Home Forums Selling online Feedback on new website

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Eunimity_92
    • Total posts: 19

Hello everyone,

I was hoping I could get some feedback on my website I’ve put together for selling products. The business will be providing journals and books along with other relevant products. However, at present the main focus will be a journal that I’ve had recently had manufactured. I plan on launching this site for selling and marketing purposes either today or tomorrow.

Irrespective of the niche, I appreciate hearing any constructive feedback. Thank you!

website below:
    https://eunimity.com.au/

Rowan@quaotic
    Participant
    • Total posts: 712

I love your journal and the website is pretty good.

I would like to see more personal contact details on your contact page, such as your phone number (don’t worry, hardly anyone will call, but it makes your site seem safer) and ABN. It looks much more professional.

I really like to see an ‘about us’ page on any site I visit, with your photo. Personalising your site makes people feel more in touch with you.

You might like to think of a call to action on your home page. At the moment it looks fine but it doesn’t say “Quick, you need this, buy now”. it just says ” here are products, if you have the energy to do it then you can look at these things if you want”.

Eunimity_92
    Rowan@quaotic, post: 271374, member: 28171 wrote:
    I love your journal and the website is pretty good.

I would like to see more personal contact details on your contact page, such as your phone number (don’t worry, hardly anyone will call, but it makes your site seem safer) and ABN. It looks much more professional.

I really like to see an ‘about us’ page on any site I visit, with your photo. Personalising your site makes people feel more in touch with you.

You might like to think of a call to action on your home page. At the moment it looks fine but it doesn’t say “Quick, you need this, buy now”. it just says ” here are products, if you have the energy to do it then you can look at these things if you want”.

ooo this is great! Thanks for the feedback! Yes personal information is something I wanted add. For example “about the founder” and “about us”. I have an about us page I’m currently working on it just needs some refinement.

The abn would be good too would prove legitimacy, ill look at adding that somewhere.

bengtan
    • Total posts: 12

Hi,

Website looks good. Just a couple of nitpicks came to mind.

Your slider texts ‘A Tool for Self-Discovery …’, ‘Aesthetic Design …’ is hard to see/read because of the image background. (See screenshots.)

Maybe either add a drop shadow to those texts, or else, put a semi-opaque dark/black/grey rectangle between the text and the image background?

The currency changer at the bottom/footer of the website … is easily overlooked.

For example, if I’m at one of your purchase pages:

https://eunimity.com.au/products/the-mini-introspection-reflection-journal

and it say’s ‘$14.95’ … I wouldn’t know that there’s a currency changer. Maybe the currency changer should be in the purchase form itself?

Also, depending on your audience, you might want to show the currency ‘AUD 14.95’, ‘USD 14.95’, etc.

Hope this helps!

RMD
    • Total posts: 15

hi
    the legal pages etc,contact term returns should be in the footer [junk drawer as its called] not in main nav

with your newsletter sign up give them an incentive, lead magnet in exchange for their email, maybe a mini email series of your book

definitely would add social proof, you have amazon with the book, can you get any testimonials, visually display the success of your client, happy pics of people your product and the problems they solved

your site is new so if you want to later do this , as a visitor to a site i always look for articles , blog that can assure me of your authority to meet my expectations and solve my internal problems for how that product can help me

bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,485

Sorry I don’t like it, besides everything that [USER=28171]@Rowan@quaotic[/USER] has already mentioned which are my standards beefs.

You have a PRODUCTS tab, with one product.

You have a link to the privacy website which I need to cut and pastre to get to.

I read all your stuff, and besides one book, I have no idea what you are offering, or plan to offer

Your retiurns policy, so if you send me a faulty product, and out of generosity decide to refund me (sounds written that way), I am still responsible for the original postage and the return postage.

If using generic terms and services templates, you may want to read and verify that they match your website. Just one example ”Our Privacy Policy can be viewed at the bottom of the home page.”, It is not at the bottom of the home page. This may seem picky, but when people buy onloine they are looking for legitimate sites, it’s like spam emails, bad wording, incorrect info, dodgy site. Not saying yours is, as you are here I am assuming it’s legit. But someone finding your site, will have their dodgy radar turned on.

Maybe spend a few dollars and get a professional to build your website,

Eunimity_92
    bengtan, post: 271376, member: 14149 wrote:
    Hi,

Website looks good. Just a couple of nitpicks came to mind.

Your slider texts ‘A Tool for Self-Discovery …’, ‘Aesthetic Design …’ is hard to see/read because of the image background. (See screenshots.)

