Home – New Forums Tell me straight… Feedback wanted for my new online store.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    cush&co
    • Total posts: 3
    Up
    ::

Hi all

Have recently released a new website, http://www.cushandco.com.au, currently selling cushions but will be expanded my product range (with other homewares).

I have designed and built everything myself (using WooCommerce).

Any feedback much appreciated.

Thanks
    Clare

JohnTranter
    • Total posts: 842
    Up

I quite like the theme, it’s nicely laid out and very clear.

On a technical point, I’d resize that simple.stylish.affordable banner image on the home page and re-upload it.
    At the moment, my browser downloads a 5616×2744 sized image and resizes it to 1064×520. This means I’m needlessly downloading nearly a Mb and that slows your site down. (with repercussions for SEO)

It also took ages for the home page to load, are you hosting overseas?

Google Page Insights is a good start for looking at things you can improve from a technical perspective (enter each page seperately)
    https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights#url=http_3A_2F_2Fwww.cushandco.com.au_2F&mobile=false

LucasArthur
    Participant
    • Total posts: 3,171
    Up

Hi Clare

Not an expert by any means, although i must say i like the simplicity.. it looks like a lot of thought has gone into the creation of making it appear ‘simple’ (meaning clean lines, nice fonts etc etc)…

There are a few suggestions, not musts, although can assist with things that i would potentially look at:

1. Phone number on the home page and maybe even speaking to Steve from Divert to Mobile to look at setting up a landline 1300 number or something to make it appear that you are bricks and mortar. Steve is regular here and can be found here http://www.flyingsolo.com.au/forums/members/divert-to-mobile.html

2. Show more photos of the cushion.. Eg the invisible zip closure as when buying sight unseen, it can always be beneficial.

3. Maybe see if you can install a ‘add to cart’ from the SHOP page rather than having to enter the item.. especially since there are 4 colours at present and the items themselves are technically the same..

4. May want to look into your business name reg as well.. not sure if your aware although i can backtrack you to an address in Pi****rd St, Prahran 3181. If this is a personal address i am not sure you want people to back track this, maybe i am being paranoid.. Hopefully its an office address :D

5. Payment option: assume you are running just paypal, that allows Visa and Mastercard? just not clear until i proceed through checkout.. Not sure if you want to make this known in Terms and Conditions?

6. PS.. LOVE YOUR BARCELONA 2 Seat Chair.. NICE.. and the background, those wooden doors look GREAT…

Also, there are guidelines at the top of this topic.. add them to what you want reviewed and you will get more people being more specific,,,, my replies are a little rambled as not a web guru, at all… just personal feedback..

Happy going..

Jason

Jason Ramage | Lucas Arthur Pty Ltd | E: [email protected]   P: 61 3 8324 0344    M: 61 412 244 888
    cush&co
    • Total posts: 3
    Up

Wow, thanks for the quick response John & Jason! All really great feedback, just what I was looking for.

John, the site is currently hosted on Dreamhost and i’m getting really frustrated at the load times. Are there any local hosting providers that you would recommend?

BlackCoffeeComms
    • Total posts: 472
    Up

I gotta say, I gave up before it loaded….

Sorry….

Nicole

TheGoldenGoose
    • Total posts: 860
    Up

I don’t have time to analyse it, but it looks pretty cool :)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.