Home – New Forums New here? Share your story Filmmaker needs a partner

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    El Hombre
    • Total posts: 3
    Up
    ::

Hey folks.
    My name’s Trev and I just now discovered this site after Googling “I need a business partner”.
    I am an independent filmmaker and I am very good at what I do. What I’m not very good at is the business side of film production. Thus far I’ve shot very cheap films with no intention to make a profit. That has changed. Now I want this to be my career.
    I have written several feature-length scripts which I am determined to shoot, and I need help.
    I have work which I can show to potential investors.
    I’m looking for somebody who appreciates cinema, who will work with me as a partner in bringing these films to the world. They are solid, they have a great chance in the marketplace.
    My number is 0481 337 589. I’m in Melbourne.
    Email: [email protected].

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi Trevor,

Thanks for joining Flying Solo – I hope you pick up some handy info here to help turn your passion into a profitable business, and perhaps even some contacts that help you find your business partner too.

All the best,
    Jayne

martin.firth
    • Total posts: 259
    Up

Hi,

I’m sure people here would love to see some of your work before considering investing in you :)

Martin

Warren Cottis
    Participant
    • Total posts: 807
    Up

Hello Trev

What genre are you targeting and do you have a short bio?

El Hombre, post: 164062 wrote:
    Hey folks.
    My name’s Trev and I just now discovered this site after Googling “I need a business partner”.
    I am an independent filmmaker and I am very good at what I do. What I’m not very good at is the business side of film production. Thus far I’ve shot very cheap films with no intention to make a profit. That has changed. Now I want this to be my career.
    I have written several feature-length scripts which I am determined to shoot, and I need help.
    I have work which I can show to potential investors.
    I’m looking for somebody who appreciates cinema, who will work with me as a partner in bringing these films to the world. They are solid, they have a great chance in the marketplace.
    My number is 0481 337 589. I’m in Melbourne.
    Email: [email protected].
    ryanmclean
    • Total posts: 25
    Up

Hey Trev,

Any links to your existing videos in YouTube?

Keen to see what you have done. I work with video also, more video marketing for businesses rather than film but keen to see more of what you’ve got.

crawfordandy
    • Total posts: 25
    Up

G’day Trev,

I’m not too familiar with the film industry but I do like that you’ve decided to make a career out of something you love and you have the conviction to get out there and start making it happen.

I would suggest that, as Ryan says below, getting some of your existing work up on Youtube or otherwise would be a quick and easy way to start getting some exposure. If you can generate a bit of interest then you may find that the offers will come to you.

A simple website with examples of your work and a bit of a bio would also be a good start, you need to make it easy for people to find you and a website is the best way to do this. It’s fairly easy to set this up using tools like wordpress and you needn’t spend a ton of money doing so.

If you do want to go down this route, I would then suggest you set up a blog on your website to detail your skills / experience / outlook and share it with others. That is a great way to drive traffic to your site and raise your profile.

Would be happy to point you in the direction of some good resources to achieve this if you like?

El Hombre
    Up
    ryanmclean, post: 164411 wrote:
    Hey Trev,

Any links to your existing videos in YouTube?

Keen to see what you have done. I work with video also, more video marketing for businesses rather than film but keen to see more of what you’ve got.

What I’m doing is taking a feature and a short or two I made several years ago and completely rerecording the soundtrack, as sound is just as vital as image in cinema. Then I intend to make the films available online either on Youtube or my own website. In addition, I’ll use them as “show reels” when attempting to raise funding for my next project.

Thanks for asking,
    Trev

El Hombre
    Up
    crawfordandy, post: 164422 wrote:
    G’day Trev,

I’m not too familiar with the film industry but I do like that you’ve decided to make a career out of something you love and you have the conviction to get out there and start making it happen.

I would suggest that, as Ryan says below, getting some of your existing work up on Youtube or otherwise would be a quick and easy way to start getting some exposure. If you can generate a bit of interest then you may find that the offers will come to you.

A simple website with examples of your work and a bit of a bio would also be a good start, you need to make it easy for people to find you and a website is the best way to do this. It’s fairly easy to set this up using tools like wordpress and you needn’t spend a ton of money doing so.

If you do want to go down this route, I would then suggest you set up a blog on your website to detail your skills / experience / outlook and share it with others. That is a great way to drive traffic to your site and raise your profile.

Would be happy to point you in the direction of some good resources to achieve this if you like?

Hi Andy, thanks for the support,

I would indeed be grateful if you pointed me, as you say, “in the direction of some good resources”

My first step is to redo the soundtracks on the films to increase both sound quality and visceral and symbolic impact. Then they need to go online as well as act as bait for possible investors in my next feature script.

Yours Gratefully,

Trev

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.