Home – New Forums Other discussions Feeling like Christmas? Share your experiences…

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    LucasArthur
    Participant
    • Total posts: 3,171
    Up
    ::

Ok,

Allow me to step onto the firing range and await execution… let me explain…

My business involves tangible goods, the procurement of and wholesale distribution of said products…. that said, let me begin…

Having gone to all the effort to source and acquire your items, does anyone else feel like a BIG KID and feel like its Christmas (or other festival based on religious beliefs) every time a new batch of products arrive in a lovely 40ft HC container to your roller door??

I LOVE IT.. the gratification of it arriving, knowing you got it, you found it, you made sure it was of merchantable quality (sometimes :mad:) and all the other niceties that go along with these orders…

Its great… i would personally love to hear your experiences on this and any BIG WINS you have had when you changed suppliers etc etc..

My biggest win was walking away from a supplier that almost all of my competitors buy from due to price as the product assurances were miserable.. i mean like 3 out of 10 required fixes from my end to be able to on sell to the public (yes we checked our stock before it left) to walk up to another factory in China and be greeted with a smile, sat down to a lovely chinese tea and to see a production 10 fold better than my previous supplier.. be promised all good quality (i know i know, but it arrived in condition advised at meeting), production times better than old supplier and all this delivered for a similar price and if not similar price no more than 10% increase..

And to top it off, when i unpacked the items (very delicately) it was like christmas.. the attention to detail was great, the appearance of the furniture was awesome and we were very PROUD of our achievement.. Yes, some items need to be ‘repaired’ and refined, although with the vast majority in Top Shape we were over the moon and can open the products looking forward to seeing them – rather than seeing the problems… SWEET!!!!

anyway, i digress.. share your wins.. love to know how everyone ‘feels’…

Cheers
    Jason

Jason Ramage | Lucas Arthur Pty Ltd | E: [email protected]   P: 61 3 8324 0344    M: 61 412 244 888
    Cat – GLC
    • Total posts: 440
    Up

I have that Christmas experience most days which is fantastic.

I get to wake up and have an idea of how the day is going to turn out and have certain expectations but then BAM! all of a sudden we can get a lovely surprise in the form of a shipment being inspected and failing, of a vessel taking longer than expected, suppliers not filling out paperwork correctly, delays at the wharf, customs putting a hold on goods, the list just goes on and on. Although this may be more along the lines of getting coal for christmas the joy comes from fixing the problems and letting the client know what is happening but not to worry too much as we have the next step sorted.

Letting the client know that their goods are on their way and turn up all fine and dandy is the best feeling knowing that you have help achieve that. Also a great feeling when everything goes to plan, but a challenge always is good for a bit of variety now and then.

Just to put in a bit of perspective we are freight forwarder with a bit of a difference as we also consult, outsource and conduct audits, but we are the lovely guys that get to deal with Customs, Quarantine, the ports etc.

Isn’t that everyone’s picture of a perfect Christmas day?:confused:

It is for me :D

Cat :)

MyGreatIdea
    • Total posts: 2,278
    Up

I’ll let you know when my first shipment arrives, which should be…no, I’m not going to jinx it…which should be when it arrives lol

Wendy :)

Steve_Minshall
    • Total posts: 518
    Up

Sorry Jason I’m not really seeing it…

I get a much bigger buzz waving the stuff good-bye than loading up the warehouse.

But then again I’m not importing I just send off a purchase order so I haven’t got any achievement to be proud of in procurement process.

Burgo
    Participant
    • Total posts: 2,104
    Up

Golly I need my glasses changed I thought this was Jolly Solo posting early this year.

Everday should have you feeling like its Christmas, that warm fuzzy feeling that money cant buy……..but someoneelse will

LucasArthur
    Participant
    Up
    Steve_Minshall, post: 119959 wrote:
    Sorry Jason I’m not really seeing it…

I get a much bigger buzz waving the stuff good-bye than loading up the warehouse.

Hey Steve,

Point taken :o.. Most certainly get very excited by the income derived (as opposed to ‘warehousing’) i do still enjoy the procurement process and the items arriving.. much like christmas, opening a present with with the eager anticipation and loving what you find… followed by the sale, followed by the benefits the income derive.. but that is a different post…

Cheers
    Jason

Jason Ramage | Lucas Arthur Pty Ltd | E: [email protected]   P: 61 3 8324 0344    M: 61 412 244 888
    LucasArthur
    Participant
    Up
    Couple It, post: 119854 wrote:
    I’ll let you know when my first shipment arrives, which should be…no, I’m not going to jinx it…which should be when it arrives lol

Wendy :)

Cant wait to read how everything goes for you Wendy.. trusting your using a good shipping agent :D

Jason

Cat – GLC
    • Total posts: 440
    Up
    HarryLuke, post: 119977 wrote:
    Cant wait to read how everything goes for you Wendy.. trusting your using a good shipping agent :D

Jason

Completely agree with Jason. A good shipping agent makes the process a lot easier :D

Cat :)

Garenius
    • Total posts: 41
    Up

I’m easily pleased, so even the smallest of packages arriving from another country excites me!

geegee
    • Total posts: 89
    Up

Yes I get the same feeling whenever a parcel arrives. Especially when it is something new and/or from a new supplier. I do quite a bit of searching for my horse themed gifts and I get quite excited when the parcel arrives and the contents are just as I expected or sometimes better than I expected!

LucasArthur
    Participant
    Up

Thanks for the input everyone,,,

Glad i am not the only one that feels like a BIG KID when i all my hard work pays off and a new delivery arrives.. as you say geegee… lots of effort goes into securing new supplier shipments and yeah its awesome to see something land…

And Steve, yeah i know the ultimate payback is the ChaChing ChaChing on the virtual register…

Be well all
    Jason

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.