Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Feedback on Website Please

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    LiceLady
    • Total posts: 5
    Up
    ::

ADVICE NEEDED ….. Okay, I need your help. I have just made some changes to my website and would appreciate some constructive feedback. I still need to finish a couple of pages and add a video of a treatment and also some live “critters”. Thank you
    http://www.weremoveheadlice.com

robertvoy
    • Total posts: 10
    Up
    LiceLady, post: 210920 wrote:
    ADVICE NEEDED ….. Okay, I need your help. I have just made some changes to my website and would appreciate some constructive feedback. I still need to finish a couple of pages and add a video of a treatment and also some live “critters”. Thank you

Hey,

here are my thoughts:

The page is missing a title and description. This is and issue if you want your website to show up on google. I see you are using vistraprint website builder, i’m not sure if they allow you to change the description and title, but it’s worth doing.
    This is the current code, as you can see it’s missing information:

[/CODE]

Next, the logo. I think that it’s a no-brainer and it works, but it’s not executed very well. It’s quite pixellated. What I would suggest if you are on a budget is to go here [url]https://www.fiverr.com/categories/graphics-design/creative-logo-design[/url] and get a logo designed for you for as little as $5.

The navigation is quite hard to read. There isn’t enough contrast between the light blue background and the white text. Maybe change the white text to the same colour you have for “We remove head lice”.

The picture you have is not appealing. What might be better is a photo of a person implying a hair without lice, so a happy person touching their hair or something. I think it would be better starting off with the solution you services offer, not the problem.

I think your website copy is good, but there’s a lot of it. It would be better to offer your visitors smaller chucks of valuable information. Realistically, no one is going to sit there and read a wall of text.

The pricing page is quite confusing. I feel like it needs to be clear. The first thing is says on the pricing page is “So why use “We Remove Head Lice”?”. That’s not ideal, because if someone goes you your pricing page they want to know the pricing straight away.

Lastly, is it worth adding an about page if it’s just 2 lines of text? I think a lot of the information from the home page could go into the about page.

Anyway, hope that helps. Just my thoughts :)[CODE]
    [/CODE]

Next, the logo. I think that it’s a no-brainer and it works, but it’s not executed very well. It’s quite pixellated. What I would suggest if you are on a budget is to go here https://www.fiverr.com/categories/graphics-design/creative-logo-design and get a logo designed for you for as little as $5.

The navigation is quite hard to read. There isn’t enough contrast between the light blue background and the white text. Maybe change the white text to the same colour you have for “We remove head lice”.

The picture you have is not appealing. What might be better is a photo of a person implying a hair without lice, so a happy person touching their hair or something. I think it would be better starting off with the solution you services offer, not the problem.

I think your website copy is good, but there’s a lot of it. It would be better to offer your visitors smaller chucks of valuable information. Realistically, no one is going to sit there and read a wall of text.

The pricing page is quite confusing. I feel like it needs to be clear. The first thing is says on the pricing page is “So why use “We Remove Head Lice”?”. That’s not ideal, because if someone goes you your pricing page they want to know the pricing straight away.

Lastly, is it worth adding an about page if it’s just 2 lines of text? I think a lot of the information from the home page could go into the about page.

Anyway, hope that helps. Just my thoughts :)

MichaelDigital
    • Total posts: 140
    Up

Hello there, I see you are using ‘vistaprint’ for your website – look I can understand people going with this, they seem like a professional business, and they are pretty easy to edit the free templates. But going with this option limits you, especially for a business. Visatprint sites are not great for search engine optimization, you will find it hard to be found online, and unless you advertise locally no one will know you are there.
    The whole point of using a website is to have control over what you do, how you configure the site. You have your own domain name, which is better. If you are serious about having an online presence, I would think about moving to a WordPress content management platform (wordpress the software). But your site looks ‘O.K’ – it is the functionality that will be lacking in the back-end.
    You can take my advice or not – up to you, I speak from 20 years business IT experience.

djackway
    • Total posts: 9
    Up

Hi,
    I have taken a look at your website and its defiantly a tipical VistaPrint website. I know with VistaPrint there on going cost can become exhausting for a very plan jane website.The look of the site is average and the SEO aspect is very poor.

However, this can be rectified by using WordPress and implementing a really good website and optimizing it for search engines,which WordPress is good for.

Your website can be recreated in WordPress with about 3 or 4 hours work and look so much better and as you grow your website with articles and post you can also expand the functionality to incorperate Ecommerce to sell Head Lice products to allow you site to make you money.

Cheers
    Darryl

jobette
    • Total posts: 4
    Up

Here are some

1. Huge error on the header. You need to have professionally design logo.
    2. Bring your social media links to your header. Then include your phone number
    3. In the footer of your site, you should have another navigation, contact address and Google map.
    4. Instead of using hero image, use slider of up to 4 images containing information about product and services
    5. In about us page, consumer buy on human so to get higher conversion, put the staff photos and office photos in your about page.
    Zava Design
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,463
    Up

Apologies, but to be very blunt, this looks like a website built by a primary school kid for their school project, it does not look like a professional website.

If that’s the look you’re going for great. But if not then I would look at a different source for your site. If you can’t afford a web designer then look at some place like Squarespace.com

Outside of the site itself I’d also look at your content. The logo as mentioned, the copy should be more concise, the imagery…. you don’t need to display huge, ugly images of the bugs to convey what you do. If the first thing someone thinks is “err, yuck” when they arrive at your site, that’s probably not a good start.

Byron Trzeciak
    Participant
    • Total posts: 423
    Up

None of the images loaded when first viewing the homepage. I refreshed and they all came up. The fact that the images are on a different domain to yours is a bad idea and means they’re out of your control most likely.

http://imageprocessor.websimages.com/width/130/www.weremoveheadlice.com/girl%20scratching%20head.jpg

It looks like a very old old website and it’s not responsive either. Honestly this website needs a complete do over.

I’m not such how much vistaprint charge for websites but in my opinion their web design services are a very bad place to start if you want to build a successful online business.

Wheel Buddy
    • Total posts: 7
    Up
    LiceLady, post: 210920 wrote:

Hi

As it stands, the website you have shown is simply not effective for todays time and age. People these days expect a certain level of website quality before they make a purchasing decision online.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.