Maybe either add a drop shadow to those texts, or else, put a semi-opaque dark/black/grey rectangle between the text and the image background?

The currency changer at the bottom/footer of the website … is easily overlooked.

For example, if I’m at one of your purchase pages:

https://eunimity.com.au/products/the-mini-introspection-reflection-journal

and it say’s ‘$14.95’ … I wouldn’t know that there’s a currency changer. Maybe the currency changer should be in the purchase form itself?

Also, depending on your audience, you might want to show the currency ‘AUD 14.95’, ‘USD 14.95’, etc.

Hope this helps!

Ahh I see what you mean. I’m mainly making judgments form the mobile version since that’s where most of my customers will be search in by from.

mom the mobile version the test it’s actually blue and rests below the slideshow. Check images below.

Thanks for pointing this out. I need to optimise my website for desktop!

Eunimity_92
    RMD, post: 271377, member: 56218 wrote:
    hi
    the legal pages etc,contact term returns should be in the footer [junk drawer as its called] not in main nav

with your newsletter sign up give them an incentive, lead magnet in exchange for their email, maybe a mini email series of your book

definitely would add social proof, you have amazon with the book, can you get any testimonials, visually display the success of your client, happy pics of people your product and the problems they solved

your site is new so if you want to later do this , as a visitor to a site i always look for articles , blog that can assure me of your authority to meet my expectations and solve my internal problems for how that product can help me

Thank you for this feedback! Yes I did initially think that. However I’m not sure it’s going to look pretty having excessive text at the bottom of the home pages. I’m also worried it may slow down my web ping speed.

Yes I agree I aim to use some form of lead magnet just not sure as of yet what I would like to to provide. I have it at the bottom at the moment since I don’t want to resort to an annoying pop up.

Eunimity_92
    bb1, post: 271378, member: 53375 wrote:
    Sorry I don’t like it, besides everything that [USER=28171]@Rowan@quaotic[/USER] has already mentioned which are my standards beefs.

You have a PRODUCTS tab, with one product.

You have a link to the privacy website which I need to cut and pastre to get to.

I read all your stuff, and besides one book, I have no idea what you are offering, or plan to offer

Your retiurns policy, so if you send me a faulty product, and out of generosity decide to refund me (sounds written that way), I am still responsible for the original postage and the return postage.

If using generic terms and services templates, you may want to read and verify that they match your website. Just one example ”Our Privacy Policy can be viewed at the bottom of the home page.”, It is not at the bottom of the home page. This may seem picky, but when people buy onloine they are looking for legitimate sites, it’s like spam emails, bad wording, incorrect info, dodgy site. Not saying yours is, as you are here I am assuming it’s legit. But someone finding your site, will have their dodgy radar turned on.

Maybe spend a few dollars and get a professional to build your website,

Thank you for this feedback, much appreciated. Yes I need to improve my disclaimers and policy pages I just didn’t legalistic statements or excessive text until I was more so established socially. I’ve kept it simple for now.

As for the product tab this was one of my initial concerns too. I am just now releasing products so the catalogue is pending. I wanted to seperate product detailed information from the homepage so there wasn’t clutter.

Do you know of a recommended source to write up Policies of this sort?

Oh really? The Australian Privacy link works when I click on it. That must be a desktop issue I need to fix. I’ll move my privacy policy to the same page as my terms and services. Only problem is if I place it all on the homepage it page the site and require excess scrolling in order to read it.

RMD
    Eunimity_92, post: 271383, member: 112211 wrote:
    Thank you for this feedback! Yes I did initially think that. However I’m not sure it’s going to look pretty having excessive text at the bottom of the home pages. I’m also worried it may slow down my web ping speed.

Yes I agree I aim to use some form of lead magnet just not sure as of yet what I would like to to provide. I have it at the bottom at the moment since I don’t want to resort to an annoying pop up.
    ping speed? ,, lol who told you that

Eunimity_92
    RMD, post: 271390, member: 56218 wrote:
    ping speed? ,, lol who told you that
    I’ve experienced with previous websites wherein excess footer text reduced my web loading speed. Had to cut text and reduce image quality.
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total posts: 26

Running a business is hard. There are tools that make it easier. Such a tool is the CRM program. I myself in my company use Firmao software. This program makes it easy for me to manage my company. It makes it easier for me to connect with clients and that’s the most important thing. I can honestly recommend it. They even have their own website, so you can check them out

dandy2902
    Participant

Does it have any error? I can’t access the website.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.