Home – New Forums New here? Share your story Finally doing it my way …

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Sali2601
    • Total posts: 1
    Up
    ::

Hi All,

Just a quick intro – Im 29 and after being involved in the recruitment industry for over 6 years I finally decided to take the plunge and start my own agency. My goal isnt to build a business that is so large I need excess offices and staff etc it is simply to work the hours I want whilst making the $$ I want and knowing that I get total control of my own work/life balance.

After being diagnosed with breast cancer in 2008 it really is about creating balance. Ideally would love to build the business to a point that I am able to have my partner work with me – but for now it is back to basics and putting in all the hard work!

Best part about doing my own thing is knowing I can select to work on exclusive assignments and deliver 100% service without feeling like I am under pressure from competitors.

So far – so good!

The Copy Chick
    • Total posts: 963
    Up

Congratulations on taking the plunge. Having recently faced a major health issue of my own, I can really appreciate where you are coming from when you talk about balance – it really helps define the important things in life..!

I hope you’re now doing well health-wise and that your new business gives you a fresh lease on life. I know I’m certainly loving every day :)

All the best,
    Anna

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi Sali,

Welcome to Flying Solo, and thanks for being so open with us about your illness. I am absolutely inspired by you.

We’ll have a similarly uplifting story on the home page on thursday, so please check it out… hope it helps you continue to be motivated and positive.

All the best,
    Jayne

altaimage
    Participant
    • Total posts: 98
    Up

Good luck with it all – sounds like you have enough motivation and hope the health issues are all in the past for you. At least this way you get to do what you want – how you want and can drive a part of the market forward with your background experience.

All the best and hope it works well for you – keep us posted!

Scott @ alta|image
    http://www.altaimage.com.au
    info@altaimage.com.au

chancelm
    • Total posts: 12
    Up

Welcome to Flying Solo, what an inspiring journey you have been on, I can hear in your post your excitement, and confidence about what lays ahead, you are moving mountains effortlessly already girl, keep up the good work!

As you are one of few that appreciate how vital ‘balance’ is, you may get incredible value from reading, The E-Myth by Michael Gerber. A very inspiring read for Small Businesses Owners that are finally doing it their way without a boss.

To Your Success,
    Chance :)

beanonlinelately
    • Total posts: 80
    Up

Hi Sali

Welcome aboad, as a fairly new inductee I must say that it is a great forum to chat with other people in similar positions to yourself.

About three years ago I made the conscious choice to resign from my operational role with a major coffee chain and focus more on lifestyle balance and enjoying the finer things in life, hence the beginning of my entrepreneurial adventures. And yes, The E Myth is a great insight into the human psychie.

Life is just to short, thanks for being so open and feel free to contact me at any time should you need anything.

Cheers, Rod.
    http://www.beanonlinelately.com.au

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.