Home – New Forums Tell me straight… Feedback Please – Google Adwords Management (Freelance)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    profitclicks
    • Total posts: 160
    Up
    ::

Hi Guys!

Look forward to seeing your feedback on my freelance site http://www.profitclicks.com.au

I have started my business as a freelance Google Adwords company with a target audience of small to medium business owners.

Let me know what you think!

Hatching_It
    • Total posts: 414
    Up

I like the site, you’ve obviously done the website conversions training. One thing that bugged me though was the typeface on the home page, it’s too small.

You’ve made such great use of spacing I just feel like the typeface lets it down a bit. I’m looking at this on a 1080p 27″ monitor as well so I can only imagine how it looks on a 15″ – 21″ screen..

I look forward to debating Adwords strategies with you as I get all of mine up and running!

Maclean

angelarodgers
    • Total posts: 180
    Up

Hi!

First impressions are generally really positive :). Great colours, great header… nice clean and modern, and fits the “feel” for the industry.

I’m not sure that “Take Action” is the right call to action. Maybe make it more benefits focused with something like “Get Results”? I’m not sure.

One other point I have is that your footer is really empty. If I were you, I’d use that space to build trust a little more with information showing that you’re Australian, an ABN, and perhaps some social media links, or a social feed.

And of course, I know you’re just starting, but a lead magnet is always a good idea for above the fold on your home page (I’m still working on this for myself!!). You could offer a free download with 5 tips for optimising a Google AdWords campaign, or something like that which gives them a taste of what you can do, and gets their details in your database.

That’s just my 2c!

Hope it helps :-D

Angela

profitclicks
    Up
    Hatching_It, post: 197175 wrote:
    I like the site, you’ve obviously done the website conversions training. One thing that bugged me though was the typeface on the home page, it’s too small.

You’ve made such great use of spacing I just feel like the typeface lets it down a bit. I’m looking at this on a 1080p 27″ monitor as well so I can only imagine how it looks on a 15″ – 21″ screen..

I look forward to debating Adwords strategies with you as I get all of mine up and running!

Maclean

Hi Maclean

Thanks for the feedback! I will have a think about the font and will post the results on later this week.

Look forward to debating Adwords strategies also!

Oliver

profitclicks
    Up
    angelarodgers, post: 197176 wrote:
    Hi!

First impressions are generally really positive :). Great colours, great header… nice clean and modern, and fits the “feel” for the industry.

I’m not sure that “Take Action” is the right call to action. Maybe make it more benefits focused with something like “Get Results”? I’m not sure.

One other point I have is that your footer is really empty. If I were you, I’d use that space to build trust a little more with information showing that you’re Australian, an ABN, and perhaps some social media links, or a social feed.

And of course, I know you’re just starting, but a lead magnet is always a good idea for above the fold on your home page (I’m still working on this for myself!!). You could offer a free download with 5 tips for optimising a Google AdWords campaign, or something like that which gives them a taste of what you can do, and gets their details in your database.

That’s just my 2c!

Hope it helps :-D

Angela

Hi Angela

Thanks for your feedback! Have already changed that button to say Get Results.
    Only started the site on Sunday arvo so have a while to go yet.

Oliver

PS. Agree with your message of not renting space and focusing on content marketing :)

Byron Trzeciak
    Participant
    • Total posts: 423
    Up

Hi there!

It’s exciting to hear that you’re venturing out into the freelancing world, all the best with everything. Offering your website up for review is a great way to kick-start your online marketing.

The first thing I noticed was no phone number anywhere on the home page? “Get results” to me doesn’t stand out enough as that’s where I go to contact you. Keep it simple “Contact Us Today” or just “contact us” and make your phone number large on the home page unless you don’t want anyone to call you.

The website feels really generic and I don’t automatically associate AdWords with the images you’re displaying, you might be able to improve with some better graphics.

Your about page is really important in my eyes. Put a picture of yourself and state why your business will help others while telling more about yourself, background, qualifications and certifications with AdWords.

I’d like to see a page on your packages and what your process is for turning clicks into profits. The website is incredibly light in content that it’s hard to make a solid decision whether the business fits what I need it to do.

I know you mentioned below that your website is still new so I know you’ll have many hours to go. Feel free to shout out again when you’ve done a bit more to it and I’ll give it another look.

All the best with everything and look forwarding to seeing your business evolve.

angelarodgers
    • Total posts: 180
    Up
    profitclicks, post: 197181 wrote:
    Hi Angela

Thanks for your feedback! Have already changed that button to say Get Results.
    Only started the site on Sunday arvo so have a while to go yet.

Oliver

PS. Agree with your message of not renting space and focusing on content marketing :)

Hi Oliver,

Glad to have helped!! For a 4 day old site, it’s not looking bad at all! :-)

And thanks for checking out my blog post. I had to have a bit of a vent after all the people I’ve seen lately just putting all their content into one particular social media site… but having nothing on their actual website (or even worse, no website). Oh dear! :-)

Best wishes to you and I look forward to chatting on other posts in the future!

Angela

redleaftea
    • Total posts: 53
    Up

A nice start, I’ve listed some things I would expect to see and some general ideas

– contact information in the footer (maybe it’s just me but I always find something off-putting about listing a mobile for a non-mobile business)

– case studies and testimonials from happy customers

– more info on what you do (do you do the work, do you tell me what needs to be done, do you make guarantees about results, etc)

– you list google adwords is that all you do? what about bing/yahoo? facebook? twitter? display ads?

– is there a minimum/maximum point when you are the right person to contact? presumably not but I could be left wondering if my business is too small or too big for you

– you say you’ve been doing this since 2001, assuming the business is just you and you won’t be pretending it’s larger (using a mobile as the contact would suggest not) how about a bio on you and why you are the right person to engage

– an intro article with some hints or a longform explanation about what I am probably doing wrong

– how your service works; is it a one time engagement? an ongoing contract? do you provide reporting so I can see what you have done?

– do you provide a free analysis report of what I already have so you can estimate if and by how much you can help?

karmaD
    • Total posts: 13
    Up

Hi,
    I have to agree with a previous comments from Byron – you might want to make your contact information more visible (maybe a ‘Contact Us” in the menu).

I would also suggest to help your prospective client quantify your services by:
    – a bit more detail on what exact outcome the client will get and how much will cost them for your services
    – some Testimonials or Stories with examples of how your past clients have increased their businesses after using your service.

Good luck!

karmaD
    http://www.forex10best.com

Jenny Spring
    • Total posts: 597
    Up
    profitclicks, post: 197169 wrote:
    Hi Guys!

Look forward to seeing your feedback on my freelance site http://www.profitclicks.com.au

I have started my business as a freelance Google Adwords company with a target audience of small to medium business owners.

Let me know what you think!

Hi

The header isn’t quite correct, because you don’t turn clicks into profits. You are at the beginning of the sales funnel aren’t you? You are in lead generation, working with suspects-prospects.

Is that right?

So I’d change the header a bit, because people definitely want your service, but if you say you are creating customers — that isn’t quite accurate.

Instead, I’d suggest you do a bigger headline around the placement and effectiveness of your ability to build excellent google ads.

Many businesses suffer with writing google ads that end up at the bottom of page, and also don’t really get the right people clicking through. I think if you create your main headline around this, then you might get better targetted business working with you.

Just my two bob’s worth!

Jenny

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.