Home – New Forums Tell me straight… Feedback on proposed logo and tag line!

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #973866
    dealflip.com.au
    Member
    • Total posts: 119
    Up
    0
    ::

    Hi Guys

    Thanks for viewing my thread. I’m part of a small team looking to go live with our B2B group buying site very soon.

    I’m sure most of you are probably not surprised with the creation of another group buying site due to the sheer fact that this space (group buying) is pretty much blowing up in Australia right now and hopefully into the future.

    In a nutshell we provide deals for small biz owners with products and services that will make a positive impact in their business -and of course these deals are at heavily discounted prices.

    We do this and more , there’s a twist or different path that we will approach compared to other biz group buying sites that have currently launched (or soon to launch) in Australia.

    This will all be revealed once we launch. So i’m basically here to get some feedback on both our proposed logo and potential tag lines that we want to use.

    Be honest in your opinions, but please be gentle : )

    So the name is obviously Sweet Business Deals – It’s the emotional aspect of sweet and not the cake and lollipop kind of sweet. For example Sweet! That’s a great deal .

    You can find the logo here:

    http://i1128.photobucket.com/albums/m494/SBD101/logo1.png

    Here are some taglines that we are tossing up between:

    “The sweetest deals to help you run and grow your business”

    “Deals that make you say SWEET!”

    “Deals that make small business owners say SWEET!”

    Thanks for all the help in advance, and if you manage to go on our site http://www.sweetbusinessdeals.com.au please ignore the bland subscription page thats made using mailchimp! Our dev team is working on getting a soft pre-launch page up soon – so watch this space.

    Thanks again for all the feedback!

    #1064670
    sixx
    Member
    • Total posts: 333
    Up
    0
    ::
    SweetBusinessDeals.com.au, post: 80076 wrote:
    there’s a twist or different path that we will approach

    This will all be revealed once we launch.

    Hi SBD,

    Without knowing the above and the ability to view your website it makes it a little difficult to comment on whether your identity operates in unison as whole.

    To comment on what you have given, I think your logo isn’t too bad but I feel the ‘sweet’ font and colour do have a candy shop look about it which isn’t what you are after. I like the colour combination (dependant on your site, printed material etc.) but if you were to change the colour red to something else it may take on a military feel as it is pretty much a military stencil style font. Have considered other font options for the word sweet?

    Then again, dependant on other elements of your idendity it may be perfect?

    Taglines I’m not sure.

    If I had to pick from your examples, I’d probably choose “Deals that make you say SWEET!” for no other reason than you could do this ….

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBvy3NeP7P8

    with this ..

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ib5H5auk-c

    Sorry, probably not much of a help.

    #1064671
    bluepenguin
    Member
    • Total posts: 1,026
    Up
    0
    ::

    I’m not a big fan of the logo.

    Although I like the that it’s big, bright and bold, it looks a bit amatuer and the price tag is a very overdone in this type of business.

    The font used for “Sweet!” is a little ugly, and doesn’t really communicate “Sweet!” in the context that you described. If you compare it to the Scoopon logo for instance, you’ll see that yours lacks the same sense of energy and emotion.

    I’d also make “Business Deals” much less prominant. I don’t really see any benefit in it being so large.

    It’s on the right track, but I think it needs some work.

    You can see the logo of pretty much every Aussie group buying site here:
    http://www.allthedeals.com.au/group-buying/group-buy-sites.html
    (You’ll get what I mean about the overuse of the price tag graphic)

    Not all are good, but it won’t hurt to compare yours to these to see if it stands out – for the right reasons.

    You name kind of reads like a great tagline, so you could get by without one if you wanted.

    Otherwise, I’d try a combo of your suggestions:
    “Growing your business just got sweeter” or
    “Running a business has never been so sweet.”
    Make sure to keep it short, snappy and memorable.

    Cheers,

    #1064672
    dealflip.com.au
    Member
    • Total posts: 119
    Up
    0
    ::
    sixx, post: 80079 wrote:
    Hi SBD,

    Without knowing the above and the ability to view your website it makes it a little difficult to comment on whether your identity operates in unison as whole.

    To comment on what you have given, I think your logo isn’t too bad but I feel the ‘sweet’ font and colour do have a candy shop look about it which isn’t what you are after. I like the colour combination (dependant on your site, printed material etc.) but if you were to change the colour red to something else it may take on a military feel as it is pretty much a military stencil style font. Have considered other font options for the word sweet?

    Then again, dependant on other elements of your idendity it may be perfect?

    Taglines I’m not sure.

    If I had to pick from your examples, I’d probably choose “Deals that make you say SWEET!” for no other reason than you could do this ….

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBvy3NeP7P8

    with this ..

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ib5H5auk-c

    Sorry, probably not much of a help.

    Hi Sixx you really helped us immensely – thanks for the honest feedback. We were really 50/50 on the font and colour scheme we are looking at different alternatives as we speak – were trying to stay away from the candy shop feel!

