Home Forums Tell me straight… Feedback on doing corporate workshops?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    PowerofWords
    • Total posts: 179
    Up

Hi everyone,
    I am thinking of adding to my services. As I’ve enjoyed editing, teaching and blogging, I had the idea of facilitating corporate workshops for writing content (by non-marketing staff members). So the staff not used to doing blogs could add their expertise, with personality.

Would this go best in person and with some kind of presentation? (Not sure if online would be the best, since the message may be lost in working out the audio / internet glitches?)
    How would I get some contacts that might be interested, since it is not my main stream of services and therefore is not on my profiles? I don’t mind paying a bit for ads.
    After a trial, what kind of price would be appropriate? (I literally have no idea)

Thanking you for any experienced advice in this area.

Corey
    • Total posts: 568
    Up

Create a business plan and conduct market research.

Cheers
    Corey

Dave Gillen – Former FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 2,565
    Up

Hi Jennifer,

I would look at the companies you’ve worked with in the past, make a case study out of one of them, send it out to some similar companies (the more similar the better) and offer to teach their staff to do the same.

Instead of guessing the format, you could ask them which format they’d prefer (make a couple of suggestions).

Start with 2 hour or half-day workshop, so it’s a smaller commitment maybe?
    Once you’ve done one, you can use that as your case study for the next one.

It’s a way to test the feedback to your idea before you go ahead and rebrand or update your website. Good luck!

Dave

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.