Home – New Forums Selling online Feedback on website + tips on getting traffic

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Trang
    • Total posts: 4
    Up
    ::

Hi,
    We recently launched our online store selling women’s workwear. I did the website on my own, so would love to get some feedback on it.

We are struggling to get many conversions, although a decent amount of traffic through- we have been marketing though Facebook ads and collaborations with Instagram influencers. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

With Facebook/Instagram ads – we aren’t too sure how to get more Instagram ads shown. We’ve had 3000+ placements on Facebook and only about 30 on Instagram. Finding it hard to figure out how to get more placements on Instagram – can anyone guide me on information about this?

Thanks in advance!

http://www.voandco.com.au

Byron Trzeciak
    Participant
    • Total posts: 423
    Up

When you land on the page, in my opinion there should be a clear headline and caption for what you and your brand stands for.

“Affordable fashion for the modern working woman”

Online stores are all about trust:
    – What’s your return policy
    – Do you ship Australia wide
    – How much is shipping (I recommend free delivery and work it into your pricing)
    – Do you offer both credit card and paypal (people like both)
    – Is this site safe and secure? why?
    – Do they have a phone number so I can call you
    – Where are the located

Some of this information you have but it’s buried and potentially needs to be more visual. If you look at the iconic etc they’re very visual with these trust factors.

Secondly, you should consider your SEO.

We recently worked with a business who was generating zero online sales selling Scandinavian rainwear. By focusing on SEO, within three months they were generating 3.5k of sales monthly.

Your site is heavily under optimised at the moment, it’s not just your home page that should be optimised but the category pages are critically important for eCommerce.

For example the iconic optimise their meta title for work dresses like the following “Work Dresses | Work Dresses Online | Buy Womens Work Dress” because of the way people search.

Yours on the other hand is “Dresses – Vo+Co”

Hope this helps

StarShipIT
    • Total posts: 14
    Up

Hi Trang,

Great work. In addition to Byron’s excellent summary, you should also create a sense of urgency. There’s no compelling reason to buy now.

Remarket to visitors: encourage visitors to signup for email with an offer (% discount off first order) to hear about special offers first.
    Once you have a mailing list you can work on getting them back to your website again. Do what you can to get the first order and then they will come back again (providing your product and service deliver).

Also look at the leads you are getting through FB etc, are they well qualified? Ensure the ads you are running are in line with what they see when they arrive on the site, consistency around your branding etc.

Your photography could also be improved a little in places.

Overall an excellent job but some refining could make a big difference for you.

Best of luck!

Miranda

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total posts: 12
    Up

I like the concept behind your business. But as Byron has pointed out, it isn’t immediately clear.

My first impression is that the site looks like a cross between a blog+shop.

May I suggest bringing the shopping cart to the front (instead of click on ‘Shop’) and make that the dominant aspect of your site? You can link to all the important terms around this.

Then I would suggest along with your current ad campaigns, start blogging about your products, as well as display new products on Instagram. Use a mix of quality regular content + paid ads in your strategy, I think remarketing is a great idea from Miranda to add to this.

Let me know if you have any questions. Good luck!

Trang
    Up

Thank you for all your feedback and taking the time to give me some well thought-out advice. Sorry for the slow reply – didn’t get any alerts about replies to my questions! Thought no one answered until I stumbled upon my own post! Thanks again!

StarShipIT
    Up

you’re welcome – best of luck with it all!

Nelle_grocer_designer
    • Total posts: 5
    Up

My best suggestion would be to expand on your fit information. I have no confidence that sizing is in anyway consistent and “true to fit” does not tell me anything about how the garment will look on my body. Detailed measurements for each garment or a size guide is essential for purchasing womens clothing online.

Zava Design
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,463
    Up

Can I just say that the first thing that struck me about this (and maybe it’s being used to US online shopping so much nowadays) was that there was no “free returns” offer prominently displayed, which for me is almost essential when buying clothing or shoes online.

Now not running an online fashion store I’m obviously not in a position to comment on the financial or practical aspects of offering that service, but something to think about perhaps, especially with Amazon entering the market soon who will be offering all these services…

StarShipIT
    Up

I would agree with Zava Design about having your returns policy readily available for customers to review – an easy to understand, straightforward returns policy to reduce their risk/anxiety. Our software actually has an optional return label generator, which makes it super easy for the customer and you to manage returns.

Cheers,

Miranda

Trang
    Up
    Nelle_grocer_designer, post: 251180, member: 100419 wrote:
    My best suggestion would be to expand on your fit information. I have no confidence that sizing is in anyway consistent and “true to fit” does not tell me anything about how the garment will look on my body. Detailed measurements for each garment or a size guide is essential for purchasing womens clothing online.
    Thanks Nelle – great feedback, something we’ll look into changing.
    Trang
    Up
    Zava Design, post: 251460, member: 34615 wrote:
    Can I just say that the first thing that struck me about this (and maybe it’s being used to US online shopping so much nowadays) was that there was no “free returns” offer prominently displayed, which for me is almost essential when buying clothing or shoes online.

Now not running an online fashion store I’m obviously not in a position to comment on the financial or practical aspects of offering that service, but something to think about perhaps, especially with Amazon entering the market soon who will be offering all these services…

Thanks Dave, as a small business we can’t financially afford that at the moment, would love to in the future as our business grows!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.