincing Site Visitors to Act
    This is a very complex issue and I can’t offer a single resource. Basically, you don’t ask or incentivise people to act.

I can also tell you that you need to design your site from the bottom up, not the top down.

Whether you are using generic SE referrals or ads in social media or search engines, you need to provide relevant landing pages for your ads or generic search.

Example: Your “Dukes” page: collections/dukes

No one is going to search for “dukes”. They may search for “boys” +other words. Get rid of the cute “dukes” jargon and use real words. The same with “divas”.

“Sort by” IMHO, this is the dumbest and possibly the most damaging function introduced by shopping cart software.

3. All Page Content
    There is certain info that must be visible on every web page as people could arrive at any of your site’s pages. This includes:

• Who you are
    • Your logo
    • What you do
    • Where you offer it
    • What action you want people to take

You don’t do this. All you give us is the business name and a misleading conundrum about part of what you do. (Dukes and divas.)

You have a major learning curve. I suggest you go through a lot of the old Flying Solo posts about e-commerce.
    Good luck,
    Regs,
    JohnW

Lildukesndivas
    • Total posts: 12
    Up

Thankyou everyone for your input, gives me a lot to work on. I appreciate all your constructive feedback and will start putting your feedback to good use.

Little Birdie Marketing
    • Total posts: 32
    Up

Hi!

You are doing a good job! Don’t forget that….yes, there is a lot to take in and learn and so many avenues to go down but I totally understand the limitations.

I started an online store from scratch (ran it on FB and then moved to a website) – I sold that business two months ago. If you would like to contact me, I will be able to help out where I can.

:)

Jenny Spring
    • Total posts: 597
    Up
    Lildukesndivas, post: 198299 wrote:
    Im not too internet Savvy, but Im doing the best I can on a budget and with limited resources. I am paying for advertising on Facebook as it seems to be the only way 1. people see my posts at all and 2. To get the sales.

If anyone is interested taking a look at my social media and website for any ideas of what I should NOT be doing that would be very greatful.

http://www.facebook.com/lildukesndivas

http://www.instagram.com/lildukesndivas

http://www.twitter.com/lildukesndivas

http://www.lildukesndivas.com

I would just people to see if there are any changes I could make to make the customers experience better or any tips on what I could do to make it successful. I don’t understand the way google works so I am not getting much feed from the internet only from facebook which I prefer to do most business anyway.

Hi from Perth Vicky!

Your website is pretty good, I like it, and although there are some tweaks I’d make, you’ve got good structure.

If you are running Facebook ads — great! Facebook is proving to be a fantastic platform for targetted segmented ads and I’m having excellent success for many customers; There are some rules though.

1. don’t waste your money boosting a post
    2. don’t waste your money on likes — it is almost impossible to convert them to sales
    3. if your ads are driving people to your website — again – throwing money away

The best way to capitalise on your Facebook ads is to build your email list, and then market that way. It is definitely the best shoestring marketing way to do it.

you can build the ads once, build the landing page once, build a series of emails (usualy 5-6) and load them up, and then turn on and off the ads whenever you want. It works very well.

Please don’t waste time like one of my customers, who built her facebook page to 52,000, and isn’t making any money.

Jenny

Byron Trzeciak
    Participant
    • Total posts: 423
    Up
    Jenny Spring, post: 198392 wrote:
    Your website is pretty good, I like it, and although there are some tweaks I’d make, you’ve got good structure.

I disagree, the structure needs some work. You might mean from a menu or human perspective Jenny and I can see some improvements have been made already. However I mean in terms of search engine optimisation your site will likely still struggle.

Let’s take a look at this url for example
    http://www.lildukesndivas.com/collections/girls/products/animal-print-pre-walker

The url itself will struggle to be found, “collections” and “products” are fairly generic meaningless. A nice URL structure might look something like this

http://www.lildukesndivas.com/children-clothing/girls/animal-shoes-print-pre-walker

So your website might then be able to target searches such as “children animal shoes” or “girls animal shoes” or “childen clothing girls”. Again I don’t know what the best terms are for your website but hopefully this gets the point across.

1. don’t waste your money boosting a post
    2. don’t waste your money on likes — it is almost impossible to convert them to sales
    3. if your ads are driving people to your website — again – throwing money away

You need to be careful with this if you don’t have the data to form the right answer. I don’t disagree with Jenny as I see many businesses wasting their money on Facebook advertising. If you’re running an ecommerce store the first thing you need to do is start tracking sales and conversions (i.e when some one buys you product) by setting up google analytic goals.

If you do Facebook advertising you need to assign the url in your advert a unique code so that you can track the visitor when it arrives to your website. In doing so you’ll be able to see how many visitors your site received, from your advertising, and how many of those visitors converted into business showing you your return.

The best way to capitalise on your Facebook ads is to build your email list, and then market that way. It is definitely the best shoestring marketing way to do it.

Jenny is correct in that email marketing in any business is important however in eCommerce I feel is especially critical. So many online stores are struggling for numerous reasons but mostly it’s because they lack any ability to bring traffic to their website organically or secondly because they don’t have any email addresses to market newsletters or targeted content towards.

Does your checkout process send email addresses to a mailing list?

Please don’t waste time like one of my customers, who built her facebook page to 52,000, and isn’t making any money.

Absolutely, don’t do this. This is why I asked you how much you’re spending on your marketing spend. It’s likely not huge but be aware of how much you’re spending. You might be better investing that money in someone to help you reach your goals.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.