Home – New Forums Tell me straight… Feedback on website and increasing google ranking

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    CathyHalliday
    • Total posts: 15
    Up
    ::

Hi,

I have a website that is only a month or two old that I am still adding to consistently. At this stage it is an information site and is used to promote my Telemarketing coaching, consulting and training services.

When I have more traffic frequenting the web site I will start selling my own information products and maybe look at affiliate marketing.

I was hoping to get feedback on the site and the information offered. Is it user friendly? Is it easy to read and navigate?

Also, I have done a lot of listing with directories, I have followed all of the seo rules I could find and I have used keywords/ seed words well (I think).

My question is…how long should it take for me to start ranking well with google? What else could I do to increase my ranking? I currently get about 30 hits a day and this is building steadily. Am I being impatient or are their better ways to build traffic.

Thanks for your feedback…

Melinda B
    • Total posts: 349
    Up

Personally, I would never use Site Build It for a website – go with a wordpress site (don’t have to have a blog) and you’ll see your ratings increase dramatically. I’ve got a new site that went live on 1 Mar and it’s ranking is better than yours at this point with about the same amount of traffic.

You should see an increase in your rankings within the first six weeks for a new site, or usually it’s a lot less.

Did you submit your site via google webmaster tools? That will help too. (google “google webmaster tools”)

CathyHalliday
    • Total posts: 15
    Up

Thanks for the feedback. I have submitted to google webmaster tools. I have had a look at wordpress. Did you do your site yourself? It looks great.

Thanks again.

Melinda B
    • Total posts: 349
    Up
    CathyHalliday, post: 31117 wrote:
    Thanks for the feedback. I have submitted to google webmaster tools. I have had a look at wordpress. Did you do your site yourself? It looks great.

Thanks again.
    Thanks. :-) I had a graphic designer for the header, then modified the theme myself. I’ve also got a mastermind group and some mentors to work with on content, layout and colours.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.