    Thanks for the links it was great to see and of course hear : ) We really want to play on that emoitional aspect of SWEET!

    The team is now leaning towards – Deals that make you say SWEET!

    Honestly you have helped us heaps in more ways then you think.

    I will post up another logo concept here soon , would love to hear your thoughts again. Cheers!

    #1064673
    dealflip.com.au
    Member
    • Total posts: 119
    Up
    0
    ::
    bluepenguin, post: 80137 wrote:
    I’m not a big fan of the logo.

    Although I like the that it’s big, bright and bold, it looks a bit amatuer and the price tag is a very overdone in this type of business.

    The font used for “Sweet!” is a little ugly, and doesn’t really communicate “Sweet!” in the context that you described. If you compare it to the Scoopon logo for instance, you’ll see that yours lacks the same sense of energy and emotion.

    I’d also make “Business Deals” much less prominant. I don’t really see any benefit in it being so large.

    It’s on the right track, but I think it needs some work.

    You can see the logo of pretty much every Aussie group buying site here:
    http://www.allthedeals.com.au/group-buying/group-buy-sites.html
    (You’ll get what I mean about the overuse of the price tag graphic)

    Not all are good, but it won’t hurt to compare yours to these to see if it stands out – for the right reasons.

    You name kind of reads like a great tagline, so you could get by without one if you wanted.

    Otherwise, I’d try a combo of your suggestions:
    “Growing your business just got sweeter” or
    “Running a business has never been so sweet.”
    Make sure to keep it short, snappy and memorable.

    Cheers,

    Hi Blue Penguin

    I just want to say thanks for the useful feedback you’ve given us! We actually really loved the logo haha : ) but your totally right with the whole price tag!

    Were also looking at different fonts to capture that energy that we want to give off by saying SWEET! Thanks for that great pointer!

    Thanks for mixing up the tag lines and providing us some great examples.

    As our name is very descriptive in nature “sweet BUSINESS deals” and obviously our target market would know that these deals were specifically catering to small business or business in general do you think we could get away with just having a tagline like:

    Deals that make you say SWEET!

    To give away that emotional impact of the word sweet?

    Thanks for the help mate would also love to hear you thoughts on our other potential concepts that we post up!

    Cheers!

    #1064674
    AgentMail
    Member
    • Total posts: 1,741
    Up
    0
    ::
    SweetBusinessDeals.com.au, post: 80076 wrote:
    For example Sweet! That’s a great deal .

    I think perhaps you overlooked an opportunity with your example – that could be a good tagline. As for your logo – I do like it, but feel that it is too simliar to many of the other daily deal sites out there, just my opinion :)

    best of luck

    #1064675
    dealflip.com.au
    Member
    • Total posts: 119
    Up
    0
    ::

    Hi AgentMail

    Thanks for the feedback i totally understand the similarity with other GBS logos and hopefully we can stand out from the pack : )

    I’ve got some new logo concepts if you guys dont mind giving some more helpful feeback

    you can check them out here

    http://s1128.photobucket.com/albums/m494/SBD101/?action=view&current=Logosweet.png

    Maybe thinkibg of changing the ‘S’ it at times maybe confused for a ‘J’

    http://s1128.photobucket.com/albums/m494/SBD101/?action=view&current=frankie.png

    We’re working on the colour scheme , but what do you guys think about the layout and font?

    Thank you to everyone who gives there feedback

    Cheers!

    #1064676
    Gordon Akman
    Member
    • Total posts: 229
    Up
    0
    ::

    I like your first logo the best but just change the font style for “sweet”.

    One tagline that comes to mind is:

    “Doing business online has never been so sweet!”

    #1064677
    dealflip.com.au
    Member
    • Total posts: 119
    Up
    0
    ::
    Gordon Akman, post: 80613 wrote:
    I like your first logo the best but just change the font style for “sweet”.

    One tagline that comes to mind is:

    “Doing business online has never been so sweet!”

    Hi Gordon

    Thanks for your feedback. We like the “circle” theme and were working with our designer with different fonts and colors. I’ll be posting up something soon again : )

    By the way great tagline! But we really want to incorporate deals in the tagline so were most likely sticking with.

    Deals that make you say SWEET!

    What do you think ?

    Thanks again mate for the feedback!

    #1064678
    MyGreatIdea
    Member
    • Total posts: 2,278
    Up
    0
    ::

    Not just good deals…SWEET deals

    Wendy :)

    #1064679
    dealflip.com.au
    Member
    • Total posts: 119
    Up
    0
    ::
    Couple It, post: 80653 wrote:
    Not just good deals…SWEET deals

    Wendy :)

    Thanks Wendy! That’s the kind of enthusiastic impact we’re trying to capture :)

    #1064680
    sixx
    Member
    • Total posts: 333
    Up
    0
    ::
    SweetBusinessDeals.com.au, post: 80222 wrote:
    Hi Sixx you really helped us immensely – thanks for the honest feedback. We were really 50/50 on the font and colour scheme we are looking at different alternatives as we speak – were trying to stay away from the candy shop feel!

