Home – New Forums Starting your journey Feedback on business name

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    asap2004
    • Total posts: 36
    Up
    ::

Hi all,

I’ve been trying to come up with a business name for far too long and I’d like some feedback from those who know better than me ;-)

I’ll be selling orthotic shoes for young, fashionable women and have come up with “Lur K” based on the word “lurk” which is what the orthotic is doing inside these trendy shoes.

When it first popped into my head I thought it was perfect but after sleeping on it I keep thinking it sounds like either a lingerie store or a soap product! I wanted something obscure but modern.

I’d love to hear your opinions on this. Thanks so much.

TheGoldenGoose
    • Total posts: 860
    Up

Hello!

Go with your gut on this one.

Lurk also has some peeping Tom kind of connotations.

I think the concept/thinking behind it is quite cool, just think the execution could use some work.

Good luck and let me know if you need to chat it through :)

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi asap2004,

Good on you for being open to suggestions from others. It’s always great to have some additional brain cells apply themselves when you’re stuck, isn’t it.

I’m afraid I’m with Leah, and that name is a bit creepy to me.

Fingers crossed the right one turns up soon,
    Jayne

Brent@Ontrax
    • Total posts: 336
    Up

I recently spent hours/days trying to come up with a New Software/Application Name and was sent a link to this Word Generator website (http://www.word-grabber.com/) which allowed me to type in my daughters names and it gave me hundreds of real word options, which I then investigated the words I liked to check there meaning and availability.

Hope this helps.
    Brent.

asap2004
    Up

Lol Jayne, creepy wouldn’t be very conducive to encouraging sales I suppose!

Leah, I’d love to chat. I have a self-imposed deadline on naming this thing and I’m not getting anywhere! I’ll email you.

Thanks guys!

Sign Here Graphix
    • Total posts: 32
    Up

What about something like Step Right or Right Step?

Aren’t orthotics about getting people walking properly?

Just thinking out aloud.

kate @ clik clik
    • Total posts: 10
    Up

Yes, I have to admit Lurk doesn’t strike me as quite right for pretty women’s shoes!

It’s a bit dark and kind of an ‘ugly’ word, just from the sound even, if you know what I mean? I think the idea is great though!

Hmm maybe something like Secret Soles? Sole Sisters?

Naming is hard….but fun :)

All the best!

asap2004
    Up

Thanks for chipping in with your suggestions everyone! You make naming a business sound so easy – how come I didn’t come up with any of those???

I’m glad I finally asked for help on here because it’s led me to contact the right people to hopefully set me on the right path. Go Flying Solo ;)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.