    Thanks for the links it was great to see and of course hear : ) We really want to play on that emoitional aspect of SWEET!

    The team is now leaning towards – Deals that make you say SWEET!

    Honestly you have helped us heaps in more ways then you think.

    I will post up another logo concept here soon , would love to hear your thoughts again. Cheers!

    Hi again SBD,

    Not overly excited about either of the newer concepts, mainly because there doesn’t seem to be any defining elements that could be used to further promote your identity.
    With the first logo you had the tag theme which is a great reusable element but because you are trying to push the ‘sweet’ aspect, the first logo is back to front. The sweet should be in the tag, not ‘business deals’. The red was good (although the gradient effect is a bit prehistoric) as it gives that SALE feel. The word SALE is widely used as red on white or white on red for good reason, especially given now most associate that word with those colours … but the font was all wrong.
    If you have SWEET as a tag, the tag alone can be continually used within your branding and really cement itself within peoples minds.

    Everytime you post up a new proposition, everytime you blog, everytime you post something out you would have a little ‘sweet’ tag hanging off it.

    Your logos unfortunately just don’t seem to have any direction. I would be really interested in reading the brief you gave the designer because it does seem a little all over the place regarding any form of cohesion between the concepts so far which ultimately comes back to the brief.

    #1064681
    bluepenguin
    Member
    • Total posts: 1,026
    Up
    0
    ::

    I think the 2nd logo with the yellow circle around it has potential.

    The word “Sweet!” now seems quite exciting and inviting. It is a little overpowered by everything else though – Make it bigger!

    #1064682
    sixx
    Member
    • Total posts: 333
    Up
    0
    ::

    I mocked up something very quickly and very simply to outline what I mean.

    http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb123/surfarosa666/sweet.png

    See if you can get your designer to create an element within your logo that can be used not only to compliment other aspects of your identity (provided this has been planned?)but also create awareness in isolation.

    You don’t need to see the word Nike to know it’s a Nike product.

    Regarding your tagline, I thought of this site.
    easytees.com.au
    Their tagline is Boutique Quality Shirts Made Easy.
    If you look at all their products, they conclude each proposition with “how easy is that?” which is a great tool. Something you could consider doing also, but obviously “how sweet is that?”

    http://www.easytees.com.au/tee-shirts/fitted/

    #1064683
    dealflip.com.au
    Member
    • Total posts: 119
    Up
    0
    ::
    sixx, post: 80736 wrote:
    Hi again SBD,

    Not overly excited about either of the newer concepts, mainly because there doesn’t seem to be any defining elements that could be used to further promote your identity.
    With the first logo you had the tag theme which is a great reusable element but because you are trying to push the ‘sweet’ aspect, the first logo is back to front. The sweet should be in the tag, not ‘business deals’. The red was good (although the gradient effect is a bit prehistoric) as it gives that SALE feel. The word SALE is widely used as red on white or white on red for good reason, especially given now most associate that word with those colours … but the font was all wrong.
    If you have SWEET as a tag, the tag alone can be continually used within your branding and really cement itself within peoples minds.

    Everytime you post up a new proposition, everytime you blog, everytime you post something out you would have a little ‘sweet’ tag hanging off it.

    Your logos unfortunately just don’t seem to have any direction. I would be really interested in reading the brief you gave the designer because it does seem a little all over the place regarding any form of cohesion between the concepts so far which ultimately comes back to the brief.

    sixx, post: 80746 wrote:
    I mocked up something very quickly and very simply to outline what I mean.

    http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb123/surfarosa666/sweet.png

    See if you can get your designer to create an element within your logo that can be used not only to compliment other aspects of your identity (provided this has been planned?)but also create awareness in isolation.

    You don’t need to see the word Nike to know it’s a Nike product.

    Regarding your tagline, I thought of this site.
    easytees.com.au
    Their tagline is Boutique Quality Shirts Made Easy.
    If you look at all their products, they conclude each proposition with “how easy is that?” which is a great tool. Something you could consider doing also, but obviously “how sweet is that?”

    http://www.easytees.com.au/tee-shirts/fitted/

    Hi Sixx thanks for the feedback again. I believe the problem is basically in our brief that we told the designer initially. Which was basically heres our business name make us a logo 😮

    We’ve made another brief (I’ll PM YOU) and hopefully we’ll get some quality concepts back. We’ve launched a comp on 99designs.

    I totally get what you mean about using a recurring element to stick in our customers mind, thanks for the rad example really opening our eyes to simple things that we’ve look passed.

    I love the tool after the proposition that you’ve mentioned. Great stuff! Don’t be surprised to see this or a spin-off of that example when we launch ;)

    Cheers!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.